Having previously stayed at the now sol wavehouse hotel in which I did not find the noise from clubs disturbed me (probably due to the fact the rooms overlook the beach), we decided to book this hotel as it had the added extra of the theme park (as it was myself, my husband and our 13 year old).
The theme park was nice enough but can probably only fill a couple of hours at most. The hotel itself is nice enough inside and kept clean. The rooms were adequate although a small fridge would be nice. The beds were fine and comfortable but only singles pushed together (so no doubles). Small balcony but adequate enough. Air con lovely. Maid service daily to make beds and replace towels (very nice maid with curly, short blonde hair).
The food was nice with a good variety of fruit, hot, salads and desserts. We were half board but no drinks were included with evening meal.
We were in room 205 which directly overlooked BCMs. By night three the lack of sleep was becoming an issue but no other rooms were available on the other side which overlooked the hotel entrance which would have been quieter. I am deaf in one ear but the bass permeated through the pillow and the screaming from club goers in the early hours still disturbed us. I could have coped with this but the noise from people returning to their rooms were what disturbed us most. I can understand this hotel getting bad reviews as the doors offer no soundproofing at all. Therefore the security would need to step in as as a guest I would not relish confronting intoxicated people who are making too much noise in the corridors. Three nights running we were all woken with a very annoying girl shouting her friends name in our hallway trying to locate her room (4/5 am). I would have appreciated security asking her to respect other hotel users (although I understand some may be heavy handed I never saw any of that as I was in at a decent time).
I did find the pools a bit smaller than expected although there were three (one kidney shaped, a smaller round pool and the children's pool). I would have loved a non smoking section as we were constantly breathing in other peoples smoke even when we moved several times, not the hotels fault but a separate section would be nice. Also, a Bit of up to date music to add atmosphere around the pool would be good (s club 7 and abba got a bit tiring).
If you are looking for a hotel that is close to the beach, strip and BCMS and if you're intending to use the clubs then this is a good hotel. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a good nights sleep or for families (although the guests were quieter throughout the day). The hotel itself is nice but it's inevitable that it's more suited to the clubbing crowds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Meliá presents the first “fun-inclusive” hotel in Majorca, perfect for families and friends, with both accommodation and entertainment all right in the middle of theme park fun and just 250 m from the maginficent sandy beach. Included with stay is free entry to the fun and thrills of Katmandu Park. Among other services and facilities, the hotel provides free Wi-Fi throughout, 3 outdoor pools with sun beds. Buffet Restaurant (All Inclusive option). The rooms are comfortable and are fully equipped. The hotel offers full programme of funny and creative activities for kids in the mini club Kamp Katakidu (8 months-12 years) during the day and a varied entertainment programme in the evening with live music, shows and much fun for all ages. Come and dicover the history of Katmandú Park! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Melia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Katmandu Park & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Magalluf Park Hotel Magalluf
- Sol Melia Magalluf
- Sol Hotel Magalluf
- Magalluf Park Sol
- Sol Magaluf Park
- Sol Katmandu Park & Resort Magaluf, Majorca