“Takes me back” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Magaluf
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
“Takes me back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have to say this is not my usual holiday destination. I was invited on a hen weekender by my niece and went along for the ride. The apartment was a nice surprise, good kitchen and sink area. Big room with lots of floorspace and room to put our clothes. Slept well when we were there! Haven't had so many nights out in years! The girls had planned it all down to the colour of the balloons. Have learnt all the new dance moves. I'm a new convert to Magaluf.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Charlotte H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Polish first
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I had never been to Majorca but suddenly came twice in two months! First holiday was partner and my daughter and the second one here with a group of friends to celebrate a hen party. The accommodation is very nice and large and staff do a good job cleaning and the apartment we had on the fourth floor was facing the pool and we couldn't ask for more. The only thing I didn't like was some of the lads that go a bit over the top with the drinking which then makes them a bit rowdy. Otherwise a great holiday here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for a week in June with 3 friends, had no problems at all with the room - very clean although cooking facilities are extremely limited as there is no oven. Wifi was overpriced and slow, not worth any money considering the lovely staff at Willie's Bar up the road let you use their wifi for free. With the exception of 2 female receptionists, the staff were absolutely horrible. They were both unhelpful and rude. Being harassed by the security guard became part of the night routine, demanding to see identification - the HM Martinique was no Mallorca Rocks, don't know why he thought people would be trying to sneak in. The male receptionist had his moments but constantly acted like he had somewhere better to be and would rather not help those who don't speak Spanish. Although €100 a night is the average around there, the treatment you receive leaves you feeling extremely hard done by. Also the security guard in the black tshirt has the habit of throwing people out if you spend more than 2 minutes standing on a corridor. Will not be staying here again. What a pity such a nice building is ruined by its staff.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Conor K

Travellers are raving about these Magaluf hotels

Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel is simply unbearable, the staff are completely and utterly atrocious in particular the reciptionists. I planed on staying in HM Martinique for one week but left after three days of hell. It is a dangerous hotel, I was left stuck in the lift for 3 hours and 42 minutes before and english person came to my rescue.
My room was filthy and when complained to reception they asked what they were supposed to do about it. You are not going to be able to sleep with the noise levels, absoloute disgrace.
I would strongley urge you not to stay in the hm martinique in magaluf. It needs to be shut down.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank M-Siobhan
West Midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had no real expectations for this hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised! It had a great atmosphere and was only a 5 minute walk away from the beach and less than 10 minute walk away from the strip and BCM Square. I would definitely say it's more suited to young groups rather than families as it can be noisy, but that's all part of the holiday experience. The pool is a nice size and the hotel is kept clean. If you're going self catering I'd recommend Tom Browns (with free wifi!) which is a really nice place to eat looking onto the beach, which is really close to the hotel and the staff there are lovely! (From Chippy and Crew). All in all I'd definitely tell people to stay at The HM Martinique Apartments as it's good value and is in a brilliant location.

• Stayed June 2014
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my three other friends are all 18 and we were all looking forward to coming to this hotel. We found the food was very bland and didn't fill us up very much. You get water and juice (sometimes) provided by your meal. When you arrive at the apartment do not buy the internet. It cost my friends 30 euros each for 5 days and it didn't even work and they were too scared to go down to reception as they already went down to complain around three times. Instead, go to The Local British Bar! The people who work there are very friendly and the connection is good enough for a perfect face time connection. The security guard was a strange one. We called him Pedro. He never smiled once. Our safe wasn't working and we went down and told the reception because we were scared, now we wish we never because Pedro was there. We were so suspicious of them all so we put cellotape over our front door so we could tell if anyone had tried to enter. This is clearly not the way we should be feeling in their apartments. The strip is a good walk away. Around 20 minutes. The PR's are very annoying and physically grab onto you, my opinion on what you should say is you are heading to bcm but you should take any leaflets they hand you because they can get nasty. I wouldn't recommend any piercings as i got my belly button done and it soon later ripped out of me during water sports and i never even felt it coming out of me. Meaning the piercing was not fitted properly, what do you expect from 15 euros. Stay away from the prostitutes, i was 17 years old when i went in June and i had seen a mugging which was horrible. If you want to make a phone call to the UK go to the internet room directly across from the apartments as it is a lot cheaper, i remember being about 1 euro 20 for 2 minutes. The apartments are crazy and if you go out on your balcony in your towel or your bikini or underwear all of the boys wolf whistle at you so be aware of that. HM Martinique is a money making hotel and the only time where we found they were nice to us was when we were checking out. A week is long enough in Magaluf if you do it right. For a girl i would recommend you take around 600-700 euros. I took 400 and i managed to do everything i wanted to do but ran out of money on the 5th day of the 7 days. Would highly recommend the Pirate Show. My favourite part of the holiday. Mainly because it is in walking distance from the apartment aswell. Also i would recommend the banana boat and crazy UFO. Boomerang was our favourite club. Overall it was a good holiday my only regrets were getting my belly done and also not taking enough spending money. You have got to do it right in Magaluf. Not sure if i will return to this apartment in the future, probably not.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Julie M
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed for a biggg seven days was as follows
Do s
Big room space to be yourself
chat with people at the hotel we spent more time in someone else s room
chill around the pool and bar it s the best place to meet
go to as many clubs as you can
get wassssssted
get on the beach before one
Dont s
forget you have a toaster mint
get a tattoo
go with friends
be yourself be anyone else

Take me with a large pinch of salt......
Ace time why do holidays end......

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends