“Cant beat the view..”

Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Magaluf
Randers
“Cant beat the view..”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We had a wonderful stay here, and can defintly recommend this to others. There is a lot of noise when you leave the hotel on the street, but nothing when you enter it. You can take the elevator directly to the beach, superb thing to make !! we had a fantastic view over the see and to the promenade of Magaluf. The food at the buffet is really good, more than we expected. Overall a hotel we can recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KimKvist
Subdirecion C, Asistente dirección at Bahia Principe Coral Playa, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for publishing a review about Bahia Principe Coral Playa hotel recommending it to other travellers.

It is a great honour for all the Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts Team to have so faithful guests like you that love the hotel and his views to Mediterranean Sea.

Hoping to welcome you again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Mallorca.

Lidia Rincón
Bahia Principe Coral Playa.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I didn't have any problem in this hotel. The personal is the best! They are all so kind people, and if you have any problem they will resolve it! Animation was also excellent, my dother loves the animators! I will go next Sumer where one of The animator, named Pedro will be working! We are very happy and we enjoyed our holidays!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Woronowic
Subdirecion C, Asistente dirección at Bahia Principe Coral Playa, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing your great experience in Bahia Principe Coral Playa with all Tripadvisor users.
We have sent their congratulations to our staff and especially the animation team, which makes an effort daily so that all customers have fun and take unforgettable memories of your holiday in Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.
Looking forward to welcoming you again,
Moita, Setubal, Portugal
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I had a week at the Bahia Principe Coral Playa very relaxed, staff was very friendly and welcoming ... I was on the 11th floor with no noise, pool is not very big but good lift to the beach very good for those who do not want to walk. for me was very good! Thank you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Henrique L
Subdirecion C, Asistente dirección at Bahia Principe Coral Playa, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Henrique:
Thanks a lot for posting on TripAdvisor a review about your fantastic holiday at Bahia Principe Coral Playa hotel.
We are very glad to hear that you had a brilliant time. We have passed your kind words to all our Staff. They will surely encourage them to keep on working to achieve the best satisfaction of our guests.
We would like to welcome you again in Bahia Principe Hotels and Resorts.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We returned from this Hotel yesterday completely exhausted despite being moved to another room 3 floors up after our complaint. We won this trip with Monarch through our local radio station and we are just so glad we hadn't had to pay for this experience. We decided to get married on July 13th and use this holiday as our honeymoon. We arrived and, on the face of it, this hotel stands out from the rest although it is bang opposite the Oceania and anybody who has been to Magaluf will know what sort of a hotel this is!!! Bearing in mind we only arrived Monday 15th July, by Thurs my now husband wanted to come home. Our room was close to the lift which covers 12 floors and every night without fail there was arguing and fighting and swearing. So instead of doing what you do when just married, we spent our time listening to obscenities night after night. I would point out that in the Friday, I wrote a letter to the manager who was most apologetic and asked if we would like to move rooms, which we duly accepted. However, one noise was replaced by another! Our new Spanish neighbour must have been stone deaf as he shouted when he spoke and had his TV on VERY LOUD. Again at night, parents allowed their children to run up and down the corridor shouting and screaming and please bear in mind while all this was going on, outside on the sea front every hour or so a boat full of drunken 18-30's came in playing loud music as it's passengers cheered.. I have heard less chanting and cheering at a football match. This went on until 10pm each and every night until the real disturbances began.

"Each bright, air-conditioned room at Bahía Principe Coral Playa has free Wi-Fi, a minibar and a flat-screen TV with satellite channels" NO AIR CONDITIONING, A MINI BAR IF YOU PAY AND DEFINATELY NO FREE WI-FI. There is a vent in the room which is useless in temperatures of 30+ degrees. Also watch out for the used condoms on the fore court and surrounding areas!!

Food ok if you like fish stew, fish pie, fish goulash, fish fingers etc. and by the look on the faces of some of the restaurant staff (not all) you would think they were doing community service! Despite the dress code being clearly displayed at the door of the restaurant, I thought I was at a strip show some days. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Keep away from the rooms ending in 07 as they are closest to the lifts!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MangeS1966
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback of your current holiday in Bahía Príncipe Coral Playa.

We are very sorry if your stay in our hotel has not been as satisfactory as you expected.

I would like to inform you that our hotel policy is always to find a solution to all the problems as soon as possible. The Management and all the staff always try to give a high level of service to our guests and we apologize if we have not achieved it with you.

On the other side, we are happy to know that you are satisfied with the cleanliness of our rooms.

Hoping you will give us one more chance to welcome you at Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I had a two week stay in this hotel and was very disappointed.
Very large hotel and very little sun loungers which where taken up before 8am, also pool is very small.

