Hotel Son Caliu Spa Oasis
Cabau Aquasol(Palmanova)
US$182
US$174
  • Restaurant
Alua Palmanova Bay(Palmanova)(Great Value!)
US$124
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Don Bigote(Palmanova)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprivate beachindoor poolpalma novaquiet arearelaxing breakminute walkbuffet breakfastmini barshort breaksea viewsteam roomstandard roombottle of champagnesun loungersbus stophotel guestslate flight
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We, a couple with no children, stayed for 7 nights at the Son Caliu, half board through Jet2Holidays. Our aim was to relax, we had no plans for excursions or sightseeing whatsoever. If you want a similar type of holiday then I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to you.
The positives of the hotel are numerous. You are given cards with which you can request towels to use at the beach, spa or pool area. The rooms are spotlessly clean, although in need of some minor maintenance in our case. We stayed in room 352, a non-renovated room overlooking the front of the hotel and while I did find that the room was of a slightly lower standard than the hotel as a whole, it wasn’t a big issue. The room was also made up before midday on every occasion.

The food was excellent, easily the best of any ‘package holiday’ hotel I have stayed in, and I have visited quite a few. For the breakfast you can have cooked items, a selection of cereals, croissants, pastries, yoghurts, virtually anything you want. I think you can even have champagne, although we stuck to orange juice. Everything was in plentiful quantity; I was never unable to find something I wanted which is a rarity for me. Being able to eat outside was also a major plus point.

I only used the outdoor pool area once because it was hard to swim when children were playing around and jumping in. Not that there were many children but the pool wasn't big enough for them to play around without disrupting my swim. I preferred to use the indoor pool, this may not suit those who simply must be outside at all times during their holiday but it was much easier to swim in there so I preferred it. We also had a back massage each, having had a few I can say that this one was of a good standard. The garden attached to the spa area is also very peaceful and quiet, a lovely place to rest and dry off after a swim.

Now for the negatives, and I use that term very loosely. They seem to have a wide variety of desserts, so much so that I regularly saw something on my way in to the restaurant that I was unable to find when I actually came to get dessert. I was never able to try a piece of the strawberry tart, although I did find a raspberry tart which was nice. The gala dinner was excellent in parts, but given that I am not one of those people who will eat anything it did not meet my needs. It consisted of 5 courses and I initially thought you got a choice but I was served everything from the menu. This lead to my partner having to eat quite a bit of my food to avoid wasting it. So it’s great for those who like lots of different food, not so great for me.

I would consider returning, but would definitely return if it became an adults only hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JenniferW86
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Hotel Son Caliu Spa Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear JenniferW86,

Many thanks for spending your time in writing such a detailed opinion about our hotel.

I am delighted to know that you have been enjoying all our facilities and services and I am especially glad to hear you liked our food.

It is our goal to improve everyday and your opinion is very important for us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next reservation for the best available rate.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2013

What a wonderful week we recently spent at Son Caliu. On arrival we were given a room with views over the gardens and water fountain. The hotel staff were first class. We were only booked in for breakfast, but what a treat to sit on the terrace and eat, looking out on the gardens. After walking through the gardens, we came upon the private cove, and every morning sat looking out on the ocean. The hotel was only ten minutes from the main part of Palma Nova, with a couple of special eateries just around the corner,which we ate evening meal at. I would like to single out Miguel for his special help, but all the staff were excellent. I yearn to return to this corner of paradise. It will not be long before we visit again.

Room Tip: Our room looking out over the garden got plenty of sun and was spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frankanddorothy
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Hotel Son Caliu Spa Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with the services provided by our staff. Thank you for your positive comments about the hotel.

Your kind comment about our colleagues especially about Miguel is highly appreciated. Positive reviews like yours always serve as an added motivation to the entire team to maintain the highest level of service at all the times to all our guests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We were a group of 10 girls and had 3 triple rooms. the rooms were a little out-dated, but had everything you needed. The third extra bed was a bit of a squeeze, but you don't spend any time in the room anyway! The staff were friendly, the hotel breakfast was amazing! We arrived very early and the hotel offered us a free breakfast whilst we waited for our rooms to be ready at 12 noon. The stay was brilliant as it offered such a variety of things to do for a short break: spa, indoor/outdoor pool, massages, beach at 3 minutes walk, town a short taxi ride away where you can shop and eat tapas and drink Sangria from meter long straws ;-), the port is a lovely place to go out. All in all it was great and I would definitely return!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear IceAndOrange,

Many thanks for sharing your review about our hotel on Tripadvisor.

It makes me glad to know that you enjoyed all our facilities and services and thank you for your kind words about our staff.

It will be a pleasure for us to see you again at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed 11 days in this hotel, and I appreciate the staff members, the beach and the swimming pool, and the restaurant on the evening. Its seems that the holiday of sixties return. With life musique all the night. Very professional team in the SPA.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Zlatica P,

Many thanks for spending a few minutes of your time in writing your opinion about our Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and our staff.

It will be a pleasure for us to get the opportunity to welcome you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I know this review goes against the grain and I appreciate this may get read by a few and questioned, but its my opinion right?

We booked through low cost hols and I emailed the hotel before we left and asked for a nice room (no big deal if they couldn't do it).

We arrived at 1130 and we were told that our room would not be ready until 1.30. They were kind enough to give us a free drink. We check back at 12.30 and they told us the room would now be ready at 1.30! - I am not sure what the official check in time was, but this wasn't a great start.

The room was ok, decent furnishings and all. However our major point of concern was the room was next to the cleaners cupboard. Now I appreciate someone has to stay in this room, but given the fact I had emailed and specifically asked for a decent room, AND we were only staying 3 nights - but the noise at 8am from the cleaners was unforgiveable.

Banging the doors, speaking at full volume, relaxing break it was not. I know the cleaners ar thinking 'lazy british people sleeping until 9am' - but this was our HOLIDAY! we work 60 hours a week at home, and holidays are time to recharge your batteries!

We complained to the deputy gm, and she was more that nice, but there was no point in moving rooms for one night. They offered us a free meal that evening, but the half board choice looked un-appealing.

The hotel itself was really nice. Lovely surroundings, pool and beach side were lovely.

Only other draw back there was a large ammount of pool bed, early towel reservers!

Overall ok.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LeeNSazzle
SonCaliu, E-commerce at Hotel Son Caliu Spa Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear LeeNSazzle,

Thank you very much for taking the time in writing your opinion about our hotel, it is very important for us as it help us to improve every day.

I am disappointed to know that you didn't like your room and I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you had with the cleaning ladies, usually we don't get bad feedbacks about them, but don't hesitate that I will let it know to the management.

I would like to clarify that the check-in time in our hotel is at 02:00 pm, as is often in all the hotels. Usually, if we have got free rooms, we don't hesitate to give you the room just when you arrive but the hotel was full and that's why you had to wait untill check-in time.

It saddens me to know that you have not tasted our evening meal because all our guests are usually so satisfied with the food.

I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you again at Son Caliu Hotel Spa Oasis.

Kindest regards,