“Absolute best weekend of my life :-)”

Sotavento Apartments
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Magaluf
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Absolute best weekend of my life :-)”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Just a quick thank you to Peter and Marco who made my booking and checking in so quick, efficient and seamless. The apartments are so modern, chic and it has everything you need. Massive shout out to Stuart the local pool DJ who really did make my stag so much fun at the pool apart from the shots of absinthe! The atmosphere around the apartments is amazing, with everyone up for a good time and a real good laugh. Cannot recommend how class this place is and my first experience in Magaluf is one i'll never forget. I am so glad that I chose our group to stay here and this is easily by far the number one spot to stay in Mallorca. The food is top notch especially the Sunday Roast and you couldn't ask for nicer staff. Thanks again to all the staff who made my stay one I'll never forget, missing it so much right now writing this review all the way from cloudy N.Ireland :-( Murdock

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Come to this hotel twice a year and when I thought it couldn't get any better then do the front up and it's even better. the staff are unreal, Tilly and Enrique are both especially amazing!! I've been home less then 24 hours and already can't wait to book the second trip of the year.
The hill isn't as bad as people say, after a few trips up it you'll soon be used to it!

I definitely recommend this hotel!! I generally wouldn't stay anywhere other than here when coming to magaluf. can't wait to be back in a few months!

Room Tip: Always pay for pool view - trust me you won't regret it!
2 Thank K X
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've just returned from a 6 night hen party with a group of 5 of us.
We found the hotel really nice, well deserving of its "best place to stay" title. All the staff were lovely, and really got to know us during our stay, an anything we needed they helped us with. We were told the wrong information about things a couple of times, but I think it was just crossed wires and confusion.
The food was lovely- we were half board so had breakfast and evening meal every day, and they can also make you something thats not on the menu if you ask for it. We did think the drinks were quite expensive though.
As for Magaluf itslef, its perfect if all you want to do is drink all day and all night, because there are people constantly outside every bar/ on every street hassling you to go into their bar/ buy a boat party/ bar crawl ticket, and they wouldn't take no for an answer, and they follow you up the street until you say yes, we found ourselves going a different way the last couple of days so that we could avoid them.
The place was full of hen and stag dos, and if you're the hen/stag there are loads of deals for you- most bars give the hen/stag free drinks all night-we had to carry our friend back up the hill after having this!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quiter as you can't hear the music from the pool or the strip...
1 Thank Fionas1987
J1988
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've just returned from staying at Sotavento apartments with a 34 strong hen party.
On arrival we were so impressed with how the apartments look, the reception lobby is decorated in a gorgeous modern style and the pool area was immaculate.
Check in was very slow.... but in the reception staffs defence having 35 excited women to deal with isn't the easiest of jobs. The whole process of taking everyone's passports, having us fill in a card each with all our details and then a lecture about jumping in the pool, making noise damaging rooms etc was slow and tedious but again I can completely see why this is needed.
We were allowed into all of our rooms except one that wasn't ready yet but again, this was well before we were supposed to check in so we were really grateful about that. The rooms themselves are clean, modern and spacious. I've stayed at Majorca rocks before and in comparison Sotavento is luxury and for only 51 euros for 3 nights!! The only fault with the rooms was the amount of towels, we had 4 towels between 5 girls in a room- complete nightmare as you can well imagine- but again, I asked at reception and they were happy to give me another towel.
The food was top notch, we had breakfast and lunch there every day, fresh, tasty and well priced.
The hotel just generally had an amazing feel about it, the banter was always flowing between different guests, dj was cracking and Lewis at the bar is lovely- nothing was too much trouble for him and more importantly he is easy on the eye! haha.
we will 100% be back next year and hopefully for longer... keep up the good work guys!

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was recently part of a male group and have to say we had a great time, the pool area was excellent, clean and the gym also had enough equipment for anybody who wants to go for a bit of exercise.

I found the atmosphere to be really positive, the staff were brilliant. In particular Amy behind the pool bar, she sorted us out and was good craic! Give her a pay rise ;)

The location was OK, it wasn't the best but in Magaluf it's not like you have a long walk to get to anywhere. The negative of this hotel is 100% the scum bags who have took the top of the hill - my advice is just to not speak to anyone you don't know on that hill. They make out they are friends with you, but are only trying to pick pocket you. I had my phone & wallet took by a skinny lad who sprinted off up the hill and took a left at the top down a dark road - no real chance of getting it back.

That said - I wouldn't want anyone to be put off by it, I had a GREAT time staying here, just take out the cash you need for the night and if you must take your phone take a cheaper one or wear zip pockets - just whatever precaution.

I'd say to anyone staying you're in for a good time :-)

1 Thank Davidallen87
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I haven't recently got home from staying at this hotel for a week on a stag holiday.

The hotel is clean and the majority of the staff are great and more than happy to help. One male member of staff I found to get slightly irritated at other males, however I understand the main reason he was in magaluf was not to pull pints.

The hotel is clean and in a brilliant place with good food and drinks available.

The downside is the location has one road leading to it, which unfortunately is heaving with Nigerian prostitutes. They are extremely rude, dangerous, threatening and made several racist comments towards English people. Unfortunately one of my friends was robbed on the last evening of his phone and wallet after being approached by a male and forcibly "hugged" by him.

Lads - hold your phone and wallet walking past these people and keep your distance.

Great hotel though and found manager extremely pleasent although frustrated at his inability to prevent further instances of crime.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Greg F
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

2nd time at Sotavento & still love it! staff are amazing & so friendly they remembered us from last year. Love the pool parties and the music by the pool is fab - so chilled out ! Cant wait to go back again next year!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magaluf
Hotel Samos
Sol Beach House Mallorca
Sol Beach House Mallorca
#4 of 39 in Palmanova
Sol Katmandu Park & Resort

Been to Sotavento Apartments? Share your experiences!