“Great location and Lovely staff!!!”

Magaluf Playa Apartments
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Magaluf
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Myself and two friends were due to stay in another hotel, but because there was a mix up with rooms we ended up staying in the Magaluf Playa Apartments. When we arrived we were quite angry and upset because of the mix up in the other hotel, but the staff were so accommodating and friendly that that quickly changed. A lady at reception showed us about 4 different apartments and let us choose which one we wanted. It was very basic, but it was clean and had everything we needed. The location was fantastic. Our balcony had a view of BCM and BCM square. It's close to all the restaurants and pubs. We had no problem with noise, apart from the occasional knock on the door. Not a place for kids though!!
Although very basic, I really loved this place, and if I come back to Maga next year I'll definitely be booking in here!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Ok so if you want 5* then this isn't for you, however if you are looking for central and clean then its perfect. Karen and Ann on reception were lovely and very welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. The rooms were basic but for the amount of time you spend in them in Magaluf who cares. The main thing was that the room was clean and ours (6E) had a great view. Pool area is great and good atmosphere and everything is on the doorstep. Overall perfect place to stay for what we wanted. Would highly recommend the Magaluf playa.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My third lads holiday in Magalluf in the space of 3 years, only 4 nights this time but I'd be going back to this place if I was to go back.

We had a 6 bedroom apartment, 2 bedrooms, 2 camp beds, decent size, very basic but clean too.
The staff are helpful and although the pool isnt the biggest its a cracking atmosphere, always music on, the staff at Rock On Tommy are class and made my holiday, 2 little old blokes cant do anymore for you, pretty cheap food and drink too.

Bang at the side of the BCM and the square and is only a 2 minute walk from the strip, Ideal location.

More of a place for Groups, wouldn't recommend for families.

Room Tip: 6 Bedroom apartments are bang on for groups, quite spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Daniel D
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Upon arrival after long journey it was great to be greeted my such lovely receptionists everything was very organised and we were in are rooms and dressed and ready to go out within the hour. I was delighted with the location as it is right beside BCM and BCM square and a 3 min stroll to the beach, the rooms were clean and basic just what we needed the pool was lovely with a great livwly atmosphere and the bar/restaurant Rock On Tommys beside the pool made us all feel like VIPS you did not have to lift a finger. I will most certainly return to this hotel and suggest it to my friends

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank unhappycampe6789r
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed here for a week in July and we thought it was ok for what we paid. The location is fantastic; literally next to BCM and 2 minute walk from the beach so it was perfect for us - if you are looking for central then I would definitely stay here.

I'll be honest - it's not the swankiest of places and it is very basic but our room was clean and we always had clean sheets and towels etc. Be warned some people we met had a worse experience than us - maybe we were lucky?

Staff are super friendly and helped us out when my friend was poorly one afternoon. I would go back but we only used the room to sleep in - if that's all you want then I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer E H
Reviewed 23 July 2013

we stayed here for a week paid 1,200 for a room on arrival i wanted to leave we were greated by used tampons by the pool the shower curtain was filthy slimy and floor hadnt been mopped for decades by the look of it the matresses were ripped smelly and damp we are all flea bitten from then you could feel them biting in the night the fridge was ecoli ridden i could go on forever i think we should of been paid to stay there were !!!!! although if u want to be in the bcm area you are literally on top of it but beware and make sure all your vaccinations are upto date guys theres millions of diseases in there enviromental health would have a field day !!!! ABSOULUTLEY RANK

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank lisa l
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I Arrived here early July with a group of 7 Friends, to a very welcoming lady called ann on reception who was helpful throughout our stay, and advised us of any bookings we wanted to make such as the western water park which was brilliant.

The only fault I can make is that of the bar/restaurant staff around the pool area, the male staff take a liking to young females and made myself and the group of female friends very uncomfortable. They walk around the pool approaching young females and just generally found them very annoying and frustrating. On one occasion a male member of staff attempted to untie the string of my friends bikini, it may be seen harmless to some but personally when I'm lounging around the pool i do not want the staff trying to untie my swimwear. Also my friend left her purse in the bar toilet to which it was handed in to the bar to then find the money was gone, now if the person that handed the purse in had taken the money they would not have drawn any attention to the purse and would not have handed it it, and when we suggested that perhaps someone behind the bar had taken it a particular member of staffs back went up straight away and became very defensive and swore at us. Thus we opted to go to the beach more than we intended just so we did not have the hassle which no one wants on a holiday.

There is no customer service at this restaurant and this is why i would i would not use this hotel again, perhaps if the restaurant had a overhaul of the staff more holiday makers would return.

Again i stress i do not want this to take away the great customer service we received from the reception at the hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends