“Dissapointed - Poor, poor execution”
Review of Alexandra

Alexandra
Ranked #11 of 76 Restaurants in Magaluf
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dissapointed - Poor, poor execution”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Went twice to this place. On both occasions was hoping for a tasty, well executed meal - something that the presentation of the restaurant suggests it would offer. On both occasions I was acquainted with a sloppy, average plate.
On my first visit I ordered myself a simple Sea Bass with some salad on the side. What came before my eyes 25 minutes later was a disheveled, cracked, battered and buttered excuse of a meal. The measly salad was dry, lacking any real flavour, and the accompanying potatoes were buttered like there was no tomorrow, leaving them soggy and lacking any texture. And the fish...Well, when I order a fish I expect a clean, fresh, well presented, in-tact, element. What I received could not be further from the above. As a result of its lack of form, I struggled to fillet it cleanly making the whole experience in general a dismal.
Alas, I allowed the restaurant another chance, the following visit opting for a simple pasta. My only request that it be done the proper way - 'al dente'. Perhaps in Spain they have a different definition of the term for what I was presented with was a mushy heap of spaghetti.
For the sake of simplicity I will end the rant here.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank David B

• Korean first
  • Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality food, great service.”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The kind of quality restaurant you would normally associate with Palma, just off the beach in Magaluf. We had lovely fresh salads during the day and particularly enjoyed the seafood in the evening. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013