“This hotel is amazing!”

Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Magaluf
Sheffield
“This hotel is amazing!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I had the best time in this hotel! Every single rep is so nice and kind and will help you with anything, reception are helpful too. The perfect hotel for a girls holiday just don't expect too much sleep haha. The pool area is great and there's nothing bad I could say about this hotel I really enjoyed it :) x

1 Thank Natalie659

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Polish first
Sheffield
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed here on the 18-25th June, before I went I read all the reviews and the bad ones scared me a lot, I was reading stuff had been taken, it's complete rubbish. I would 100% recommend this hotel. The staff can't speak that much English but that's doesn't really matter, you have to pay a €30 deposit which you get back if your room isn't damaged but we got ours back and we had damaged ours a bit haha. The reps were fantastic I couldn't fault them, they were all so helpful and kind, they are such a laugh. Myself and my friends had a great time in magaluf I definitely wanna come back to maga and I would 100% come back to this hotel, the pool is massive, loads of sun beds to choose from, supermarket next door to the hotel, strip is about 5-10 min walk, loads of restaurants near by, I couldn't fault it. Excellent!!!

1 Thank Danielle_faulks
CursachHotels, Guest Relations Manager at BCM Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2016
We've made some very big changes since your last visit!.... The hotel is now Adults Only, under new management and offering an exciting hotel for young guests wishing to live a unique Magaluf experience

Cursach Hotel Group hopes you'll be back to visit us soon!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Went here for 10 days with a group of 11 people staying in three rooms.
When you go to Magaluf you've got some idea what you're in for, but this hotel didn't even meet the bare minimum for me. I seriously have no clue how it got ***.
DON'T LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO SAY IGNORE THE BAD REVIEWS, they've been written to save you from this scrimping disaster.
I'll start from arriving at the hotel. It looks decent outside and like many other hotels in the area, but as soon as you meet the rude staff at reception it begins to go down hill. You're provided with these nasty bands that prove you stay at the hotel (I took mine off 30mins before we were due to get picked up to go to the airport and some huge, rude guy came up to me threatening that I'd get kicked out the hotel if I didn't have my passport at reception. English wasn’t good enough to understand we had checked out earlier and I was merely going to collect my suitcase). They also get you to pay a €30 deposit p.p. which thankfully we got back, we weren't sure whether we would considering the state the room was in when we arrived...
(P.s be cautious on the lifts, the doors are majorly dodgy and only opened half way, twice.)
In my room it was as if the door had been kicked in by someone very, very strong and the lock was practically hanging off. Luckily after we spoke to reception a handy man must have come by to fix it during the day which was very good of them I admit, but why was it left like that in the first place, I'd like to know?
There's no complementary air con, it's something ridiculous like €95 for a week. You do, however get a fan in the living room and bedroom. Ours was about to swing right off, it was clearly much older that the other two rooms we had. This was right above the sofa. Disaster waiting to happen there.
Another thing that happened during the week was a huge leak in the ceiling of the bathroom. Yet another trip down to reception, the plummer took 4-5hrs to arrive, but again, done in a day.
The final big problem with the functionality of the room was the plastic grip that holds the shower up had snapped off. The maid took the broken bit of plastic to, what we assumed, get it fixed but nothing ever happened.
Other little things like not having a microwave, slightly shaky balcony, sheets not being given for sofa beds and no provided hand wash were some other minor faults.
One more major issue with the hotel is the neighbours you're going to be surrounded by... not talking about them stumbling in and singing at 6:30am. I mean loo roll, condoms and fast food packets being strewn across the halls until midday, major shouting matches between groups that results in them hammering the doors with their fists.
There was also one really creepy thing that happened when my room received a call from a room across the pool who notified us that they "know all about us" and if "they could come over to our room for some fun" because they "saw our light on" and did this several times. This was all at about 3am. If you’re considering going with your family, this is the kind of stuff you’ve got to look forward to...
Most of the reps are also rude. Complete "lads". If you’re still planning on coming here, do yourself a favour and don’t go to events with them. They decided to invite themselves and the rest of our party into my room for what they called an "important talk", at dinner time. Turned out it was another sales talk and we told them we had dinner plans, so left. They mucked up our school disco tickets too. Managed to sort that out... eventually.
PR staff for local bars somehow get into the hotel without the necessary band mentioned earlier, and literally barged their way into our rooms while we were trying to pre drink. Took a good 20 minutes to get these two guys the hell out of the room. I suggest if you're still considering coming here make a knock to know it's your friends at your door and not them.
The maid service being every two days was also another big problem. I know this is self catering and I wasn't looking for fancy complementary shampoo bottles etc, but when you have one or two rubbish bags piling up and no loo roll left it's really, really not a pleasant holiday experience.
Disappointment lasted up until the last day. There's a board at reception that offers you to keep a room until midnight for €40. We enquired about this and were told it was fully booked. Fair enough. But then there was nothing to do from 11am until five past midnight when our transfer to the airport was due. There was a luggage room that didn't seem that safe and a communal shower room... There are maybe 10 chairs at reception that were all taken up so we ended up on the floor until 1pm to wait for our deposit. If they're not going to let us keep a room surely they could have given us a room with enough seats (there was about 40 of us on the coach), perhaps with a tv or something. My group later migrated to the bar to get a seat, where we had to hear about it being "a sausage fest" over the speakers and "all the girls had to come down from their rooms"... again don’t bring your kids here or if you’re a couple on a romantic retreat: don’t even think about here!
The location of the hotel is fine; near the strip and beach. But on the way there you pass "ladies of the night"... once or twice we saw some dangerous situations and police arriving. Don't travel down this road yourself at night!
If this doesn't sound like your kind of thing, do yourself a favour, convince your friends and spend £80 more and get a much nicer hotel!

