“Party hotel!”
Review of FERGUS Pax

FERGUS Pax
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Magaluf
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights with my bf and would say its definately a party hotel! Lots of hen and stag parties but not rowdy that they overtake the hotel. Food was pretty boring but was nice & fresh could always find something to suit taste. Perfect location for the strip, a quick 5 mins walk along the beach and at the centre of the strip. Room was spotless, cleaned & fresh towels every day. We were staying on the 7th floor with a sea view was stunning plus can have nosy whats happening on the beach! Staff were lovely and always helpful. Only downside was pool is small and can imagine when its busy this can come extremely crowded, plus definately need to upgrade the sunbeds, whilte plastic things are not comfortable at all!

Would not recommended this hotel to older couples or a romantic getaway, definately PARTY PARTY PARTY!

Room Tip: Request top floors as you will not hear all the parties underneath and people screaming in the corri...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lfenton13

Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights at the end of may with my friend (just us two girls)

Good points are... that it's very close to shops/bars/beach/strip ect... Food was actually quite nice and the staff are polite.

Bad points are... Your lucky if your room is cleaned properly (bed wasn't changed in 5 nights)
Don't go if you want a good nights sleep! The hotel is totally run down and in need of some paint. Wifi is about £14 per week.

Saying all that this hotel served its purpose for a cheap party holiday! Animation team where rubbish and didn't do a lot except play VERY loud music so you couldn't even hear yourself think. They could have had a lot more entertainment on as most of the guests stay there until 12 for the free drinks. I would stay again for another party holiday only.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Natasha I
Reviewed 15 June 2013

After moving here from its sister hotel after just 1 day (see my other reviews) it was like heaven it is clean noise free (ish) and the food is spot on as is the dining hall area not like a school canteen and no noise every one here friendly and staff also unlike the other hotel I had to sign disclaimers and was given info about the hotel not just my key like at the barracuda I would like to go on about this hotel but just read my review about the Barracuda and this is the complete opposite off every thing there I would stop here again if I had to but after looking at other hotels on the water front that cost the same I think not. I have attached a pic from my balcony at this hotel please compare with one from my other report at the Barracuda and make your own mind up.

1  Thank Litronix
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I stayed at the marina pax for 3 nights with a group of 15 hens all mixed aged from 21 to 40.

If your looking for a quiet and relaxing break dont stay here, Magaluf is a party island full of party goers and this hotel was perfect for us as we were on a fun hen weekend. Location was fantastic only a 2 minute walk from the beach and only a 5 minute walk from the main strip with loads of loud bars, clubs and restaurants.

It was set back far enough so that of an evening you can't hear anything but close enough you dont need to keep paying for cabs!

The food was okay it wasn't perfect but it was always hot, they wasnt short of anything and I didn't have any complaints!

During the day around the pool the dj played a range of music and some of the ladies we were with got a bit sick of the constant techno so when they asked the dj if she could maybe change it she did so happily!

There wasn't much evening entertainment but if your going Magaluf your not likely to sit in the hotel all night!

Our room was very clean we stayed in a corner room on the 1st floor with a huge balcony, 4 beds and a big bathroom. Absolutely perfect for 3 of is staying in 1 room!

The drinks were all inclusive (as was the food) and although most of the drink was local and not well known brands they were still very drinkable (unlike some all inclusives where you feel like your drinking poison).

There is a hotel next door which made our hotel look like Buckingham palace called the barracuda. It was grim and it was somewhere we were originally supposed to be staying however when we arrived we were immediately upgraded free of charge to their sister hotel The Marina Pax.

I didn't hear ANY noise of an evening, perhaps this was because we went as the season was starting so it wasn't full capacity but some of the other girls on higher floors said they heard some banging and crashing around and they had unsettled sleep some nights. As I said I heard nothing.

