Myself and 6 other girls are just back about 3 weeks ago from Magaluf. It was the best holiday ever and I would seriously recommend the place to anyone. Sotavento Apartments lived up to it's very high ratings on Trip Advisor, we were not disappointed. The rooms were clean when we arrived and towels were supplied, however we were warned not to get make-up on them or it would cost you. However one of the girls did manage to do this and the maid came the next day and took the towel without saying a word.
The rooms are very modern and stylish. We had two rooms for the 6 of us. 2 bunkbeds and two sofa beds in the kitchen area. The only downfall to our room was that there was one bathroom between six of us & with six girls all showering and washing their hair after a day at the pool it was quite the task to get us all ready and out for dinner and to hit the strip. I would have loved even just a separate bathroom with a toilet, sink and mirror which would have meant more space for the six of us to get ready. Apart from that the bathroom wasn't of a bad size and we did cope.
The kitchen area of the apartment was not what we expected at all. It was quite disappointing. There was two hobs, a fridge which we didn't have to pay for which is surprising apparently in Magaluf, a toaster and a kettle. All the equipment and utensils were clean. However a microwave would be a great asset to the kitchen area. We were surprised when there wasn't one to be seen.
The staff at the hotel were always very polite and helpful. The hotel are quite strict on noise and guests from other hotels visiting you're room. However I didn't feel this was a bad thing because if you have been to Magaluf you will know that you need your sleep after a night out or you will not cope. It was nice sometimes to have a blast and be as loud as you want on the strip and then to come home and get straight into bed without any noise. Just beware if Angel and the security guard shine their torch up to your balcony..there watching you!
I also personally loved the DJ at the pool everyday from 12pm till late. A lot of people we met on the strip who were staying at other hotels mentioned that they didn't have a DJ at their pool. When we told them where we were staying they were jealous that our pool during the daytime was 'pumpin'. Music was great and recent. It certainly helped you get rid of that nasty hangover and get ready for the night ahead on the strip.
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Sotavento and myself and the girls are planning on coming back in the summer of 2014. If I could describe Sotavento in three words it would be clean, stylish and a blast. STAY HERE! You won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sotavento Apartments is in the perfect location to take advantage of everything Magaluf has to offer. Its minimalist style, modern facilities and tasteful Hed-Kandi esque decor help to create a special atmosphere to chill out and relax.These stylish, elegant and up market apartments are situated at the top of the hill, just minutes from the beach, and Magaluf’s famous “Strip” which has numerous bars, restaurants and nightclubs and all just a few minutes’ walk from the apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sotavento Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sotavento Apartments Hotel Magalluf
- Apartamentos Sotavento Magalluf
- Apartamentos Sotavento Hotel Magalluf
- Sotavento Apartments Magaluf, Majorca