Hotel Samos
HM Martinique(Magaluf)
US$65
US$62
  • Restaurant
Sol Guadalupe by Melia(Magaluf)(Great Value!)
US$107
TripAdvisor
2,132 results
All reviewsentertainment teamquality pricegold bandgreat hotelgreat shows at nightmain avenueamazing entertainmentpremium roomrecommend this hotelbar staffpool areanext yearplenty of sunbedsbcm squarebranded drinksper dayvery clean hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Me and 4 of my girlfriends stayed at Samos last July.
We had two rooms with 2 friends sleeping in one and 3 in the other.
They say the rooms sleep up to 3 people - this is a lie, the rooms are tiny and the third person gets a camp bed which is wedged in-between one of the beds and the patio doors.
The hotel staff are rude and not attentive. The reps didn't talk to us once during our whole holiday.
We got dropped at the hotel around 11 am to be told they didn't have rooms for us and we would have to stay in another hotel. We were gutted - the other hotel was nice enough but it was much further from the strip and we could not unpack/get settled as we were to be going back the next day! To be honest this ruined our holiday from the beginning as it completely killed the mood.

Pros
Location is good - next door to BCM
TV in rooms
Bathrooms are modern and nice
Foyer is very modern
Pool area is big enough
Rooms cleaned well
The air con is good and keeps the rooms cool

Cons
The food wasn't very nice and was same old same old.
No wrist band for the restaurant - just a cardboard cut out which can easily be lost.
The atmosphere in the hotel wasn't as good as other party hotels i've stayed in.
The lifts are ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING they absolutely stink of sick it is gross! Never cleaned but if you're further than the second floor up you have no choice as there are so many floors!!!
Rooms are really small and so is the balcony.

The main disappointment with this hotel was the lack of atmosphere - I stayed in Fiesta Sahara this year which was 100 times better than this even though it was much more standard when it came to the rooms etc. This hotel had a lot of families too which I found odd.
Personally I wouldn't stay again as there are cheaper, better, more fun hotels to stay in where the reps really get involved with you and you feel they are there to help.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LaurenN912
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Came here for three nights with 3 girl friends and was good stay! Checked in quickly, rooms are very clean and towels changed everyday! Couldn't ask for a better location. Only two downfalls and thats the good is not very good eatable but not the best abit cold. We were all inclusive but had dinner out one night and lunch out another just for a good feed lol! And they only give you one drink at a time which is annoying going back and forward when your at the pool and you get can't any drinks in for the rest of your party! Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 23 August 2014

A group of 3 of us stayed in the hotel Samos from the 29th july til the 3rd August. Qhen we areived we were given the key 2 our room on the top floor, as soon as we walked in the amell of cheesy feet was diagusting! & the view was on 2 rubbish bins & the back of the hotel! I went down straight away & asked for our room 2 be changed & the man at reception was very nice & managed to move us staight away 2 the 3rd floor with a pool view...perfect! :-)

The room is quite small but served its purpose & the cleaners were in everyday with fresh towel & tidying (our room was left a bombsight most of the time as 3 girls u can imagine).
The pool area is very big & u will have no problem getting a sunbed, this is also kept very clean with security & lifegaurd there all day. They have a BCM pool party on a fri & it does get pretty busy. Music is on dwn there daily aswell as some games.

The hotel is basically right nxt dr 2 BCM but dont let that put u off if ur not there 4 a wild one! We genuinly didnt hear anythin from there the nights we wernt in it! I was quite suprised! Beware of rhe fat bauld security gaurd though! He was the most depressed man in maga..tellin us 2 shhhh everytime we walked in at night(4am) as if it was full of oaps lol! Even when i tried 2 have a wee joke with him he didnt crack a smile. Rest of the staff though i cant fault! The barmwn were always full of smiles :-)
Bar29 is straight across the rd from the hotel & this is where we usually started the night off as its usually busy & the staff r fab! morgans bar is 2 the right of the hotel across the rd on the corner (best fry ups) we were half board and always had our bfast there, didnt make bfast rimes in the hotel usually & to be honest with what is offered at dinner...i dint fancy it.
The food i would say is prob the only thing that lets this hotel dwn, out of the 5 nights we eat twice in there with me having a pasta and tomato sauce As everything else wasnt the best looking or tasting by some faces!! :-/.

