“Would stay again”

Sol Katmandu Park & Resort
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Magaluf
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Had a room opposite BCM square and slept all night. Breakfast choice was really good. Had to wait an hour to check in but they have a luggage room so we just went for a walk to see where things were. Everything is on your doorstep. Experienced no problems at all

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Clint D
Patricia_TB, Director General at Sol Katmandu Park & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Clint,
I would like to thank you for spending part of your time to write a review about us. I am glad that you had a nice stay with us. I would also like to thank you for pointing out our breakfast.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you again soon at the Sol Katmandú Park and Resort.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I've stayed in this hotel more than once never had any issues before, the location is good and you gain access to the upside down house, we had a complaint by the neighbours who I'm assuming where a family that we where making too much noise one night, we where we had music on and where talking to people on the above balcony. No one asked is to be quiet they just called security wich was fair enough but the security staff where very intimidating they came the first time and told is to be quiet, we apologised and remained quiet, a few minutes later another member of security bounced through our door with another male member of staff which was quite a shock and uncalled for as I was in the middle of getting changed and there was a language barrier so I just found two men stood in my room shouting at me in Spanish after the original issue with noise had already been resolved and dealt with.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
1  Thank Nic F
Patricia_TB, Director General at Sol Katmandu Park & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2014

Dear NicF
I want to thank your time to leave your feedback about your stay with us.
I hope you do not have in mind the incident with security staff, but I would like to emphasize that we are very strict about noise because we are a family hotel and we look after the rest of our smaller guests.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you again with us.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just about to leave the hotel after staying all inclusive for 7 nights. Got here at around 10.30 to a warm welcome at reception and our room being ready for us. The room standards were good everything worked and we were placed on the second floor opposite bcm, had no noise issues from the nearby clubs. Food is nice gets repetitive but that's all inclusive for you. Drinks are nice and the staff were always happy to serve us. Kathmandu park is good for passing time but not an all day thing and you have to upgrade for a min of 2 days before you leave to use some of the bigger attractions at €2.50 a day. The entertainment team put on a good horror show so stayed in to watch that! Pool is lovely, plenty of sunbeds for everyone and we were able to use the free wifi in most areas including our room! Overall not a bad holiday and I'm glad I was not put off by the negative reviews left.

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank Holiday_visitor92

Dear Holiday,
Thank you very much for spending part of your time to write a review about us. I would also like to thank you for mentioning our good food, the kindness of our staff, our pools and our shows. I will transmit all your comments to the staff of the hotel.
We hope to see you again with us at the Sol Katmandú Park and Resort.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I never had to write a critical review as my husband and I are usually not bothered about little thigs that people tend to complant about when staying in a hotel. Unfortunatelly, what we experienced in this hotel was just something that we could not just turn a blind eye on.
To start with, when we arrived at the hotel the check in process took forever - after half an hour of standing at the reception (to claryfy - we were the only people checking in so not like there was a queue) we were told that the room is not ready yet. We didnt make a big fuss first as i acknowledge the fact that theoretically check in starts at 2 pm and we arrived around 12. So we waited....and waited...and waited. Every 30min we were being told by a very unwelcoming and indifferent receptionist that it is max 10min and we are going to get the key. Well we actually got the key around 3pm and only because the other man at the reception (I think called Dido - thank you!) really felt sorry for our child as she was tired, sweating, hungry and with full nappy. This long wait to me is unacceptable especially that we were travelling with a two year old and that we actually paid for the room to be ready at 2pm as that is official check in time. We thought that was the end of our bad experiences - well the "best" was still waiting for us. First night we realized that the hotel is just across from the biggest and wildest night club in Mallorca. That means there is no chance of keeping balcony door open at night as the noise exceeds any acceptable levels. But we were still determined to have enjoyable holidays. From 2 am onwards, however, we started getting random drunken youths banging on our door as they were so pissed they didnt even remember in which room they were staying - not to mention sex orgies that were taking place in almost all the adjoining rooms. Certainly not the best experience for a small child. Again, we thought maybe it was a one off - well noup...it only got worse. On the second night we were advised to call security if the situation happens again - and we did but receptionist on night shift didnt speak english neither did the security guard. We had another attempt on the 3rd night and the security guard came few times but since the drunks are coming back from night clubs back to hotel every few minutes it is not possible for 2 guards to make a difference. It was like a cat and mouse game and clearly they were overwhelmed. After the 4th night when we literally didnt sleep at all between 1am and 6 am we had enough and were ready to move out as our family's security and sanity was simply at risk. Thanfully, Ana who works in customer services managed to relocate us to the top floor which is away from the drunks as there are rooms for which you usually have to pay a premium. Since then we could actually enjoy our holidays and our little one didnt have to wake up petrified at night. So that is the bad side.
As to the rest we cannot really complain - for us food was really good ( cant understand reviews that are negative about food) - there were so many dishes to choose from that even if you dont like certain dishes you will still find something for yourself. There is a wide selection of salads, main dishes and desserts. You get different types of fish, seafood, meat, pizzas, pastas, paellas, and more.
Katmandu Park was amazing too - i think me and my husband enjoyed it even more than the little one. Hotel entertainment (i mean professional entertainment and not entertainment we got at night from binge drinkers) was second to none. There was something else each night - something for kids as well as adults.
If the hotel only made up its mind and decided what its target visitors are to be then it could have a chance of being a really nice family place - but at the moment i cannot recommend it to anyone who is afer a quality family holidays.

