HSM Don Juan
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
HM Martinique(Magaluf)
  • Breakfast included
Apartments Martinique(Palma de Mallorca)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Beachfront
Caribe Garden(Magaluf)
  • Pool
All reviewsrifle shootinggreat holidayten minute walktable tennisgreat entertainmentfood was averagenice poolparty goersbreakfast and dinnerstayed here for a weekfresh towelsanimation teamsun loungersstriphsmgirlsdarts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2012

After reading the bad reviews we weren't expecting anything brilliant from this hotel. We arrived to be booked in by friendly reception staff and given all information needed and headed for our room. When getting to the room we feared the worst after reading the reviews, but on opening the door we thought we were in a different hotel. I have attached a photo so you can see for yourselves, the rooms are absolutely fine. But same as most hotels the downside is the walls are like tissue paper, so if you have a noisy bunch next door beware. The food in the hotel we found was excellent, like other all inclusives i have been to it can become repetitive, but i could always find something to eat. The drinks were also fine, probably apart from the vodka (Paint stripper). I wouldn't really recommend this hotel for a family trip, it is more a singles (hen & stag) type hotel, so expect noise. But for the price we paid, £120 each for 5 days you cannot fault this hotel. We would def book this hotel again no problems. You just need to realise what type of hotel it is, it's not a 4 star family hotel, it is a small, well run, sometimes noisy, good for the money, all inclusive hotel. Thanks Don Juan, we really enjoyed our stay.

3  Thank TheWalders
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Dear Guests,

thank you for your nice comments. We are glad to know that you liked so much our hotel and our restaurant. We hope to see you again in Hoteles Saint Michel!

With kind regards,

HSM
Customer Service

Reviewed 27 June 2012

I went with my fiance and 2 children (4 and 9).

Hotel staff great no fault at all, very helpful. I did on a few occasions during my 2 week stay pass a couple of stags and hens group checking in to find they had to be moved to a different hotel for a few nights. Which didnt go down well but like the previous reviews says they got upgraded for the inconvenience.

Daytime activity was good, I didnt catch their names but it were a man and a woman entertaining around the pool doing activities like strechting, rifle shooting, french bowls, pool competitions, etc. all good. Not sure about the evening events within the hotel, we always went out.

I would say the pool isnt massive, it's a ok size. Guy behind the bar in the pool area by the name of Charlie is halarious.

The food not so good to be honest, if your a fussy eater then maybe not your cuppa tea, Myself and a few others (british) lived on chips, which was served everyday. Breakfast was ok but the kept swapping to different kinds of sausages so some days they were british then not! Deserts wasnt great either to be honest.

Rooms was clean, tidy etc. everyday cleaned. the cleaner does come around early in a morning but... isnt that what the red sign inside your apartment is for to say no thanks but later. When I say early, I'd say in my case (9am ish).

At night it does get rowdy until 1-2am ish, people on balcony's screaming, running the corridores, banging doors, I suppose it is Magaluf! you have the good nights and the bad ones. In my case I did have to complain one night because we were woken up at daft o'clock.

10min walk to the beach, 15min to the clubbing scene. Cheap bars within 5min of the hotel, we went the "Willies Rock" british and spanish owned. Great People. I think if I were to go back I would try and book the Atlantic next door where it seemed a little quiter.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear guests,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are glad to know that our Staff has treat you so well and that you liked our good location. We apologize if the quality of the food was not what you expected. We will inform the person who is in charge about it.

See you next time in HSM Saint Michel!

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Glass all over the floor by the pool,beds are uncompfy, food is vile, I gave my key to reseption and when i came back they told me i had already took it , 100 euros went missing from my room , AND I GOT A £150 FINE FOR A BED THAT WAS ALREADY BROKE !!!!!!!!!!! WORST HOTEL IVE EVER STAYED IN WOULD DEFFO NOT RECOMEND IT

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comments. We apologize for what happened in your room. We dispose for your security a SAFE, where you can keep all your things of value, and that we always recomend, as all the hotels in the world. We have sued and reported those incidents to the police, because there where more incidents around the area. Please note that these incidents are completely unrelated to our hotel and Staff. The police know about it and they are investigating that matter. We also have a security guard in our hotel by night and our reception is open 24 hrs.

On the oher hand, if you have been stolen, you also have to report the incident to the police, and here in Spain you need a translator to make your complaint.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Worst hotel I've stayed for an all inclusive, no gym, you have to pay for internet in the room but its free in the lobby, you have to rent a safe, a fridge freezer and every time you go to the bar your only allowed 1 drink at a time in a little plastic cup and after the 4th night I got food poisoning so I couldn't eat from there anymore and had to pay for my meals elsewhere for the whole holiday, I will never use low-cost holidays ever again and will only book with reputable companies from now on, magaluf is a nice place to go and you will have great nights out just research your accommodation because thats key to your enjoyment and health.

Room Tip: the best hotels are just abit out or stay by the strip and self catering is probably the best option

Dear Guests,

Thank you for you comments.
We regret that your stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations
We would like to mention that Hoteles Saint Michel have implemented a health and safety programme to ensure the health and safety of their guests and staff. This programme covers food and water safety in line with international standards and regulations. The managment is fully committed to the compliance of the said standards and regulations (we have the certificate exposed at the entrance of our restaurant).
Apart of this, twice per month, an external company makes questionnaires in order to know the satisfaction of the guests in all the hotel departments and in general one of the best points is the food. Our quality service department try to please clients of all nationalities.
In any case we will try to improve.

With kind regards

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Went with 11 boys everymorning a cleaner wakes you up mumbling spanish and taking sheets off you when your asleep, crazy woman! The food is vile didnt even no what 90% of it was and when i did it was vile anyway. One of my friends nocked the tv of the stand it was only like a 10 in 10 year old tv worth about £15 but they charged us £300 and another £100 for a light bulb that got broken! When we gave the hotel staff the key to look after at night we would come back and theyd given it to the wrong people and said its not there fat. Even the swimming pool was abs big as a bath! Not one good thing to say about this apart from i loved magaluf gutted im home!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Good Morning,

Thank you for your comments. We are really sorry to hear that our hotel was not like you have expected. We apologize if the quality of the food was not exactly your taste. We do have hoteles more specialised in English guests in different areas of Mallorca, where I'm sure you will have felt more confortable. We are glad to inform you any time.

With kind regards,