I had a fantastic time I enjoyed it and if I went back to Magaluf this is where I would stay and I would definitely recommend it for a stag or hen party.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We booked as a group of 15 for a Hen do which included some older ladies.
Words cannot describe how happy we were when we were upgraded to Marina Pax from the Barracuda. - But lets face it, after that I literally could've cried and kissed the floor.
Lovely open reception area, the whole of the hotel is clean and the maids do their rounds on a regular basis. The rooms are very basic but they meet your requirements and that is what we paid for. Air-con is broken in most of the rooms, so you are usually forced to keep a window open which then means you can't really sleep due to the noise, whether entertainment or party-goers. Hallways could use a lick of paint and some of the door frames need repairs but I think they find it difficult to keep up with some of the people who stay there. - I must say though. me and my sister ended up on the 7th floor in room 709 facing the front of the hotel and, my God, the views were spectacular! We definitely got the best in the group, lol.
Staff, maids, security and SOME other guests (mainly the women) were all extremely friendly and I couldn't fault the hotel or the staff at all.
The pool area is standard but we never had to fight for sunbeds. The pool is surprisingly clean and there is always a professional lifeguard on duty from 9am - 5pm. The hotel is a 5min walk from the beach and a 10-15min walk from BCM Square and the strip.
Despite some of the previous reviews, we found quite a bit of variety in the food with fresh fruit and salad available at every meal. Of course it's not always hot but at the end of the day, it is a buffet. Alcohol is local spirits only. I would advise that you avoid having ice in your drinks as it tends to be tap water which lead to quite a few dodgy tummies (but ALL of the hotels do this)... Oh, and don't drink the vodka. That stuff could be used to clean floors!
Now, when it comes to some of the clientele...that's a different story. It IS Magaluf, so expect noise, very late nights and a few confused drunken people knocking on your door when they've got the room wrong, plus the fact that it is an adult-only hotel that mainly caters for Hen/Stag do's. People come in all hours of the night, laughing, shouting, singing and sometimes continueing their parties in their room or on their balconies but if this gets too much bother, you can call reception. Some of our group were subjected to naked men running around the hallways but they were eventually moved to a different floor where it was a bit better.
Whatever happens in the Marina Pax, there are 3-4 lovely security guards, there is always at least 1 on duty and they make their presence known. They were quick and on the ball whenever anything kicked off so we never felt unsafe in the hotel.
All in all, you need to know what to expect when you book this hotel and more so this destination. The weather is lovely but don't expect a relaxing holiday or a decent night's sleep. I was quite happy with the hotel but I don't think I will being going back to Magaluf as it is just not for me..
I would like to thank the reception staff: When our flight was cancelled and we were running around like headless chickens, the receptionists couldn't have done more to help us, printing off our boarding passes, helping us use the phones if we needed a Spanish speaker and those of us who had to stay an extra night, they did everything they could to make the unexpected stay as cheap as possible for us.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I went to this hotel for my cousins Hen weekend! There were 15 of us ladies in total and we got upgraded to this hotel from the Barracuda. (thank goodness!) The hotel is lovely, the staff very pleasant and helpful and the food was really nice. The pool area was lovely and big. The downside was that the music around the pool was mainly loud trance music. Our ages ranged from 20 to 55 so we thought those who wanted to go out clubbing could as the main strip is only 10mins away and those who wanted a quiet drink could. Unfortunately the major let down of this hotel is some of the other guests. There were groups of youths/men who were clearly drugged up and drunk running round the corridors naked, banging on doors, slamming doors, swearing, screaming, arguing, playing very loud music day and night. If you like your sleep do not go here as you don't get any, even with ear plugs. I have put this long Hen weekend stay down to an experince that i hope never to have to go through again. Shame.

Room Tip: Air conditioning in all of our rooms did not work.
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The hotel seems to cater for groups, ( stags, hens etc.) and is adults only, you really would not want to bring children here anyway. The rooms are basic but clean. During the day the focus of the hotel is around the pool, which is loud and busy with a lot of people who have had 'one too many'. The staff appear to be friendly apart from the lady 'entertainment' person - who really did not have a clue how to run entertainment, but was also nasty with it. The food was OK, mainly suitable for the under 21s, repetitive but edible.

Bad bits:
You don't have to look very hard to see signs of wear and tear where standards have been allowed to slip, which isn't fair, just because it's mainly youngsters staying.
Look out for extra charges. Wifi = €5 per day. ( walk along the beach and all the bars offer it free.) The floors are extremely slippy, especially in the entertainment room and reception. It is very very noisy at night, with a lot of door banging, shouting, music. If you want sleep at night - dont go to this hotel - the noise is 24/7. The location is OK - you can get to the beach via some steps which are opposite and the 'strip and BCM square' are about a 10 minute walk.

Conclusion : you get what you pay for. Cheap but Cheerful

Stayed June 2013, travelled with a Hen Party

Room Tip: Take ear plugs