I never had to write a critical review as my husband and I are usually not bothered about little thigs that people tend to complant about when staying in a hotel. Unfortunatelly, what we experienced in this hotel was just something that we could not just turn a blind eye on.
To start with, when we arrived at the hotel the check in process took forever - after half an hour of standing at the reception (to claryfy - we were the only people checking in so not like there was a queue) we were told that the room is not ready yet. We didnt make a big fuss first as i acknowledge the fact that theoretically check in starts at 2 pm and we arrived around 12. So we waited....and waited...and waited. Every 30min we were being told by a very unwelcoming and indifferent receptionist that it is max 10min and we are going to get the key. Well we actually got the key around 3pm and only because the other man at the reception (I think called Dido - thank you!) really felt sorry for our child as she was tired, sweating, hungry and with full nappy. This long wait to me is unacceptable especially that we were travelling with a two year old and that we actually paid for the room to be ready at 2pm as that is official check in time. We thought that was the end of our bad experiences - well the "best" was still waiting for us. First night we realized that the hotel is just across from the biggest and wildest night club in Mallorca. That means there is no chance of keeping balcony door open at night as the noise exceeds any acceptable levels. But we were still determined to have enjoyable holidays. From 2 am onwards, however, we started getting random drunken youths banging on our door as they were so pissed they didnt even remember in which room they were staying - not to mention sex orgies that were taking place in almost all the adjoining rooms. Certainly not the best experience for a small child. Again, we thought maybe it was a one off - well noup...it only got worse. On the second night we were advised to call security if the situation happens again - and we did but receptionist on night shift didnt speak english neither did the security guard. We had another attempt on the 3rd night and the security guard came few times but since the drunks are coming back from night clubs back to hotel every few minutes it is not possible for 2 guards to make a difference. It was like a cat and mouse game and clearly they were overwhelmed. After the 4th night when we literally didnt sleep at all between 1am and 6 am we had enough and were ready to move out as our family's security and sanity was simply at risk. Thanfully, Ana who works in customer services managed to relocate us to the top floor which is away from the drunks as there are rooms for which you usually have to pay a premium. Since then we could actually enjoy our holidays and our little one didnt have to wake up petrified at night. So that is the bad side.
As to the rest we cannot really complain - for us food was really good ( cant understand reviews that are negative about food) - there were so many dishes to choose from that even if you dont like certain dishes you will still find something for yourself. There is a wide selection of salads, main dishes and desserts. You get different types of fish, seafood, meat, pizzas, pastas, paellas, and more.
Katmandu Park was amazing too - i think me and my husband enjoyed it even more than the little one. Hotel entertainment (i mean professional entertainment and not entertainment we got at night from binge drinkers) was second to none. There was something else each night - something for kids as well as adults.
If the hotel only made up its mind and decided what its target visitors are to be then it could have a chance of being a really nice family place - but at the moment i cannot recommend it to anyone who is afer a quality family holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Meliá presents the first “fun-inclusive” hotel in Majorca, perfect for families and friends, with both accommodation and entertainment all right in the middle of theme park fun and just 250 m from the maginficent sandy beach. Included with stay is free entry to the fun and thrills of Katmandu Park. Among other services and facilities, the hotel provides free Wi-Fi throughout, 3 outdoor pools with sun beds. Buffet Restaurant (All Inclusive option). The rooms are comfortable and are fully equipped. The hotel offers full programme of funny and creative activities for kids in the mini club Kamp Katakidu (8 months-12 years) during the day and a varied entertainment programme in the evening with live music, shows and much fun for all ages. Come and dicover the history of Katmandú Park! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Melia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sol Katmandu Park & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Magalluf Park Hotel Magalluf
- Sol Melia Magalluf
- Sol Hotel Magalluf
- Magalluf Park Sol
- Sol Magaluf Park
- Sol Katmandu Park & Resort Magaluf, Majorca