“Super impressed with this hotel!”

Sotavento Apartments
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Magaluf
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Myself and 6 other girls are just back about 3 weeks ago from Magaluf. It was the best holiday ever and I would seriously recommend the place to anyone. Sotavento Apartments lived up to it's very high ratings on Trip Advisor, we were not disappointed. The rooms were clean when we arrived and towels were supplied, however we were warned not to get make-up on them or it would cost you. However one of the girls did manage to do this and the maid came the next day and took the towel without saying a word.

The rooms are very modern and stylish. We had two rooms for the 6 of us. 2 bunkbeds and two sofa beds in the kitchen area. The only downfall to our room was that there was one bathroom between six of us & with six girls all showering and washing their hair after a day at the pool it was quite the task to get us all ready and out for dinner and to hit the strip. I would have loved even just a separate bathroom with a toilet, sink and mirror which would have meant more space for the six of us to get ready. Apart from that the bathroom wasn't of a bad size and we did cope.

The kitchen area of the apartment was not what we expected at all. It was quite disappointing. There was two hobs, a fridge which we didn't have to pay for which is surprising apparently in Magaluf, a toaster and a kettle. All the equipment and utensils were clean. However a microwave would be a great asset to the kitchen area. We were surprised when there wasn't one to be seen.

The staff at the hotel were always very polite and helpful. The hotel are quite strict on noise and guests from other hotels visiting you're room. However I didn't feel this was a bad thing because if you have been to Magaluf you will know that you need your sleep after a night out or you will not cope. It was nice sometimes to have a blast and be as loud as you want on the strip and then to come home and get straight into bed without any noise. Just beware if Angel and the security guard shine their torch up to your balcony..there watching you!

I also personally loved the DJ at the pool everyday from 12pm till late. A lot of people we met on the strip who were staying at other hotels mentioned that they didn't have a DJ at their pool. When we told them where we were staying they were jealous that our pool during the daytime was 'pumpin'. Music was great and recent. It certainly helped you get rid of that nasty hangover and get ready for the night ahead on the strip.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Sotavento and myself and the girls are planning on coming back in the summer of 2014. If I could describe Sotavento in three words it would be clean, stylish and a blast. STAY HERE! You won't be disappointed.

G

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Peter D, Director of Sales at Sotavento Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Hi Gemma,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us, we really do appreciate you sharing your thoughts about Sotavento with other potential guests.

I am so pleased that you and your friends had an amazing holiday with us.

The warning we give at reception about make up and paint etc on the towels is due to a lot of guests going to paint parties in Magaluf then returning to their apartment and using the towels to wipe of all the paint from their bodies etc, this paint will then not come off the towels and we then need to replace and make a charge to the guests. Every day use and make marks etc are understandable so not a problem.

We are actually looking at trialling the use of Microwaves in some of the apartments for next summer so thank you for your feedback on this topic.

We do try to control the noise in the hotel after midnight, this is to ensure that any guests wanting to sleep can do so and I am pleased you and your party understood this.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the "Sotavento difference" and the our service and the experience during your stay lived up to our reputation on Tripadvisor and in Magaluf.

I hope we do see you back with us next summer, if you do come back please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will ensure we get you the best deal available.

Thanks again for leaving such a great review.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Recently stayed at Sotavento for three nights / 4 days for a girls weekend away, the hotel was clean, rooms where big, food was great and both food and drink were reasonably prices. Out of everything the staff made my stay here, always on hand if you need anything. All in all I had a great weekend and left with more friends than i went with. Without a doubt I will be staying here again on returning to Magaluf.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Peter D, Director of Sales at Sotavento Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Hi Alison,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us, we really appreciate the feedback.

I am so pleased that you had a fantastic stay with us and that our team made you feel really welcome at Sotavento. We spend a lot of time in recruiting the best people available to ensure that our guests have the best possible experience during their stay and I am really pleased that you noticed the "Sotavento difference" I have passed on all your comments to the team - thank you.

I hope we do get to see you back at Sotavento next summer, if you do want to come back, please dont hesitate to contact me directly and I will ensure we get you the best deail available.

Thanks again for leaving a review.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed at Sotavento mid September 2013 for a hen party and had a fantastic time.

