“Dont believe all you read on here.”
Review of FERGUS Pax

FERGUS Pax
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Magaluf
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed at the marina pax for 2 weeks 19/07/12- 03/08/12. We are a family with 3 children 11, 7 and 4years and was travelling with a younger couple in their twentys so we wanted some where that was lively for them and quieter for us. When I booked this holiday I read the reviews on here and they we're all ok. A few bad ones but you would get that anywhere you go. I stressed to the travel agent when I booked that we were travelling with children and was told it was far enough out from the strip and a decent hotel. The day before we were due to fly out I read the reviews on here and panicked!! I tried to change the holiday and was told that it was too late and if I really didn't like it to speak to our rep when we arrived. We had an amazing time.! The hotel was nice, very friendly staff, great with the children. The food was lovely couldn't fault it. The kids club reps were amazing and really tried very hard to please and show the children a great time. The entertainment team, especially Amy and Pablo were exceptional. Couldn't do enough to make your holiday a good fun filled one and was brilliant with the children, My daughter didn't want to leave Amy! They were fantastic, they put on some great shows and the Spanish dances got everyone going. Everyone who we met and spoke to who were travelling with children and had read the reviews on here all said the same. They had panicked about going, even tried changing it, but had all had such an amazing time. Honestly please don't believe everything you read on here.

6  Thank Shaz C

Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed here July 2012, we don't have a positive review!! (stayed at Honolulu in May 2012 which was fantastic!!) The marina pax hotel is dated, unclean, scruffy around pool areas, sewage smells in bar areas, has very rude reception & entertainment staff (cleaning & dining staff are lovely & helpful though!) We are in the 18 - 30s but were respectful throughout our stay. It's clear this used to be a family hotel, kids clubs, now dated/ scruffy mini golf & play areas but with it being run down I'm not surprised many avoid and it's definitely not a lively young hotel, location is poor! It's far from the strip, atmosphere was horrible in the place. I don't usually complain about the food, yes it can be samey but I don't mind however the quality of 'food' served at the marina pax was appalling & inedible other than the pasta & bread! Absolutely would avoid this hotel if 18 - 30s, too far out, horrible atmosphere. Would also avoid if you're a family, hotel struggling hence allowing 18-30s so wouldn't advise staying as noisy guests returning in the early hours etc & the place is just so run down! Better hotels on a budget for families & groups. So so disappointed with this hol, highly recommend Hi Honolulu between magaluf/palma nova if you're 18-30, perfect location/hotel for fun if you can get booked in there! :) avoid marina pax!!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank PopPeach034
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I arrived at this hotel on the 10 July 2012 and left the same day. My friend and i were given the incorrect room and told that a double room could sleep four people... the hotel pool side looked dirty. Our room key did not work and some random key that was not for our room managed to get us into our room.

The staff at the hotel were awful, the male manager is very rude....

I do not understand how this hotel is for families it is for hens/stags/partygoers....

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Was advised by travel rep it was a family hotel, proven by the fact it has a kids club. The hotel was nice, food nice, staff lovely. 1st day arrived noticed a condom by the side of the pool! Pools rowdy, balls being thrown into baby pool and yobs saying they don't mind if they hit babies with the ball! Constant loud swearing by the pool, spitting in the pool. One guy was escorted off premises for being too loud and drunk. Rep agreed not for families and transfered us to another hotel. This hotel has a sister hotel to an 18-30 hotel and when that one is full, they end up in the marina pax. If you have booked it as a family hotel and don't want your kids to hear constant swearing, i would ask to transfer your holiday before you go. We were (according to the rep) approx the 10th family moved.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank julia h
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I have just come back from the Marina pax for 11 nights, and honestly, cannot fault the hotel at all. The accommodation (once we figured out how to work the Air-con) was good, beds were comfortable, especially after 10 vodka Slushes. Power shower was good and hot.
Food wasn't bad if you are adventurous, if you are like my friends that hate foreign food and wont try anything new you will find all there is for you is onion rings, pizza, chips, and meat pie.

For the adventurous types, food spans to fish, paella, curry, chicken, wide range of vegetarian options so its is quite varied. Breakfast is worth getting up for as they have beans, bacon and sausage which is extremely nice to wake up too with a hangover, if you can get down there by 10am however.
Hotel was clean, staff were friendly. There is activities for children if you are part of a family but i wouldn't bring my kids here, it is largely populated youth taking advantage of the free bar. Internet access and pay phone in the hotel as well as wireless internet for all those missing their loved ones at home. Only 2 min walk from the beach, 15 min walk from the strip. Overall 4/5 only because its not worth £780 for 11 nights...

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the pools are quieter. Avoid higher rooms due to badly built balcony railings...
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I went to the Pax with a friend why people take children to Magaluff anyhow I am not sure - I would not take my child. But as hotels go this one had a kids club and hotel entertainment team who were great in the daytime - the evening shows were not much but the food was excellent. There is a quite pool and a noisy fun one - the marina barracuda next door is awful stay away!!! unless 16-21years old! Towards the end of the trip the hotel was busy full of Spanish with the world cup on this was tense... although some of the English lads were rude and had rude drawings on their backs - the manager sorted this out. The beds were not much, the shower tempermental, the food excellent always salads and boiled chicken and breads so I was happy - fish a plenty for my friend so they were happy also. This hotel is far enough away from the noise of the town but close enough walk to the shops - away from the strip which is also a plus with the noise. The beach is round the corner down the steps - go late morning once a clean up has occurred. The streets are clean which is good, stay clear of the black women streetwalkers heard of men having trouble.

Room Tip: seven floors, I was on number six near the quiet pool - could see the party hotel next door with som...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank KerryGKP
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Booked this holiday from Thomson told this was a Family Hotel - This is a Stag & Hen Hotel!!!!!!Arrived 1st July on a Sunday morning at 4:00 am to lads coming back from bcm, rowdy, swearing, pushing us out of the way to get there room keys, one boy who was that drunk he soiled himself next to my eight year old daughter waiting for his key.rooms, Baby pool infested by rowdy lad discussing their exploits from nights before!!! we were on the 7th floor and had our door kicked in just 1 hour into our holiday.Lifts a disgrace full of sick and beer had to walk down 7 flights of stairs because they were that bad. Last straw was listening to men discussing what they had been up to night before and stripping off around pool whilst my child trying to have some fun, absolutely appalling what we saw in first 24hrs of holiday Complained to rep Heather at first she wanted to charge 1200 euros to move us however I refused to pay and as there were so many complaints from families we were moved to Santa Ponsa free of charge by Monday lunchtime. If you have booked this holiday and are going with your family get it changed NOW you will have a dreadful time and will need another holiday to recover!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family