“Rooms robbed - very suspicious night porter!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of HSM Atlantic Park

HSM Atlantic Park
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Magaluf
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Rooms robbed - very suspicious night porter!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

We went on a stag do last week - two of the lads had their room robbed, and was punched in the face. I would not recommend this to anyone. Loads of people experienced the same. The hotel could not care less. We think someone on the inside was in on it. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank AdamP2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Bradford. West Yorkshire. England.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

I had written in advance requesting a room on the first or second floor, so when I arrived and was greeted by a smiling receptionist informing me they were sorry but could only offer me a room on the third floor, I was not best pleased. And although the room was spotless I didn´t like the view from the back of the hotel overlooking parched mountains and uninteresting buildings. I was lucky enough to speak with Juanjo Cerdo Gost the hotel Director who said to see him the following morning and he´d "See what he could do". True to his word I was moved to room 105 facing the swimming pool. Now I felt I could start my holiday and began by enjoying their quite magnificent Resturant. Breakfast was amazing with so many choices, whilst Lunch again had so much to offer including the Chef who would cook the "Special Of The Day" before your very eyes - you couldn´t get any hotter food. Their salad bar had an aray of choices I defy anyone to say they could have found a better selection at any hotel in Majorca. I have always believed that if you treat people correctly and meet them with a smile, a "Please may I have" and A "Thank You", the chances are you´ll get that extra service which the entire Management, Bar and Restaurant staff offer 24/7. Going All Inclusive does of course mean you could drink yourself silly, but it also means there´s gallons of fruit drinks. Their "Snack Menu" between meals is excellent with their chef preparing hot meals that are a credit to both the chef and the careful managemnt of Juanjo Cerdo Gost. If there is a downside I´d have to say I hated the Stag and Hen parties (Many English!) who would insist on coming home at 4 or 5 in the mornings, shouting lowdly and banging the bedroom doors. I know the hotel is aware of these "nutters" and whilst I was there the Hotel expelled some louts because of their behaviour. Overall though this is family hotel with two pools (a little too cold for me). Their main pool and a kiddies pool. Their entertainment staff try and get happy holiday makers to join in, but sadly this reviwer just needed to relax and watch others take part in "Shooting", "Darts", "Pool" nd other such favourites. I made some lovely friends of the staff and can´t wait to revisit this very special hotel. I´ll be talking about my visit on my radio series "Carl Gresham & Friends" heard worldwide on www.bcbradio.co.uk Mondays at 1-00pm repeated Tuesday mornings at 9-00am UK Timings! WELL DONE ALL AT THE Atlantic Park Hotel = you deserve at least a 5 star rating

Room Tip: Try an get a room overlookign the pool area. For those with a head for heights yuo might even consid...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank greshstyle
Stockport
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Had a lovely time at this hotel, great food, clean rooms, lovely pool, entertainment was a bit naff in the evenings, near enough to town for a walk out though, overall nice cheap break

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank AnnCooperuk
4409, HSM CUSTOMER SERVICE at HSM Atlantic Park, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are glad to know that you liked our hotel and that you have spent a nice time with us. However, we will inform our quality department about all your suggestions. Hope to see you again in Hoteles Saint Michel.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

My friend and I got upgraded to this hotel after our original hotel's opening was delayed. Initially we were very excited to be staying in a 4star attractive looking hotel with a nice pool. We soon realised this was not a young persons hotel after receiving our first warning letter for playing music on our balcony, we found this to be annoying, as we had initially booked a 3star young persons hotel to avoid such problems.
Likes:
Pool, Blankets, Fridge, Air con,

Dislikes:
Age group, breakfast, quite far away from the beach (for most magaluf hotels!)- 15 minute walk to beach

Room Tip: Request Pool view room not on first floor
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Becca S
4409, HSM CUSTOMER SERVICE at HSM Atlantic Park, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for you comments. We are really sorry that our hotel was not liked you have expected. We will inform our quality department about all your suggestions.

Elgin, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

I went out to Magalluf with 2 mates for a lads holiday, we were originally supposed to be booked into the Don Juan on an all-inclusive deal at it's sister hotel next door but on arrival we got upgraded to the Atlantic Park.

The reception area is quite welcoming and first thing that is apparrent in the cleanliness of the hotel, most of the staff are friendly and are multi-lingual so there isn't such an issue with the language barrier. However a couple of the bar staff despite my politeness towards them felt a little put out to serve me, but in saying that there were a few rude brits staying at the hotel so maybe I was getting tarred with the same brush.

The rooms in the hotel are large, well furnished and of a decent standard, the rooms were air-conditioned, cleaned every day and we always had fresh towels and sheets if we requested them.

There is a large pool to the rear and a paddling pool at side of the hotel, stereotypically you have to be early as the Germans would hog all the loungers. There is an array of entertainments throughout the day and the hotel reps are always looking to get you involved which was a nice touch. There is Archery, Volleyball, Waterpolo that I can think off the top of my head, so there is something for you all to enjoy. The night entertainments were a bittie naff, but again they are more family orientated and again seemed to be aimed at the French/German/Scandanavian tourists.

The restaraunt was a bit hit and miss for me, a lot of the meat served would be from the bone, there was an awful lot of pork dishes for my liking. I was a little disappointed but in all the food wasn't too bad, I just felt they could have shown a little more creation in their menu. The snack bar was good, and being all-inclusive I took advantage of it.

I had a great week here and for £260pp all inclusive that I paid you cant go far wrong. Again if you looking to take your family then this is the hotel for you as it is away from the nightlife so there is minimal interruption. If like me your going for a lads holiday and are wanting to party 24/7 then it isn't for you, I liked it as I got to go out party then come back and chill out with no disturbance. I have given the location an excellent rating as it is the best of both, its only a 6-7 min walk tops from the strip, longer if you keep getting stopped by folk trying to get you into the bars. and 5 mins tops to the beach.

I had a great week here and would definately stay again, only things that brought it down for me was the lack of variation in the menu, and the aloofness of a couple of the bar staff.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
18 Thank niallsclark
4409, CUSTOMER SERVICE at HSM Atlantic Park, responded to this review, 9 December 2011

Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

It was my first time abroad as i was petrified of flying, this holiday was definately worth conquering the fear. The room was spotless and cleaned every morning. The staff were most helpful. went all inclusive and there was a wide range of drinks. I wasn't much for the food but i am fussy anyway, it has a great range and if you are a fussy eater they have a huge english food range. The hotel was near to the main strip but far enough away to be out of the hussle and bussle. Entertainment was good, had a snake show one night, wasn't too keen on this. It is a stone throw away from the pirate show and around the corner from the water park. Me and my partner went with two other couples and they stayed in a hotel round the corner and it was shocking, so it was a relief to be staying in a hotel like HSM. I am sure we will return again in years to come. Suitable for all ages.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lealea j
Ayr, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

Good
Hotel was 5 mins away from main strip but not noisy.
Hotel was very clean.
Staff were very friendly and appreciated if you tried to learn Spanish.
Free wi-fi in reception area or 15 euros a week in your room.
Our room was large and spacious.
Tariq in snack bar was excellent and helpful, snacks were made to order so were fresh.

Bad
Bar closes at midnight and you are moved into the hotel and you cannot buy any more drinks.
Food was not always hot.
Drink was served in 1/2 pints, you could get a pint glass if you paid for the drink!
Entertainment was not up to much.
Cocktails came out of a machine and tasted alcohol free.

We were there for our wedding anniversary and I contacted the hotel before we left and upon arrival they upgraded us to a pool view room and also gave us a bottle of bubbly and large bowl of fruit, lovely touch.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mickey105
4409, CUSTOMER SERVICE at HSM Atlantic Park, responded to this review, 18 October 2011