If i could give u piece of advise, try not srink the rushkanoff (cheap) vodka all the time bcos it took me about a week 2 not sound like a man when i got back & we wernt the only ones....the rushkanoff cough does exist!! :-/.
Had a fab holiday & met some fab people, this hotel is ideal if ur not looking 4 5star luxury! I would defo be back! :-)

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Upon arrival we were welcomed by the hotel reps as well as the receptionists an fairly quickly given access to our rooms. The hotel lobby is very well looked after and i have to say it is certainly one of the cleanest places i have ever stayed, the cleaners seem to work day and night and the cleanliness of the place couldn't come into question.
The rooms were fairly small but would suffice for what we needed, a friend of ours stayed next door and paid quite a bit extra for a 3 bed, i was quite disappointed to see they had simply been given the same sized room as us and had a third bed really squeezed in, so much so that it blocked their access to the balcony.
The food at the hotel can be a bit hit and miss, we had a couple of good meals, quite a few bland meals and sometimes found the food to be a bit cold. Now i know it can be hard to cook for so many people but I've stayed in all inclusive resorts before and been blown away on how good the food was so i know it can be done.
The all inclusive alcohol is ok, the wine and beer aren't bad at all but the vodka is the general cheap stuff you get on the strip and is best left alone in all honestly, i was hoarse after the first day on the stuff and still bad now a week after coming home.
The pool is large and clean and there are plenty of sun loungers too, all in all not a bad place at all but i don't quite think you get your monies worth with the food or the drink. Another thing get to the bar 5 minutes before last orders, the clock is fast and they slam down the shutters and kick the barrier rope in a few minutes before 11.
All in all guys, it a great atmosphere and the people staying there all seem to be great, the hotel management are nice enough and the cleanliness of the place is very good. I saw a few more hotels in Magaluf whilst over there and believe me there are a lot worse.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Craigs1984
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Me & my friend Emma stayed at Hotel Samos August 2014. The room was a decent size. There was a very small tv which served its purpose as background noise when we were getting ready to go out or go to the pool etc.

I thought the pool area was lovely. We never had to worry about 'reserving' a sunbed and there were no areas that got particularly shaded at a certain time of the day. There were plenty of parasols as well for anyone that needed a bit of shade like me! They did have activities during the day at the pool such as water volleyball. They turned the music volume up around 2.30pm. Please be aware that the pool water is salt water and not chlorine. It is only quite a light brine though so it's not like you're in the sea or anything.

I thought the food was ok. We went half board but only really ate the evening meal. They cater for the majority of young adults so there's usually chips, spag bol or burgers or hotdogs. We only ate breakfast once and they had everything there you would want including continental. During the evening meal the drinks are not included so make sure you take cash with you.

My only real bug bear was the stiffness of the beds. I really struggled with my back on those beds and I don't have a bad back normally! The rooms do have air con which feels great at the time but I am now full of cold!

The shower was good but could go hot/cold at times.

The walls in the hotel are really thin so you can hear people in the next room or above/below as if they are in your room! The main issue with this was people knocking on doors if there were big groups checking on each other. We did have a lot of neighbours playing "knock & run" so we just refused to open the door in the end. If there is a big group of you in different rooms, I suggest you develop a special knock!

The location was brilliant and loads of bars around and obviously BCM being literally next door. There was no issue with noise from the bars or from BCM it was mainly the noise inside the hotel.

It says there is free wifi in reception & poolside but I could not get this up. We ended up finding a local bar and getting the wifi code from there.

Reception staff were always really friendly and helpful despite them being clearly very busy.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to any young groups wanting a party holiday.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends