“Food was Amazing - Ignore bad reviews!”
Review of The Cottage Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Cottage Bar
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I visited Magaluf in June, our hotels breakfast was sadly lacking so we popped round the corner to the Cottage Bar. Well what a breakfast, proper bacon, sausage the works it was heaven. So we thought we might pop there for a pre night out meal too to line our stomachs. I had jacket potato with chicken and mayo, it was lovely so much chicken (not processed either). My friends had a Sunday lunch (each to their own!) and it was amazing lots of meat gorgeous roasties, nearly as good as my mums. We ate there every day after this and got to know the owners who did tell us that she was having trouble with the previous owners and I am wondering if a couple of the previous reviews are made up and plain spiteful! I know you cannot please everyone but there is being objective or just extremely vitrolic. I know, visit the Cottage bar and make your own mind up!

1  Thank Dawn H
There are newer reviews for The Cottage Bar

Reviewed 12 August 2011

The food was awful. Me and my partner had chicken curry the portions were good but it just tasted like chicken in a tomato sauce. The kids had a roast dinner which was very dry and obviously microwaved to an inch of its life!

The owners were very nice and had recently just taken the business over. Nice people shame about the food.

Reviewed 10 August 2011

Firstly Mandy and her husband made us feel very welcome! We came here 3 times altogether in the 7 days which we stopped (the last couple of days), wish we had found it earlier.

The food was lovely and always served hot. Each time we had something different and we never came out disapointed. The breakfasts are certainly not a miss !!!!!! Very generous portions and certainly value for your money. Would definately go again and recommend to all.

1  Thank hayleypage
Reviewed 17 July 2011

well worth a visit, food very hot, generous portions, must admit you do have to wait a while buts worth the wait ,

1  Thank holroydfamily
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We went on a 5 day/4 night break to Magalluf and some friends had told us to go to the Cottage Bar for our food. Well, we was not dissappointed at all. The food (mainly imported from England) was spot on - Sunday Roasts (daily) were lovely and their Jacket Potatoes are to die for. Portions are massive !!!! The new Owners Mandy and Phil and very welcoming and are a lovely couple. They really make you feel at home. We ate there every day and at the end of our break made new friends in the owners. We will definitely be returning in August/September and will definitely re-visit the Cottage Bar. I would recommend this great place to all visiting Magalluf. Food Fantastic and also very well priced !

2  Thank JOJOSIM1969