Room Tip: Go for the upgraded rooms on floor 9 and 10 - You have to pay premium for these.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank PatiWojt
Patricia_TB, Director General at Sol Katmandu Park & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear PatiWojt,

I would like to thank you for taking part of your time to write a review about us, and for pointing out our food and our entertainment, I will personally transmit them all your good comments.

I would like to apologize if your stay with us was not pleasant for you. However, we appreciate all your feedbacks as we want to be a family hotel, and the comments like yours help us to improve the service we offer our guests.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you and your family in the future at our hotel, to make your stay with us a wonderful holiday.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Left this hotel this morning after my two friends & I staying here for 7 nights. Could not be more disappointed! On arrival at 11am 3.7.14 we were checked in eventually then told we would have to wait 2 and a half hours for our room to be ready! Not funny we were tired an absolutely boiling dressed in our warm travelling clothes! Room was ridiculously small - couldn't unpack our cases anywhere and no bloody floor space either! We found our rep immediately and asked to be moved which reception refused point blank so the manager got involved - she was a vile disrespectful woman who sneered at us and said we would have to pay 25e per night to move!! Food was repetitive, bland and cold so ate out most nights, breakfast was pretty good plenty of choice if you got there before 10am. Overall I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you got a bargain late deal - we booked 7 months in advance and paid £1900 for three of us! Really pissed off and will be making an official complaint!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Dms2403

Dear Dms,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your holidays with us. I would like to apologize if your stay with us was not pleasant for you. I would like to mention that our official check in time is at 2 pm, but in case your room is ready for you before that time the hotel always give it to our guests.

Thank you again for all your feedbacks, as they make us improve the service that we offer our guests and we strive to insure your stay with us is as pleasant as possible. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again at the Sol Katmandú, to try to fullfil your expectations and make yours a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stop here with my 13 year old at the end of June my first thought on the hotel was WOW the work that they've done is brilliant!! Lovely pool area but it really needs more sun umbrellas food was Ok just wished that it was warmer so a bit disappointed ,katmandu house was so much fun the park will keep everyone happy my only problem is that when we go there it had mainly 18/30 s and I was lead to believe it was a family hotel but it didn't ruin our holiday.. We are looking at going back next year cause the 13year old just loved it

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank sbarker1969

Dear sbarker19,

I would like to thank you for the time you spent to write an opinion about the hotel. Our intention is to be a family hotel, so the feedbacks like yours help us to improve and to offer the best service to our guests. I would also like to thank you for pointing put our pool, entertainment, theme park and the hotel at all. I will transmit all your positive comments to our entertainment staff.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again next year.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms were very small, shared with 3 lads & it was like a prison. Security are annoying, coming back from the strip they'll annoy you for proof if you stayed here but once they know ur faces you'll be ok. Hotel is full of young people & a few families, we partied all night & slept all day.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Pablo D

Dear Pablo,

Thank you very much for your comment about us. In relation to the security, the duty of the security guards is always to look after a good coexistence between all our guests. One of their duties, per safety reasons, is to not allow people from outside the hotel to walk around corridors; because of that, they always check if the client is staying in the hotel, when some people come late at night. Is a security reason.

I would like to apologize if your stay with us was not pleasant for you