The hotel itself is exactly as it appears in the pictures - modern, funky, and very clean. The rooms are also quite spacious and nothing less than you would want or need. It has a great atmosphere about the place with a DJ at the pool everyday, so perfect for group holidays etc. The hotel staff were also very friendly and helpful. Another plus was the security at the hotel - upon arrival we were given wrist bands to wear for the duration of our stay (which was a bit of a pain, although most hotels seem to be doing that now!) They were checked by a security guard when you land back at night/morning! They are also quite strict about noise levels during certain hours which they do police - it seems that the hotel backs on to a residential area so is understandable.

Sotavento is in a great location, just a few minutes walk from the beach/bars/restaurants etc and at the same time, you're not in the thick of the main strip. One down side which is that it is situated at the top of a hill.. plus side, you'll probably lose a few pounds hiking up it every day!!

Overall, we had a fab time at this hotel, and would definitely return and recommend it to anyone staying in Magaluf.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Peter D, Director of Sales at Sotavento Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Hi Sarah,

I am glad that you and your "hens" had such a great stay with us, as an adults only hotel we feel we really are a great choice for hen and stag parties. Thank you for the kind words about our team, its always good to know you when you have done a good job and I have passed your comments onto all the team.

We hope that you do come back to see us again some time soon, maybe a reunion next year :-)

If you do want to come back, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will make sure we get you the best deal available.

Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Just got back from 4 days in maga for a hen party..Couldn't have had a better time or stayed in a better hotel. The dj at the pool everyday was brill and the bar staff are so friendly and fun you can't not have a good time. Hotel spotless and security is fantastic. Special mention to Enrique on reception, couldn't do enough for us all, his customer service skills are the best I have ever seen. We all had a ball..from the 12 northern Irish hens..we will be back!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Peter D, Director of Sales at Sotavento Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Hi,

Thank you for the review of your stay with us, I am glad that you and your hens had a fantastic 4 days and that Sotavento help to make your hen party so memorable.

I have passed your comments onto all the team, including the DJ and Enrique who remembers you all very well :-) Thank you for your kind words about the service we offer.

When you do want to come back, pelase do not hesitate to contacxt me directly and I will make sure we get you the best deal available.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review, very much appreciated.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Just arrived home after 5 unreal days at this hotel. Stayed with 7 girls and we all had a ball. Staff are amazing and hotel is gorgeous, clean and so friendly. Lewis, peter, jess, Lisa, Lloyd and hadleigh and ov course stevie the best dj ever u all made our holiday. Food was amazing and chef accommodates all ur needs, Peter ur hotel is a credit to magaluf. See u all next year, thank u all Again :)

• Stayed: September 2013

Hi Jayne,

Thank you so much for leaving such a great review at our Tripdavisor page, we really do appreciate you taking the time to share your views of Sotavento with other potential visitors.

I am so pleased that you had such a fantastic 5 days at Sotavento and I have passed your comments onto all the members of the team who all really appreciate the positive feedback - thank you.

I hope that we get to see you and the girls back with us next summer, if you do want to come back please do not hesitate to get in touch with me and I will make sure we get you the best deal available.

Thanks again for such a great review.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Kenny (50) and Janette (49) just back from a weeks holiday at the fantastic Sotavento Apartments. At the outset we thought we might be a bit to old for these apartments, far from it. There were people there of all ages and all having a great time. The real secret of the Sotavento is the brilliant staff and their attention to their guests. A big thanks to Peter, David, Lewis, Lloyd, Hadleigh, Marco and the rest of the team for a wonderful week at Magalufs no 1 venue. Hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Evan P

Hi Kenny & Janette,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us, it was lovely to meet you both at Sotavento whilst you were with here.

In early & late season May, June and then September/October our age range is very varied and we make sure that tailor our entertainment to the guest we have staying during these times. I am pleased that you both felt completely comfortable in the hotel and so pleased that you got to enjoy the "Sotavento difference"

Thank you for the kind words about the team, I have passed on your comments to everyone here at Sotavento and they are very appreciative of the positive feedback - thank you again!

I hope that we do get to see you and Janette back with us some time next summer, if you do want to come back please don´t hesitate to contact me directly and I will make sure we get you the very best deal available.

Thanks again for such a positive review,

All the best.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stayed here for 4 days. Apartment clean and spacious, hotel pool area very nice, all hotel facilities excellent. Supermarket well stocked. Poolside Dj was really good too. Reception staff very helpful. All in all we had a fab time here, will definitely come back.

Hi Claire,

Thank you for the revew of your stay with us at Sotavento, I am really pleased that you had a great holiday with us and even better news that you are going to come back sometime to stay with us again.

When you do want to come back please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will ensure that we get you the best deal available.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review - very much appreciated.