“lovely hotel,nice food”
Review of Flamboyan Caribe

Flamboyan Caribe
Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Magaluf
Reviewed 28 April 2010

a very modern hotel in a lively setting,i would not reccomend this hotel for people who require a quiet holiday or people with small children as at night magaluff is very lively and can be quite loud in the evening.The staff are very freindly and the cleanliness is excellent ,the food was also of a good standard ,i would reccomend this hotel to anyone who wants a good time .

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 April 2010

First of all, I cannot imagine why anyone would choose MAGALUF as a holiday destination and then complain about noise/chavs/nightclubs or whatever! I thought everyone knew what Magaluf was like! I have stayed all over the world in some very nice places and I wouldn't dream of comparing Magaluf with some of them. I went for a 40th birthday celebration where we WANTED bars and a good time. This hotel was great for that. It's location is perfect, you can walk everywhere. There are awful places to eat and there are also some quite nice restaurants around if you look for them. The hotel itself was clean and the shower worked and was indeed quite good. I think that makes the hotel a success in Magaluf! However, if you want a nice, relaxing holiday go to Alcudia or one of the other areas of the island which are fantastic, but not quite so riotous!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank whugirl
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Very convenient location, as it was right on the Magaluf beach and at one end of the Strip, where all the action is. All the hotspots within walking distance.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank roarkpankaj
Reviewed 28 November 2009

We (me and my wife) stayed in this hotel for a summertime vacation. We paid for a sea view room, but even though there are plenty of magnificent sea view rooms, our room was at the very corner of the second building annexed to the main one with a limited sea view. When we complained to the front desk that we paid a sea view room and did not want to stay in a limited view one (the very corner room in the second building also remains significantly backward with respect to the other sea view rooms) they wanted an extra charge of EUR60 for a room change request!! This was ridiculous because we wanted our right just like the other guests who paid exactly the same amount what we paid for a sea view room. No hotel officer helped us for the remaining part of our stay at the hotel. When we returned home, we told the story to our local travel agency, and they apologised and paid us an indemnity for the indifference of the hotel staff.

The hotel rooms are tiny, plain and noisy throughout the midnight. I am talking about the rooms of the second building next to the main one. The location of the hotel is perfect, just at the heart of lively magaluf cafes, bars and shops.

In sum, I strictly recommend that you must know beforehand in what room and what building you will stay throughout your vacation, in order not to find yourself facing a totally careless hotel staff.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bosphorus_view
Reviewed 22 September 2009

The Flamboyan is well situated for all amenities and although not for everyone, close to all the pubs, clubs etc. This means a lot of noise, from the streets, late into the early hours. Hotel is clean with rooms having decent on suite facilities. Mattresses very cheap and uncomfortable. the cleaners are excellent and hard working. On a couple of occasions I put the "Do Not Disturb" sign out yet they still came back later to clean the rooms. Situated within yards of the beach with a small swimming pool. I preferred to use the beach as the Germans would typically have their towels on the pool sun loungers at first light !! This hotel was 90% German stayers. The food was not good (and I am far from fuzzy !) Breakfast was adequate with choice of hot or cold but evening meals were tasteless with vegetables cooked to a mushy pulp. It has a sun terrace with one bar but found that their were never any staff to take orders and if you wanted a drink then you had to go to the bar and get it yourself. Although the hotel boasts having a gym, it is very limited with inadequate equipment. The exercise bike saddle kept collapsing whilst the only other piece of equipment was a basic multigym. Although we enjoyed our 5 day stay, I would not use this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank festy47
Reviewed 12 September 2009

Stay at Flamboyan Caribe was a part of my trip to Majorca. I have spent the first week of my journey at the north-east of the island at Can Picafort and for the second week, (on September 3) I came to the South - to Flamboyan Caribe, Magaluf.
Actually this hotel consists of two buildings: Flamboyan and Caribe. Flamboyan is the main one where there is a reception, swimming pool (though very little), fitness and spa facilities.
The hotel is positioning itself as 4 star but believe me it is cheating - it is a real 3 star hotel!
Travelling alone I have prepayed double room for single use at this hotel. When I arrived I was given single, ugly and very depressive room with the bed facing toilet. Next day I was talking to the manager at the reception about the room change. I won't describe now this fight, but only after my insisting on talking to the managing director (before even my argument that I have paid for double and was put into single didn't work as they were saying that they have no rooms!) I was offered standard double room with sea-view with the additional payment for the sea-view. First they wanted 120 Euros for 6 days, then agreed for 60. Another little detail - they even do not have consierge to help you with bringing suitcases to the room.
On the other hand reception managers were really friendly and helpful when it didn't concern the rooms change. They always very ready to advise on places of interest, buses to Palma, cash machines, souvenir shops nearby and at Palma etc.
The first day I went for dinner and the meat there (grilled pork) was spoiled! It was stinky and awful. When I talked to the restaurant manager I heard bla-bla-bala about local recipes and herbs that "add taste". Belive me, I was not the only who noticed the thing! Later I talked to the other hotel guests and they confirmed I was right. The worse thing there was that there were lots of kids and it might be a disaster if they eat it! Later on, in a week I noticed that grilled fish was not fresh... but this time preferred to keep silence - didn't want to spoil the last day in Majorka.
Actually the choice of food wasn't that wide there too and didn't look like four star one. I could compare as the first week on Majorka I spent at a really nice and real 4 star hotel at Can Picafort called Exagon Park.
I also heard from the hotel guests that there were cases of theft at the hotel and I won't recommend you to take the first floor rooms with big terraces(at Caribe building) - it is very easy to get into your room then.
In the meantime the hotel's location is great, 20 metres from the sea, at the very beginning of promenade - enbankment. Lots of nice bars and restaurants around.
Among the hotel guests there were mostly Russians, Serbians and British people.
I will say that if you have a special very cheap offer and are interested only in good location,sea next to your door and some breakfast , you can try it. I myself will never go there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank Yulia_from_Moscow
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Maybe not a full 4 star experience, but pretty good all round - and at the price - unbeatable. They even cleaned the room when I hadn't left it until after 3 in the afternoon, which I felt was a nice touch. Staff were good, if maybe a bit suspicious at first (seems more family oriented than solo traveller, but when they know you're not a rioter they lighten up), but room was clean and comfortable. As noted elsewhere, the TV was truly tiny, and only had CNN in english, but then I guess you're not there to watch TV! The lower floor, street side rooms allow some street noise in; but it wasn't overly obtrusive. If you're there for the party and coming in late, take these and save your £ (you'll sleep fine) - but for an extra 5 or 10 euros a head you can get sea view rooms anyway which I suspect would have been silent - you pays your money, etc. Views great, pool perhaps too small with limited sun-loungers; but down 20 steps or so and you're on the beach so there's choice.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo