This is the 3rd time we have stayed in these apartments and by far the best experience. All of the staff we came into contact with were great, very friendly and happy to spare the time to talk, even when we came in worse for wear after 6.00 a.m. The cleaning team were great, not intrusive and kept everything very clean. We were advised that a refurbishment programme is under way but is gradual, on a room by room basis, rather than closing the whole place down. We were in a refurbished room. We visit Magalluf every year, at least once and have stayed in many apartments. Nowhere before has ever provided a microwave and a flat screen TV. The TV is free, you need only pay a 10 euro deposit for the remote, which you obviously get back when returned. The usual is also available, i.e. kettle, toaster, fridge although I am aware that in some other places they charge a hire fee for these. Don't let the low star rating put you off these apartments. They are spacious, well maintained and in an excellent position. The bedroom and lounge (which has sofa beds) have electric fans, not the usual ceiling fan which never provides enough air but mega blast electric oscillating fans, controlled by you, which were great for cooling down and again are free, not an additional charge. The pool is smallish, but had ample sun loungers around it and there is an additional sunbathing only terrace, just above, if you want to get away from the pool. We prefer the beach, but the pool area was kept really clean and just so you know the beach is charging 13.50 euros for 2 beds and a parasol. By the end of the week we felt we'd bought them twice over but couldn't fit them in the case to bring home for another year! The beach is a short stroll away, which was great for us. There are bars all around, but you don't pick up any real noise from them. If you want to head to BCM its just up the street, with Panama Jacks opposite and Mano's is just around the corner. The hill/strip is a little further to walk but not too far. If you are going to Mallorca Rocks its' on the next block up so you can stay here and buy your tickets for the bands/acts from any local seller and you're again very close by. I've stayed at the Rocks and its' not all that its' cracked up to be. The apartments don't have their own bar or restaurant but there is a bar level with Reception and there is a cafe at ground/pool level which we've used before and on this occasion. Plenty of choice at good prices. I think I saw internet linked machines in the Reception area, for logging on and there is seating, vending machines and there is a luggage room for anyone on a late flight. I made my booking direct with the Sol y Vera, via the net paying a deposit to secure the booking and paid the remainer when I arrived, with no problems at all. We also paid for a security box which was 20 euros for the week and we got 7 euro's back as a deposit on the key. Less than I paid last year with Thomson. Surrounding the apartments you have the hotel Sol Guadalope, the Fiesta Sahara (Thomson). There is a square/courtyard outside with a supermarket (the only one I've seen with a fresh butchery counter) and there is a Spar underneath the apartments and another next to the Sahara. There is also Jokers Bar in the courtyard as well as a gym, beauty salon and hairdressers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol y Vera Apartments are 100 m from Magalluf Beach, Mallorca. They feature free WiFi and an outdoor pool with sun terrace. All rooms have air conditioning and private terraces, some with sea views. Each apartment has a fan, safe, flat-screen TV and a private bathroom. There are 2 sofa beds in the living room, and the kitchenette comes with a microwave, fridge, kettle and coffee maker. Sol y Vera Apartments has a restaurant and a bar. There are many shops, bars and restaurants within a short walk. There is a 24-hour front desk. Luggage storage is also offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol y Vera Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol y Vera Magalluf
- Sol y Vera Hotel Magalluf
- Sol y Vera Apartments Magaluf, Majorca