Having visited Magaluf in excess of 15 years ago for a lad’s holiday, I was both curious and a tad pre-judgemental as to what to expect when being invited back for a stag weekend and staying in the HM Martinique. I have to say however, that I was pleasantly surprised.
The hotel was full of stag and hen parties which created an energetic buzz around the place. This would not be the hotel to come to for a family or couples holiday. The small, orange all inclusive shack (which resembled a large bottle re-cycling bin) at first glance seemed disappointing however, it fulfilled its purpose. Cold San Miguel on tap, rum, vodka, whiskey mixers and soft drinks were available throughout the day and night.
The buffet restaurant had a decent array of dishes and whilst not being at all close to a la carte cuisine, was tasty and without fault, even if one night the pizza was burnt. The rooms were clean, tidy and basic, with the bathrooms noticeably sanitary and balconies reasonably spacious although dependant on your room number, your view may vary dramatically. The location of the hotel is 10-15 minutes’ walk from the main strip and bonkers nightlife, with an abundance of taxis available, zipping around the streets like an army of busy bees.
I would imagine that a number of girls/lads weekends away could be thoroughly ruined by disappointing and sub-standard accommodation miles away from civilization. However, the HM Martinique does exactly what is required in order to ensure that cohorts of young revellers (considerably younger than me) would enjoy a week of madness in Magaluf in comfortable enough surroundings.
It is worth noting as a side point (which has nothing to do with the hotel) that, as someone who is slightly fussy regarding food and drink, a number of reps told our group that the vodka in most of the bars is some kind of “vodka substitute” and they “avoid it”. Gut rot is more tolerable when you are 18 so it may not be a major issue (or naivety on my part) but two of our hardened vodka drinkers complained of exceptionally bad hangovers when spending a night on the stuff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HM Martinique is a popular All Inclusive aparthotel in the vibrant resort of Magaluf. Situated in an excellent location just minutes from the fabulous Magaluf beach and very close to all the exciting attractions that Magalluf has to offer! An ideal choice for an unforgettable holiday in Mallorca. At the hotel HM Martinique, we offer a wide range of services and activities which means that you can spend the day by the pool, swimming, sunbathing and taking part in as little or as many of the activities as you wish, and when you get thirsty why not enjoy a cool drink from our pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Mirai, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, HostelWorld, Onthebeach, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your HM Martinique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hm Martinique Magalluf
- Hm Martinique Hotel Magalluf
- Martinique Magaluf
- HM Martinique Magaluf, Majorca