The food was cold as soon as the restaurant opened with no facilities to reheat. It was the same food everyday either fish, pizza or burgers! and spent nearly all spending money eating out when was all inclusive!!!

I did make a complain to the hotel manager about these problems whilst over there but nothing more was done.

Stayed in this hotel for two weeks and bedding was changed once!

Though most of the staff here are very friendly and couldn't fault the amazing sea views.

Also, would recommend anybody staying at this hotel to pack sensible shoes as this hotel is at the top of "cardiac hill". Also, it can be quite intimidating on a night with the prostitutes that sit all around the wall of the hotel and would recommend that any young lads do not get left behind and to not walk past them by thereselves because they will get attacked by these people as I saw it several times myself!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Subdirecion C, Asistente dirección at Bahia Principe Coral Playa, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your time in writing about Bahia Principe Coral Playa hotel.
We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed our beautiful view to the Mediterranean Sea. Also, we appreciate your comments about our friendly staff.
On the other side, we would like to apologize for those other aspects where we have not met your expectations.
Kind regards,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

All I can say is if you do not want to end up in an 18-30 nightmare, don't book! I was there for 5 days and did not get any sleep at all. I was on a corridor with a group of young men in every other room. The noise, bad langauge, loud sex and general disregard for anyone else was at a level I never, ever want to experience again. They were on a final warning because one of the party, and they weren't the only party of loud and obnoxious young people, had urinated up against the glass entrance into reception in full view of other people. However, even after complaining about their behaviour their 'final warning' came to nothing. The hotel management did not manage any of the dire behaviour at all.

Evening entertainment was poor, the bar closed at 11.30 p.m. and as a solo traveller my only option was to sit in my room listening to either a party in the next room or people having sex. The one small bar at the poolside was under staffed and there were often large queues, snacks were uninspiring and the sandwiches had hard and curled bread. The staff never smiled or interacted, some were just plain rude.

The food in the restaurant was fine, staff were pleasant, however people sitting with vests and shorts at dinner is not 4 star quality.

Too few sunbeds and people putting towls on them and not being there all day was another problem. I spent most of the last two day on my balconly with the view of male and female underwear, toiletroll and various other things on the roof of the restaurant which I looked out on to. One morning there was a pair of boxer short hanging over the railing of my balcony. The residents of the other rooms where using the roof to go from room to room also.

I have never been so glad to leave a place, and when I got picked up at 3.50 a.m. recepetion was busy with groups of young men returning one of whome was completed naked, not trying to cover himself either.

I have lodged an official complaint with the travel agent who booked me on this holiday. It was a complete and utter waste of money. The clientele was not 'couples and families' as advertised, it was full of groups of young people on the rampage.

Room Tip: No advice here I just wouldn't book the hotel ata ll
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Margaret D
Subdirecion C, Asistente dirección at Bahia Principe Coral Playa, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Margaret:

Thank you for the feedback of your recent holidays to Bahia Principe Coral Playa hotel.

We would like to apologize for those aspects that have not totally satisfied you. We will take them into consideration, as your opinion is really helpful for us to improve.

We want to note that all your comments have been forwarded to our General Manager for review.

Best regards,

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels in Mallorca.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

My partner and I stayed here august 2012 I would disagree with some of the reviews on here.
We had a fabulous stay; rooms were clean & cleaned everyday, food was good, sometimes a bit random (strange fish on pizza) but there is loads to chose from. The lifts were a little slow, so found ourselves walking down the stairs, but I wouldn't let that ruin your holiday, just something else to add to the list of moans. The beach is literally a walk down the stairs, and the bars are 5 minutes away. The only bad fault that I can think of is returning back after 12am from the bars, walking the road way up the massive steep hill when half cut is never what you need. Great holiday all in all! & may I suggest if you are going with Thomas cook, the booze cruise is highly recommended! The animation "team" was just one guy when we were there, but worked extremely hard through-out our whole stay :)

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Kaattiiee141
Subdirecion C, Asistente dirección at Bahia Principe Coral Playa, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear client:

Thank you for recommending the Bahia Principe Coral Playa hotel to all the Tripadvisor users.

We are delighted to read that you keep lovely memories of your holidays.

We would like to see you again in any of the Bahia Principe hotels in Mallorca, Tenerife, Mexico, Dominican Republic or Jamaica.

Lidia Rincón.
Bahia Principe Coral Playa.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magaluf
Sol Wave House Hotel
Flamboyan Caribe
Flamboyan Caribe
#18 of 28 in Magaluf
Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites

Been to Bahia Principe Coral Playa? Share your experiences!