“Worst hotel ever”
Review of FERGUS Pax

FERGUS Pax
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Magaluf
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My and my girlfriend have spend 2 weeks in Marina Pax hotel this year September, and I have to say with honesty that Marina Pax is the worst place to spend holiday in. Everything about that place is bad. Drunk guests everywhere ( inside and outside hotel) some of them where aggressive, having fights in the middle of the night in the hall, unpleasant hotel employees- people working in reception, bar, restaurant. Dirty rooms, very bad food-not fresh and cheap, same if its about drinks, no aircon- receptionist lies about technician coming to repair it- no one came. Paid not working WiFi, TV with 8 channels (5 in spanish)- to have a remote in room you have to pay deposite- really, front swimming pools closed and not working.
Besides that hotel is very loud because of the street in front of the hotel and drunk very young guests.
We do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!
1  Thank michal m

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have been in this hotel in September 2013 and that was the worst experience of me life.
hotel has no air con working and when you ask about that staff they just telling you different story every day. one day they was sending engineer to fix it another they said that air con will not switch on when is lower than 25 degrees and that day was actually 30.
Food was disgusting, smell bad and there was no good taste. and every day you have the same menu: English breakfast etc.
Big swimming pool was closed, and small one overcrowded.
maybe towels was changed every day but barroom was no clean to me, mold on shower curtain and hair everywhere.
Room was very small and you not allowed food or glass bottles in a room.
People who was staying in the hotel were so loud and arguing and fighting every night. I literary haven't sleep for whole week of my stay there.
If someone thinks that is good hotel for money I don't know where You was staying before.
hotel shouldn't have even half star and apparently have three.
The worst experience of my life.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel!!!
2  Thank marzena w
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My wife I just returned from a stay at the Marina Pax hotel for 5 nights. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit apprehensive about going but we got a last minute deal and as it was all inclusive we went for it. For the price we paid I thought it was a great value for money. Pros and Cons

Pro
The food and drink I have no idea what people are moaning about as regards to the food there was so much choice, with food cook from all over the world! One night I had paella the next I had Sheppard’s pie and the food was freshly cook not recycled like other hotels I’ve stayed in. Only thing I can think of was they had one selection which was always the same (I guess to cater for fussy Brits) which was pizza, frankies, burgers and chips. (Funny none of those things are actually British) If you’re a fussy eater go self-catering at another hotel.

Con
The air-con, the hotel has a policy of keeping the room at 22-23 degrees which for most of us Brits is too hot to sleep in, you do get used to it but first couple of nights I struggled.

Pro
The rooms are cleaned every day. Some hotels only clean once or twice a week.

Con
Unfortunately because the price of hotel the fact it’s all inclusive and it’s not far from the strip it attracts a few chavy people who drink themselves stupid and act like knobs.

Pro
The staff, especially the entertainment staff. Entertainment was average at best but they tried their best and were very friendly.

Tips:
If you want a quiet night ask for a room on the top floor with a sea view. We stayed on the 7th away from all the noise. If you WANT to be loud and party ask for pool view on a lower floor.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet night ask for a room on the top floor with a sea view. We stayed on the 7th away...
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Me and my mate have just got back today from a four night stay, we loved our time there and the atmosphere through the day was amazing but the food is unedible, the young security guard, the old receptionist and the manager were absolutely horrible. We come in from sunbathing through the day yesterday and found my ipod smashed into pieces on the floor and the maids had been in the room so I complained to reception, basically they called us liars and we had to wait till eight at night to see the manager, he was rude and didnt help me at all! The receptionist had the worst attitude possible and so did the manager. They were both useless and I would never recommend this place to anyone! We are both eighteen and would honestly not recommend it to anyone, even party goers.

Room Tip: No rooms are any good
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just got back from our holiday at the marina pax, we arrived and were told we were going into the sister hotel next door, the barracuda. We could eat and drink in both hotels. And i can say the hotel was clean and the food was good, something for everyone. Our room looked ok but had awful views and smelt of damp. Went down to reception and had no problem changing rooms, we then got to change to a room that had pool view, but smelt worse of damp, stayed in the room that evening. The hotel had all ages in it, were were worried it was an 18 to 30 with it being adults only but was full of all age groups. Then the next day went to reception and asked to move into the original hotel we had booked. Staff said that the hotel was fully booked up. I just said I wanted to move to where I had booked into and asked for the manager. He then found us a room. Much better hotel, rooms were a bit nicer and it smelt much fresher. There were also more pool space and sunny areas, although the biggest pool was out of order. But must say we had a fab time and met some lovely people, and thought the position of the hotel was great. Out the way of the town, but a short walk to all the shops, restaurants and the night life. All In all a cheap break in the sun full of fun, just what you need as winter approaches.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 51Jacqueline13
Reviewed 21 September 2013

