“Basic”

Universal Hotel Florida
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Magaluf
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Full of groups and very loud
All inclusive was not as expected snack bar had no snacks all week except a few ham sarnies.
Very bad entertainment not what expected from a all inclusive holiday
Food was good and great staff
Rooms very basic and hotel needs a bit of attention plus air con needed in room's
View is great and pool area was good.
Would not recommend unless on a lads holiday it's not really a couples hotel

• Stayed: August 2014
psolaz, Gerente at Universal Hotel Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Daniel

Your opinions are very important to us and we will make every effort to continue to take them into account when improving our quality and service. Be assured that we are continually working on modernization and looking for ways to ensure that you feel comfortable during your stay.There can also be certain periods of time where there can be more groups, but in general we recommend our Hotel for everyone who wants an enjoyable holiday.

Once again my deepest apologies.

Best regards
Manager
José Solaz

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is amazing if I ever come back to magaluf and I know I will I'll stay at the hotel florida
The view from the balcony is amazing
The rooms are amazing great idea putting ceiling fans in the room
The staff are so polite
And the food I'd give 10 out of 10
Service was brilliant didn't even have to get out of my seat

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Chris A
psolaz, Gerente at Universal Hotel Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Chris,

Thank you so much for your kind words to the hotel.

We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay in the Florida.

Hoping to see you a next time,

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is such a lovely hotel, how people can give this place bad reviews because its "too loud" is beyond me. YOURE IN MAGALUF! It isnt going to be quiet! The hill isnt as bad as i what i was expecting and I coped perfectly fine. The rooms are spotless and the poolside is kept clean. The food in the hotel is good although i didnt feel as though there was much choice as other people are suggesting but i always found something to eat. The staff were friendly and helpful and we always felt safe in the hotel especially at night due to security guards. Some people may not appreciate this though! If i were to return to magaluf in the future i would definitely come back to this hotel!

Room Tip: Sea view! Amazing
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Focusonfour
psolaz, Gerente at Universal Hotel Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Focusonfour,

We sincerely Thank you for your comments about the Hotel, it help us improve and also helps other people to see the quality of our Hotel.

Greetings
Hope to see you again soon.

José Solaz (Director)

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I arrived at the hotel at the end of July for a hen weekend and I know we made the right choice staying here. The food was fresh with a wide selection of dishes. All the staff were friendly and accommodating, especially Martin.
This is an ideal place to go with friends, or on stag and hen dos. Were we loud? Probably, but just like everyone else we respect the signs and kept the noise down when necessary... But is it a crime to have a laugh or giggle? No, but I'd say to the hotel to keep doing what you are doing and there is no need to educate your guests, there was nothing wrong with your clientele at your hotel! There were a wide selection of couples, friends stags and hens staying here and the balance was fantastic.

There were a lot of ants in some of our party's rooms and they are in desperate need for an upgrade in air con (a slow ceiling fan and windows made it too warm to sleep in).
I had a lovely time here though, thank you all for making it a delightful stay.

How anyone thought to complain that a particular party was stuck up when they were clearly making out they were loud and common was necessary on trip advisor I don't know. If you don't like it don't go to a resort that is rife with young parties.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank MissNic_9
psolaz, Gerente at Universal Hotel Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear MissNic9:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us at the Hotel Florida. We really appreciate the feedback and we are very pleased that you had a good stay with us.
I´m very sorry about the ants,

We hope that we will get to see you back with us sometime in the future.

Thanks again for the great feedback.

Best regards,

José Solaz ( director )

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 1 week at the beginning of July with 3 friends. The room was pretty basic, it had 4 single beds which were moderately comfortable but it was cleaned on a daily basis and the maid did a good job of it. The sea view was beautiful which made up for the basic room. However, being set just above the strip of magaluf, we did not spend much time in the room so this was not a problem.

The food was varied every day, which was quite good. The pool area was nice but there was not enough beds to sunbathe, so we did not spend much time there, but the walk to the beach only took about 5 minutes (sadly down the hill) which was also nice. The staff in the hotel are very friendly and will help as much as they can if you have any problems.

The only negative thing I would say about this hotel is the location. It is based at the top of a very, very steep hill. However, it is close to the strip (which started about half way down the hill) and the positive of it being up there was that you are away from the noise at night.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view not on floor 1.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sianandzoe,

First of all thank you very much for choosing our hotel to spend your holidays, we are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in the Hotel Florida. Your words are an incentive for all of us in our daily efforts to improve the quality and services we offer.

Hoping to see you again in our hotel soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed while on my cousins hen do....the hotel was what I expected from magaluf....a short walk to the main strip, food was lovely a lot of variety. Our room had a lovely sea view, rooms are very basic and there was an issue with ants, the hotel was very accommodating when there was a situation in one of the rooms, and after some help from the lovely receptionist the issue was resolved. The hotel is exactly what you expect from magaluf, the sunbeds are chained to the wall so you can't move them, and the security guard that patrols of an evening is the biggest loser I've ever met following people round and ssshhhing you as you walk past quietly, this hotel is perfect for what you go to magaluf for hen/stag do's would I ever dream of taking my family to magaluf NO would I go for a relaxing holiday in magaluf height of the season NO. I think people that have previously reviewed this hotel as noisy and ruined by the hen party (most probably us, you was commenting about).....need to save some more pennies for there annual relaxing holiday...and maybe speak with a travel agent next time reference your comment about us being stuck up we are actually very proud to be called stuck up that's not usually what we get called so thanks

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank AimeeTichband
psolaz, Gerente at Universal Hotel Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Aimee,

Thank you very much for helping other customers know what to expect regarding our Hotel and the Resort.
Which is mainly recommended for young people not really for families, but anyway we try to do our best to keep the levels of noise down so every one in the hotel can enjoy the holidays.
Once again thank you very much hope to see you staying with us again soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here when we came on a hen do and the hotel was lovely. A perfect location - near to the strip but you couldn't hear it! Private access to the sea which we used every day. Good food - daily specials, wide choice, fresh and plenty of it!!

The rooms were clean had lovely views. The pool area was lovely, we never had an issue getting sun beds and there was a large group of us.

The hotel staff were fantastic when a few of our group had to move rooms.

The best thing about this hotel was Martin. He was our waiter in the restaurant, did the aquafit class and I think he was also the lifeguard. He is a credit to the hotel, he works exceptionally hard and we thought he was fantastic!!!

I am reviewing this hotel based on what we used it for - we stayed for a hen party, would I come with my partner or for a family holiday? No I wouldn't but that isn't the hotel that is because it is in magaluf. The hotel was fab but if you want a relaxing holiday or quiet time, don't go to magaluf...

Would I stay in this hotel again? Yes if I was on a girls holiday or hen party!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank KatieAndRicky
psolaz, Gerente at Universal Hotel Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Katie and Ricky,

We really appreciate the feedback and we are very pleased that you had a fantastic stay with us.

We hope that we will get to see you back with us sometime in the future.

Thanks again for the great feedback.

Best Regards,