“do i look french???”
Review of FERGUS Pax

FERGUS Pax
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Magaluf
Reviewed 17 May 2010

myself and my fiance have been to magaluf many times before, i am an ex holiday rep and he is a fan of boys holidays to magalluf...so we know what to expect from the area and we love it!
HOWEVER...this hotel was so boring!
the hotel mainly caters for french guests...this wouldnt bother me if they made a little effort to cater for our needs too...for example actually realising we were endglish and not shouting bonjour!!!! bon apppetite at us all the time.
we didnt even bother to go and see the evening entertainment as we knew we wwouldnt understnd what they were saying, and quite frankly the entertainers got on our wit!
the food in the resturaunt was ok....good choice and usually well heated and well presented...not impressed with there being no beans at breakfast....typically english but thats whaat i expected...and my fiance walked around the dessert table dissapointed that he had no custard to put on his dry piece of chocolate cake!!

also this year and the year before my fiance and i suffered acidy feelings in our throat after eating/drinking at the hotel...maybe its just over indulgence or too much cleaning fluid in the beer pumps?!?!?!...i think i tasted cleaning fluid on several occasions.

ON A GOOD NOTE....the restaraunt staff were lovely and polite and the restuarnt always looked clean and tidy.

on check in your are given a wristband to help you to access the all inclusive facilities in the hotel...fine lovely...EXCEPT that you are racially banded by nationality

BRITS=blue
Scots=gold
FRENCH=silver

all pool activities anre held in the smaller of the 2 pools that is mainly used by the french guests....the other pool at the back is used by british people but there is no pool activities what so ever at this pool.

the room was clean and tidy, we had 3 single beds...would have preffered a double as falling dowwn the gap at 4am isnt fun....spare bed was good for putting our case on.

Shower had no pressure and felt more like water tourture than a refreshing shower, i ran a bath on one night as shower annoyed me....this took an hour to fill up!
balcony was clean...2 chairs and a table, view was rubbish though....right over the hotel entrance...interesting to watch people arguing out the front though i suppose.

to get away we went to our good friend paco's bar (the balmoral) which is just down the road from this hotel,and supped on lots of his brilliant drinks offers.

GOOD POINTS....
plenty of sunbeds,quick check in,cheap safety deposit box,cleaners were lovely,
we spent alot of time outside the hotel so it didnt really bother us...but if we didnt know the area and wanted a hotel pool kind of holiday this hotel would have been our worst nightmare!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank magallufxx

Reviewed 15 January 2010

the marina pax hotel is worth goin to the rooms are very clean,the food was yummmy,and the staff are very friendly and helpfull,they had a swimming pool for the kids and two large pools and where very clean.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2009

Got back from a week at this hotel. We should of been in the barracuda but got moved as that hotel shut on the Thurs. When we arrived the receptionist was very friendly and spoke very good english, Very quick check in and the room was ready even though it was 11a.m. The rooms are small but adequate as you dont spend much time in them, we had a lovely sea view on the 5th floor. The food was good, enough choice but the salad was a little repetative. All the hotel staff were very friendly and really good with the children. There was 1 bar person who never seemed to smile other than that could not fault any of the staff. Cleaners kept room very clean everyday. We would use this hotel again but the entertainer announced that, from next year it is being taken over by the french, so all english will be in the barracuda, which is a shame as we will miss out on those beautiful sea views.

2  Thank lindarSouthport
Reviewed 26 October 2009

I have just returned from this Hotel after a little weekend away. We stayed for 3 days & I could not complain about the Hotel.

Once we arrived at the correct Hotel we were met by a friendly Receptionist & given our Room Key. The room was quite small but it was ideal for us & we had a fantastic Sea View. As you don't really spent too much time in the room I honestly could not complain about it.

The food in the Hotel was nice, again I would say that it catered for everyone. The Restaurant Staff were always making sure there was plenty of Food out & they were constantly bringing Fresh out.

The drinks were also fine. I would say the only thing I could complain about was there was a lot of flies everywhere, they did tend to get on your nerves a bit after a while.

The weather was fab considering the time of year it was & the Hotels location was pretty central for everything. I would recommend this Hotel to others & I would stay there again.

1  Thank Pez1980
Reviewed 22 October 2009

i have just returned yesterday from pax, myself and my 4 children i have never ever been treated with such a lack of respect and bad manners ever,we checked in and were allocated 1 room for myself and young children in pax and my other 2 children were allocated the barracuda not ideal in the first place, but later that evening when my son tried to visit me in my room he was told we could not enter each others rooms and if we did security would be called to remove us,
on complaining i was told it was there hotel there country and there rules
tried to complain to the management who backed up the man on reception FRANCOIS and agreed with him we were the throughout the whole holiday followed around the hotel with staff phoning each other to check we were not trinh to enter my childrens rooms or trying to eat a meal together
ruined our whole holiday first and last time to spain
never again !!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank nina91
Reviewed 19 October 2009

We checked into the hotel for a two week holiday and found the staff to be very friendly and helpfull. We had booked a double room but was given a twin room on checking in. We asked the receptionist if there was a double available and she kept giving us keys so we could choose which room we liked best.
The hotel is very basic, not a lot of cupboard space for hanging cloths up but we managed. The food was very good and always a great choice. Quality of the all inclusive drinks was a bit of a disappointment but then that's all inclusive for you!
Only a short walk to the beach, and a little further to the many bars and restaurants of Magaluf and Palma Nova.
There was lots of children's activites throughout the day run by the entertainment team and in the evenings they would either put on some show in the bar area or bring in outside entertainers such as magicians, hypnotists etc.
Overall the hotel was good and I enjoyed my two week stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2009

stayed at marina pax for 1 week food was fab if anyone moans about this they are very very fussy, the choice was unbeleivable. the rooms were basic but to be honest you are only there to sleep in, it the bathroom was big. We had a lovely view over the sea at no extra cost. It was lovely getting up in the morning and seeing the sunrise over the sea. the only downside was the entertainmentit was so so. The entertainers were very good with the kids. We had a 8 o clock pick up in the morning so we asked if we could get breakfast and that was no problem but it would be a cold one, we went down at 7.15am and got 2 slices of bread which we could toast plus slice cold ham and cheese a bun,yougart and 3 little biscuits and we got to help ourselves to coffee. So we had a fab week would recomed definatley.

1  Thank kaymarkruz