As per most of the recent reviews, my partner and I held little hope about the Pax, but boy were we pleased with what we found. In a nutshell, this was a bargain holiday!
We stayed from the 14th to 19th September 2013.
I never do reviews, but I simply had to because of all the negative ones that have been posted.
We are both in our 40's and expected a hotel full of drunken youngsters, but we found that we were the average age. Don't get me wrong, we went to Magaluf for the sun, sand and to party like crazy on the strip. Being from Blackpool, that's how we role anyway, so we would have mixed with youngsters and were ready to party hard. Instead we found the Pax a great place to relax by the pool, surrounded by a really great bunch of people. I can honestly say this was the best bunch of strangers I've been lucky enough to holiday with.
Like a previous review, I'll write up on each subject.
We travelled with Jet2Holidays, flew from Blackpool, and it went very smoothly.
We paid 300 quid for 5 nights including transfers, insurance, and the all inclusive. BARGAIN!!!
Reception: Spot on, 24 hours, very friendly, even the security guys were chatty, and a special note for Anna, she was brilliant in liaising with Jet2 about our transfer back to Palma.
Our Room: It was massive, 4 single beds, we pulled 2 together to make a double, all very comfy. The room was spotless, the balcony had two chairs and a small table, again perfect. The bathroom was lovely, a bath, powerful shower, very clean toilet and sink, and even soaps. Plenty of towels that were changed every day. There were loads of drawers and places to hang clothes. There is a safe in the wardrobe and the key is from reception at a small charge. The maid cleaned the room properly and made the beds every day. My only criticism is that there can be noise from the corridors, but this was easily remedied by drinking plenty of beer before bed (which we did), problem solved:-)
Food: We can't understand the moaning about the food, it was absolutely spot on. There was always a lovely display, fresh crispy salads, cold meats, pies, grills, Paella, pasta, vegetables, soups, etc. etc..and it was different at every meal. We asked so many people if they enjoyed the food as much as we did, and we never heard a single person complain.
The daytime snacks are the best I have seen in any hotel I have ever stayed. There is a large choice of Burgers, sausages, fish fingers, pizza, salads, cold meats, cheeses, bread, etc. etc...I honestly can't believe some of the crap that's been said about the Pax food.
Bars: They had removed the 1 drink rule and you are allowed two per bar visit. The bar was never ever busy. Beer was San Miguel, the mixers were Coca Cola and Fanta, and the shorts were the same as all the other AI hotels I have visited. Again, what are people moaning about? It was great.
Staff: Brilliant, very friendly, always ready to chat.
Pool: Only one pool open, but it was lovely and large, and we never had a problem getting a sunbed. No kids jumping about in the pool was great too.
Entertainment: The usual Darts, pool games, pool competition, Archery, Rifle shooting, Crazy golf, etc... all on site and a barrel of laughs if you get involved. A special mention about Mandela and Mishka, a cracking couple of people who worked really hard and ran all the activities. PS: The Wednesday Sangria pool party was so chilled, and I really belly laughed at the Sangria making demonstration and the cracking lad from Birmingham. If you were there you know what I mean, it was hilarious!
Location: Perfect, far enough away from the strip, but only a five minute walk along the beach front which was lovely to get back to the strip, or 10 mins down the road passing plenty of bars and shops which were good too. It was lovely to have little walk after dinner, passing some stunning bars along the way. Problem was we always ended up in a few too:-)
Yes the hotel is a little run down, so it isn't a palace, but it is an absolute bargain and if you are lucky enough to have a lovely bunch of strangers staying at the same time too, you will also have a great holiday.
We heard from staff that the Marina Group of Hotels are selling the PAX this winter, that may explain why they have not fixed the other pool.

Room Tip: Don't have ice in your drinks, it tasted so much better without.
2  Thank RazmoUK
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Pleasant friendly helpful staff, room clean and spacious, food fresh and lots of choice. Not a hotel for the older young at heart generation. Noisy with stag and hen parties enjoying two and three day stays. The hotel and pool are in need of updating and the few sun beds are cracked or broken. The closed main pool has been condemned and will not reopen until the hotel closes at some point in the future for a total over haul that has been planned for the last eighteen months. Evening entertainment suitable for stag and hens only.

Room Tip: First floor with large terrace
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends