We went to this hotel as we were under the impression that it was family orientated due to the free pass to the theme park for each day of your stay. The hotel itself was clean and compact but comfortable and the cleaning staff were faultless. We stayed for 7 nights and I seriously would doubt that I would ever go back there if they even paid me. The hotel staff were rude, and how they can advertise this as a family hotel is beyond me.
We were on the 6th floor, and put into a room next to 3 girls who found it hilarious to flash at passers by anytime between 3am and 7am, and shriek and yell until we were woken up, and subsequently up for the day. After 2 nights, we reported this to reception who told us that if it happened again, to phone the night staff. No concern for the bother this caused, and clearly 2 nights of broken sleep is not enough to warrant complaint. The showers didn't work properly. Either your were scalded or at risk of developing hypothermia. We asked for a fridge for our room, and after 3 days of telling them that it didn't bloody work, they replaced it and plugged it into a socket that was also broken. I also noticed that the pool wasn't exactly clean, but was nice enough for a swim if you didn't mind sharing the water with cigarette butts and other foreign items.
On the second to last day of our stay, water started to pour out through the ceiling of our bathroom which we reported to reception who said that they would send someone up, and then hung up. The same thing happened when I asked if somebody had handed my sons shorts in as they had obviously fallen from the balcony. The receptionist also hung up.
The theme park itself was ok, but if you get the tag, don't take it off because even though once on, it can't be taken off again and getting the hotel to issue another one, is futile.
The breakfast food was a pleasant experience and probably the only thing that was decent about this hotel. They had a brilliant array of food and it all tasted lovely. The staff in the breakfast room were also pleasant. There is food for breakfast to suit every palate.
On the last evening (Sunday), we inquired at reception if we could rent the room for the next day (Monday) for a few hours as our flight was not until midnight. We were advised that they would do this but could only book it in the morning after breakfast. We were then told by the same pompous man that this was not possible at all. So we had to amble around Magaluf with our disabled son for hours, finally stopping at Finnegan's around the corner which is the best place in Magaluf. Brilliant place and had it been a hotel, I would have much rather stayed there.
I only wish that I had read the reviews here before I booked the holiday. Never again. Overall, rude, arrogant and didn't give too hoots about the guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Meliá presents the first “fun-inclusive” hotel in Majorca, perfect for families and friends, with both accommodation and entertainment all right in the middle of theme park fun and just 250 m from the maginficent sandy beach. Included with stay is free entry to the fun and thrills of Katmandu Park. Among other services and facilities, the hotel provides free Wi-Fi throughout, 3 outdoor pools with sun beds. Buffet Restaurant (All Inclusive option). The rooms are comfortable and are fully equipped. The hotel offers full programme of funny and creative activities for kids in the mini club Kamp Katakidu (8 months-12 years) during the day and a varied entertainment programme in the evening with live music, shows and much fun for all ages. Come and dicover the history of Katmandú Park! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Melia, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Katmandu Park & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Magalluf Park Hotel Magalluf
- Sol Melia Magalluf
- Sol Hotel Magalluf
- Magalluf Park Sol
- Sol Magaluf Park
- Sol Katmandu Park & Resort Magaluf, Majorca