“Just a waste of money”
Review of FERGUS Pax

FERGUS Pax
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Magaluf
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Well, where do I begin. We have spent 7 night at Marina Pax Hotel and to be honest I was so disappointed. Money we paid was so not worth this hotel. Our room service was terrible. They came without any notice everyday at about 7am while we were still asleep. They did not even check before walking into our bathroom so seen me naked few times which I think is non acceptable. Lobby staff was useless and gave us transport to one of the trips which we paid them for and forgot to tell us that there is no transport back to the hotel so we had to find a public bus. There was a girl that lost her friend who has been missing for nearly 24 hours and the reception staff told her that it is not their problem. Next thing, only one pool was open where people been smoking and it has not been cleaned regularly. There was hardly any food to choose from and we went in first week of August so you would think there will be plenty of food, events etc to choose from but sadly there was hardly anything. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel as it is just a waste of money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank milena_zalesiak

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My boyfriend and I had a 4 night break away staying here in Magaluf. The hotel was a total bargain and exactly what we were looking for, cheap, cheerful and close to the beach and bars.
The pool area was fun and lively with music playing keeping you in the party spirit and good banter between other guests. A great range of clientele too, not just 18-year-olds on their first group holiday!
The food was a reasonable range from fresh salads, rice and meat/fish dishes to your naughty burgers etc. Breakfast was a great spread!
If you're looking for luxury and extravagance it's probably not for you but if you're after a bit of fun, somewhere to rest your head and get a tan then it's spot on. We were very happy with the last minute deal we got for this all inclusive hotel and we made good use of the pool side drinks and a few before heading out each night! Cheers, might see you again next year!

1  Thank Nic_Bush
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My and my girlfriend have spend 2 weeks in Marina Pax hotel this year September, and I have to say with honesty that Marina Pax is the worst place to spend holiday in. Everything about that place is bad. Drunk guests everywhere ( inside and outside hotel) some of them where aggressive, having fights in the middle of the night in the hall, unpleasant hotel employees- people working in reception, bar, restaurant. Dirty rooms, very bad food-not fresh and cheap, same if its about drinks, no aircon- receptionist lies about technician coming to repair it- no one came. Paid not working WiFi, TV with 8 channels (5 in spanish)- to have a remote in room you have to pay deposite- really, front swimming pools closed and not working.
Besides that hotel is very loud because of the street in front of the hotel and drunk very young guests.
We do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!
1  Thank michal m
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have been in this hotel in September 2013 and that was the worst experience of me life.
hotel has no air con working and when you ask about that staff they just telling you different story every day. one day they was sending engineer to fix it another they said that air con will not switch on when is lower than 25 degrees and that day was actually 30.
Food was disgusting, smell bad and there was no good taste. and every day you have the same menu: English breakfast etc.
Big swimming pool was closed, and small one overcrowded.
maybe towels was changed every day but barroom was no clean to me, mold on shower curtain and hair everywhere.
Room was very small and you not allowed food or glass bottles in a room.
People who was staying in the hotel were so loud and arguing and fighting every night. I literary haven't sleep for whole week of my stay there.
If someone thinks that is good hotel for money I don't know where You was staying before.
hotel shouldn't have even half star and apparently have three.
The worst experience of my life.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel!!!
2  Thank marzena w
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My wife I just returned from a stay at the Marina Pax hotel for 5 nights. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit apprehensive about going but we got a last minute deal and as it was all inclusive we went for it. For the price we paid I thought it was a great value for money. Pros and Cons

Pro
The food and drink I have no idea what people are moaning about as regards to the food there was so much choice, with food cook from all over the world! One night I had paella the next I had Sheppard’s pie and the food was freshly cook not recycled like other hotels I’ve stayed in. Only thing I can think of was they had one selection which was always the same (I guess to cater for fussy Brits) which was pizza, frankies, burgers and chips. (Funny none of those things are actually British) If you’re a fussy eater go self-catering at another hotel.

Con
The air-con, the hotel has a policy of keeping the room at 22-23 degrees which for most of us Brits is too hot to sleep in, you do get used to it but first couple of nights I struggled.

Pro
The rooms are cleaned every day. Some hotels only clean once or twice a week.

Con
Unfortunately because the price of hotel the fact it’s all inclusive and it’s not far from the strip it attracts a few chavy people who drink themselves stupid and act like knobs.

Pro
The staff, especially the entertainment staff. Entertainment was average at best but they tried their best and were very friendly.

Tips:
If you want a quiet night ask for a room on the top floor with a sea view. We stayed on the 7th away from all the noise. If you WANT to be loud and party ask for pool view on a lower floor.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet night ask for a room on the top floor with a sea view. We stayed on the 7th away...
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Me and my mate have just got back today from a four night stay, we loved our time there and the atmosphere through the day was amazing but the food is unedible, the young security guard, the old receptionist and the manager were absolutely horrible. We come in from sunbathing through the day yesterday and found my ipod smashed into pieces on the floor and the maids had been in the room so I complained to reception, basically they called us liars and we had to wait till eight at night to see the manager, he was rude and didnt help me at all! The receptionist had the worst attitude possible and so did the manager. They were both useless and I would never recommend this place to anyone! We are both eighteen and would honestly not recommend it to anyone, even party goers.

Room Tip: No rooms are any good
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just got back from our holiday at the marina pax, we arrived and were told we were going into the sister hotel next door, the barracuda. We could eat and drink in both hotels. And i can say the hotel was clean and the food was good, something for everyone. Our room looked ok but had awful views and smelt of damp. Went down to reception and had no problem changing rooms, we then got to change to a room that had pool view, but smelt worse of damp, stayed in the room that evening. The hotel had all ages in it, were were worried it was an 18 to 30 with it being adults only but was full of all age groups. Then the next day went to reception and asked to move into the original hotel we had booked. Staff said that the hotel was fully booked up. I just said I wanted to move to where I had booked into and asked for the manager. He then found us a room. Much better hotel, rooms were a bit nicer and it smelt much fresher. There were also more pool space and sunny areas, although the biggest pool was out of order. But must say we had a fab time and met some lovely people, and thought the position of the hotel was great. Out the way of the town, but a short walk to all the shops, restaurants and the night life. All In all a cheap break in the sun full of fun, just what you need as winter approaches.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family