“stayed here a few years ago on a lads holiday”

Universal Hotel Florida
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Magaluf
Reviewed 5 January 2014

stayed here a good few years ago on a lads holiday and cannot complain one bit about the place of what i can remember the views were unbelieveable , the hotel itself was very good and the pool very decent you had steps straight to the beach also would recommend this hotel definetly

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank thevaledale
Write a ReviewReviews (1,078)

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We came back very relaxed from this holiday and we want to recommend it to everybody so much. When you have a coffee and open the curtains and sit and see the calm see and enjoy such clean room you feel as if you are in paradise. The position of this hotel and all facilities are great and we come back in June next year for two weeks.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Levan J
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We have chosen Florida hotel because we saw the pictures and also the price was really good with half board.
Couldn't make a better choice,everything was absolutely perfect,the staff very friendly and helpful,the food was very good and plenty,the manager was a friendly and helpful person and in this way i want to thank him for the good experience what the hotel provided to us.
You literally find everything near the hotel,if you want pubs,shops,clubs..the beach was 5 min walking distance just down the hill....be prepared to do some exercise on that hill coming and going:)make sure you don't forget anything in the room if you are going to the beach:D
I do preferred to go on their private little place which is literally few steps down the pool,it was absolutely amazing.

Room Tip: make sure you have a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank orsolya_11
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Even though when booking Hotel Florida I had read many great reviews, I was still slightly nervous after reading some bad reviews, as I am only twenty-four and was travelling by myself, visiting friends in the resort, however I cannot fault this hotel at all! Hotel Florida is in such a great location of Magaluf (please request a sea-view on booking as the views are amazing), as you have easy access and a short walk to the beach, restaurants, Magaluf strip and Palma Nova, however at the same time you are in such a quiet area, you never experience noise from Magaluf itself.

Unfortunately I never experienced food in the hotel as I was never up in time for breakfast, however I have to credit the hotel staff for their hospitality. On my departure day back home, I had to check out very early for my flight and the staff made sure I had access to breakfast and drinks before leaving, which I have to admit after a week of partying and not much sleep, set me up nicely for the long travel back home. Also upon checking out the staff made sure I knew about my transfer, which I thought was very kind of them. I also have to add the drink prices were very reasonably priced, it was roughly round about 4euros for a cocktail. If you require wifi it's only 10euros for the week, however most local bars and restaurants provide you with free wifi.

The hotel rooms were very clean and cleaners came in everyday to provide clean towels and bedsheets. The hotel room was ideal for me as I was by myself, however even though I booked a double room, the only fault I could pick with the room is if their was two of you, the room could end up being a little bit cramped. I have to say the swimming pool was amazing, ideal for relaxing, with superb views and you would never think you were in Magaluf.

This is one of the best holidays I have experienced and after feeling slightly nervous about visiting Magaluf after hearing some not so good reviews, I have completely fallen in love with the place and will be going back next year, therefore if you want to try Magaluf but be also staying away from the hustle and bustle then this is the hotel for you!! As I was staying by myself, I felt incredibly comfortable during my stay in this hotel and everybody I met in this hotel whether staff or holidaymakers were incredibly welcoming.

I would recommend this hotel to couples, families and groups of friends, however if you are a party of big lads or girls then this maybe not the place for you, as the hotel likes to keep noise from hotel residents to a minimum, which I hugely respect, therefore that is why next year I will be staying elsewhere, as this was the only problem I experienced during my stay. As I was visiting friends out in Magaluf and staying by myself, it would of been nice if I could of had my friends round on evenings, however hotel security would stop any non residents from entering
the hotel, therefore that is the only reason I would not stop at the hotel again. If I was going away with a boyfriend or family I wouldn't hesitate in stopping here again!!

**SAFETY TIPS**
Avoid the opposite end of Magaluf as it is so easy to get mugged and it is great to be made aware of this.

*** GREAT TIPS***
Visit Nikki Beach
Try the para sailing
You have to experience the sling shot on the strip
Always bargain with the PR's at the bars for cheap drinks
Visit BCM nightclub it is definitely an experience
If wanting a chilled out night go for a meal and drinks in Palma Nova on the beach front

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank LesleyK1989
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Hotel Florida is the best 3 star hotel we have stayed in, cannot fault it at all,such a wide variety of food, and there was even special diabetic jam and marmalade, and a nice touch was a bowl of water with pieces of lemon it it for washing your fruit. Fantastic views and several small terraces with sun loungers which were a bit more private then being around the pool. The all inclusive drinks were good and you get good measures and no problem getting 2 or 3 drinks at a time. As others have said staff lovely and the Hotel is clean, we were in the Annex which was okay but if raining you would get wet going for meals or to the bar. We found the lift system a bit confusing we were room 4007 which was on floor 2 our friend was in room 701 that was on level 6. Several people spent extra time going up and down needlessly. Yes it is up a very steep hill and there are 101 steps up from the beach which brings you quite a way up the hill. Will definatly stay again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank winkleDevon
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have just returned from the hotel florida after a week of being there on my own with my 6 year old daughter. I was a bit worried when i read the previous reviews about it being full of stag/hen parties however when i got there it was completely different. There was a lot of families with children and also single parents with children. My daughter met lots of friends by the pool which was great!! The room was basic and comfy but we were hardly in the room anyway, there was some ants but we reported this and they went up straight away to spray the room. The view was absolutely amazing!!!! The cleaners do a good job and give u clean towels every day. The food was lovely however i think they could do with different things on different days, as we mostly had veal and pork on the menu everyday, there is a good selection to go with it though...salad, rice, potatoes, bread, rolls and cold meats. The staff are excellent, so friendly and they made me and my daughter feel very welcome, they even got to know our names and our drink order at dinner lol. The hotel is in a great location close to pretty much everything, the hill is quite steep but me and my daughter managed it fine (she even managed to run all the way up). I think they could do with better entertainment for the family. I would definitely recommend going to the Hotel Florida and we will definitely be going back :-) :-) :-)

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a sea view!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank karri86
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Just came back from staying in the Hotel florida, booked a double room for myself and was given a family room food was very good hotel is spotless. clean sheets and towels everyday. only problem is there is a big hill to climb, but its only 3 euros 50 cents in a taxi. staff really friendly. highly recommend a visit here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends