Reception - took nearly one hour to check two families in. Rooms were clearly not ready and staff couldn't have cared about the fact you had stood so long.They were so rude!
Rooms. Despite asking for a new room around 5 weeks prior to travel,I was given an old room that faces BCM square. Even when asking for a new room , I was told a minimum price of 77 euros to have a new room would apply.There was barley no room to swing a cat yet alone house 3 people in the room. The room was from the seventies with old fittings and plugs hidden to stop you charging your phone etc. if you're room is on the hotel entrance side you will get woken up every morning around 4 am by screaming 18-30 crowd. Believe me when I say this , as if you have children, you will find out. You have been warned. Ask for a new room on the park side of the hotel. (Good luck with that). Room did have a small flat screen with bbc 1 and bbc 2. These went off after 2days and never came back on . Small detail I know , but the Spanish or German TV never went off . Couldn't unpack suitcases as room to small .Hot water went off for one day and was told you have to put up with it like the rest of the Hotel.beds weren't changed the full week even though the room was cleaned daily. Paper thin walls and you can here everything from either side of you. I mean everything !!
All inclusive - worst I have ever had and you have to a premium for most things. Even if you upgrade to ai gold for 10 euros per day you still have to pay extra for bottled beer etc. The ai draught beer was known as The Paint Stripper around the hotel. Nowhere near enough staff serving at any time day or night. Spanish always served first.
Food - breakfast was really good, but that's where it ends. Again , no staff to clear tables etc and plates etc were dirty. There is no snack bar for AI . You can go into dining room and eat the leftovers of breakfast or lunch for a snack. You can't take anything out of dining room and food was really poor.
The park- don't go to this hotel thinking you can go on all the attractions with you free pass. This only covers a small amount of things and yes I'm sure by now you catch my drift - you have to pay extra for use of full park. Waste of money.
Lifts - 4 in total and I found them good with no trouble as suggested by other reports.
Pool Area - was really nice with modern rattan beds. Only has about 5 umbrellas in pool area and you need to be down no later than 8am for a bed or forget it.
Kids club . Staff were great and worked really hard and very friendly. Perhaps they could give the rest of the staff a lesson in customer service.
My tip to you is "do not book " this hotel if you think you are going to a nice 3 - 4 star AI hotel. My advice would be do your research,stay somewhere nice and go to Katmandu park as a trip if you must. This hotel is 2 star at most. Not worth the money you will spend. Do not be taken in by brochure / web site showing fancy room etc . This is not the case.
Apologies if you are due to go soon , but I feel you must know the truth about this hotel and it's rude ,arrogant staff. Spend your money on a decent hotel that cares about the customer. I wished we had . Please note : if you read my other reviews you will see I only tell things exactly the way they are. We went with Jet2 and feel really let down by them . This is a poor hotel . Needs to know what it wants to be .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Meliá presents the first “fun-inclusive” hotel in Majorca, perfect for families and friends, with both accommodation and entertainment all right in the middle of theme park fun and just 250 m from the maginficent sandy beach. Included with stay is free entry to the fun and thrills of Katmandu Park. Among other services and facilities, the hotel provides free Wi-Fi throughout, 3 outdoor pools with sun beds. Buffet Restaurant (All Inclusive option). The rooms are comfortable and are fully equipped. The hotel offers full programme of funny and creative activities for kids in the mini club Kamp Katakidu (8 months-12 years) during the day and a varied entertainment programme in the evening with live music, shows and much fun for all ages. Come and dicover the history of Katmandú Park! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Melia, Priceline, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sol Katmandu Park & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Magalluf Park Hotel Magalluf
- Sol Melia Magalluf
- Sol Hotel Magalluf
- Magalluf Park Sol
- Sol Magaluf Park
- Sol Katmandu Park & Resort Magaluf, Majorca