Just had a break at the Sol Katmandu Hotel in Magaluf, 19th May to 23rd May, and was very surprised. We stayed here in September last year and had a good time, since then they have worked on it and what a difference. The pool area has been decked and new sunbeds, the foyer has been re-worked completely making it light and airy and have now got an active entertainment team (who do their best with the few guests available). The hotel is still very clean and the food excellent as always, the check-in is quicker and easier than it was and there was minimal noise from the younger guests, thank goodness.
The down side is they are still doing MAJOR building works (a water park, rollercoaster and new attractions in the park), still refurbishing/upgrading rooms rooms and the consequence is that nice, decent people are financially penalised for making this hotel, the "best" and most expensive in Calvia, or pushed away to find cheaper, less attractive hotels!! Majorca is short of tourists so far this year, so Sol Hotels, YOU need to the prices to be competitive. Decent people are also being penalised on cost to keep out the groups of party girls and boys, this too is wrong.
We did have an issue with the toilet which took them 14 hours to sort out so they let us use an adjacent room not the best service and no apology except from the night porter. Overall a great time in a really good hotel, thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Meliá presents the first “fun-inclusive” hotel in Majorca, perfect for families and friends, with both accommodation and entertainment all right in the middle of theme park fun and just 250 m from the maginficent sandy beach. Included with stay is free entry to the fun and thrills of Katmandu Park. Among other services and facilities, the hotel provides free Wi-Fi throughout, 3 outdoor pools with sun beds. Buffet Restaurant (All Inclusive option). The rooms are comfortable and are fully equipped. The hotel offers full programme of funny and creative activities for kids in the mini club Kamp Katakidu (8 months-12 years) during the day and a varied entertainment programme in the evening with live music, shows and much fun for all ages. Come and dicover the history of Katmandú Park! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Melia, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sol Katmandu Park & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Magalluf Park Hotel Magalluf
- Sol Melia Magalluf
- Sol Hotel Magalluf
- Magalluf Park Sol
- Sol Magaluf Park
- Sol Katmandu Park & Resort Magaluf, Majorca