Room Tip: Want sunshine and buzz from music? Go to pool... Want quiet and shade (plus a dodgy alleyway) go for...
3 Thank Jennifer U
Thank you taking the time to share your opinion. We're sorry to hear that your stay didn't meet your expectations.

We thought you should know for summer 2016 some massive changes occurred– new management, new branding, basically, new hotel!

Cursach Hotel Group hopes that you will be back for a brand new BCM Hotel experience.

Travellers are raving about these Magaluf hotels

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel is so much more than I was expecting! The rooms were lovely, there are fans for anyone who is worried that there is no air con!

Upon arrival there was a ambulance at the front door - just the start. Do not stay here if you're interested in a quite week ;) Or if you have kids!!

2wentys reps were ace and the nights out were even better! There's a little shop on site that is SO cheap! All of Maga is really!! Get your hips to BCM - best club ever!!

Staff were lovely - especially Jesus!
Best week of my life, need to go back ASAP

OHHHHHHH FIESTA SAHAAAAAAAAARA!!!!

2 Thank Nic92x
CursachHotels, Guest Relations Manager at BCM Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2016
We've made some very big changes since your last visit!....

Cursach Hotel Group hopes you'll be back to visit us soon!
Alexandria, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just got back from magaluf this morning! After reading all the reviews on here I didn't know what to expect when we arrived! I think it was a great hotel to stay in if your on holiday to party none stop!! Rooms where clean they only got cleaned twice while we where there and I had to ask for more towels which wasn't a problem! The pool area was great but you had to be down early to get a sun lounger but that's the same everywhere! Would defo recommend getting the unlimited drinks band if we didn't have that we would of had no money by the 3rd day!! Wouldn't advise to buy the full package with the reps we only bought 2 things then went onto the strip and got better deals for the other things! Would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a party hotel and it's 5 minutes away from everything!! Ohhhh fiesta saharaaaaa!!!

3 Thank annalisexo
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here a couple of years ago on a "lads holiday", I however prefer to have quiet during the day and this was not the ideal hotel for that. If you want to be "entertained" with the music starting at 10am then this is the place for you. Room was clean, location was brilliant, balconies were pleasant at night. Would probably stay again on an upcoming stag do if we had to. If you're staying here be prepared for other guests to call your room on the landline..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Have you seen the changes made since your last visit?

New management and an amazing refurbishment providing an incredible BCM Hotel experience. Pool parties and events with the magnificent production by the BCM family that just cannot be beaten!

Thank you for sharing your opinion. We hope that you’ll be back to see us soon.
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I arrived home from Magaluf on Saturday 14th June and I can honestly say it was the best week of my life. Of course the hotel is basic but surely you have to be prepared for that? The room was basic and it didn't get cleaned all week and we only got fresh towels once or twice but myself and my 2 other mates were more than prepared for that. To be honest we didn't expect a room full of lads to get cleaned.
I don't really know why people are moaning about the 30 euro deposit, I had read about it before and knew what to expect but I think it is common knowledge to expect something like that to happen when you are staying in Magaluf. It was a bonus however to get that deposit back when we left considering there was a hole in our wall!
Pool side is great every day, the DJ is spot on all day long and plays a mixture of songs. The pool was always clean so there was no issues there. However the lifeguards were a disgrace and the woman really got on my nerves one day. They try to make a rule where you can only drink and eat what is bought in the snack bar, but that doesn't give her the excuse to go around and pick up peoples bottles of water and empty them out. When I seen this happen I did actually get quite wound up because it shouldn't be allowed to happen at all. Still it wasn't the end of the world though!
The location is perfect, food restaurants everywhere and the walk to the strip lis perfect, its about 5 to 10 minutes which we found just right because it wasn't too far and it wasn't too close.
I really enjoyed my week and all I can say is if you are coming on here and moaning then you clearly didn't know what to expect and didn't make the most of what was there for you.
Big shout out to the 2wentys reps though! They were class although I still never managed to find out who banged on our door on our first morning at 10am after landing at 4am!

Myself and the lads have already said we are doing it all again next year!

Room Tip: Who cares about where the room is! Get yourself out of it and get in the pool! I woke up by the pool...