Hotel Ibersol Son Caliu Mar
Hotel Agua Beach(Palmanova)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
1,331 results
All reviewselephant poolfrench tourself serviceminute taxi ridelast minute breakthe main pool areabar staffcleaned dailyindoor barbuffet restaurantchoice of foodchildren's poollarge balconyjust returned from this hotelplenty of sun loungersfussy eaterpalma nova beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Great value;The food, drinks, pool, entertainment and particularly the dedicated hard working staff were all fantastic. Great 6 day break in early May. Could not fault it.We could no believe the negative reviews we had read

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are best.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe B
Subdireccion_Ibersol, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Ibersol Son Caliu Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Good Morning Joe B,

I am delighted you chose to stay at the Hotel Son Caliu Mar, for you holiday in Majorca.

Thank you for taking time to write about our “Fantastic place to stay”.Our staff make this place and I think that is why so many guests return, as they feel at home.

Thanks again for the review,

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Just come back from this hotel and after reading some reviews I wasnt looking forward to it at all, even asked travel agent if we could change the booking but to no avail.
Not as bad as some people are making out! The rooms are lovely modern, clean and comfortable with room service every day with clean towels etc
Meals are typical spanish all inclusive and if you cant find something to eat you must be extremely fussy as there is always cold meats, cheeses, salads, bread rolls, chips, veg, pasta etc.
Outdoor bar is great during the day all self service except for spirits but no long queues. Indoor bar isnt great as its located in a games type room with canteen type tables & chairs and as all entertainment is in French its not ideal.
For what we paid it was very good value for money

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mrsmerlot
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Me and my boyfriend have just come back from a 2 night stay in the all inclusive ibersol son caliu mar and beach club. Our trip was super cheap and having read previous reviews we just thought we would take it as it comes! But we were pleasantly surprised! On arrival the hotel reception is marble throughout and looks very classy, greeted by a lovely receptionist who gave us our room key. The room was IMMACULATE! nice plain walls modern trendy, 2 big single beds, and big sofa bed, a chair, a flat screen TV on the wall(although only two English channels news channels!), gorgeous bathroom and his and her sinks! As well as the balcony with table and chairs and a lovely view over the pool area.
We didn't make it up for breakfast either day! so I cant comment on that. The dinner wasn't the greatest but I did find something to eat, mainly salad and chips! or rice and veg! But what all inclusive in Spain is amazing?! the snacks were just leftovers from either breakfast or lunch, we mainly ate baguette with ham and cheese. But I don't go on hol to eat 247 so it didn't bother me too much. Only criticism would be that there were NO signs on any of the food dishes so it was a case of guessing which my boyfriend didn't like as he doesn't eat any fish!

The bar outside was great, self service on beers, sangria, coffee and all soft drinks! if you wanted liquor then u asked the waiter which was fine.
The entertainment team all spoke french which was fine for us as we don't have children and we went into magaluf one night time and into palma nova the next.

The hotel is ideal location, takes 5ish mins to walk to the beach some lovely bars and food places, one day we walked to magaluf along the beach took approx 30 mins, the night we went into magaluf taxi was 4euros.

Free wifi in the hotel which is a massive plus as we were able to use iphones etc without extra charges.

I would go to this hotel again as a couple or as a family with very small children but probably not with slightly older children as I think they would want an english speaking entertainment team.

Room Tip: Second floor room overlooking the pools is perfect!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JessBale85
Subdireccion_Ibersol, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Ibersol Son Caliu Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We appreciate the feedback from our customers and will no doubt send your comments to the team, we work to improve our services and have the satisfaction of our customers.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I was on a stag with 13 of my Scottish mates and although the weather was poor (big G didn't pay for sun) it was fantastic. Loads of French guests who, when you actually made the effort to talk to, were lovely! It was really refreshing not to have a bunch of British drunks taking over. Food was ok, but what are you expecting for the price. Rooms were cracking and the girl on reception is probably the nicest and most helpful receptionist I have ever come across. If your looking for the basics it's ideal. If your looking for 5 star don't book it cause you will be on here unjustly moaning about it!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mark C
Subdireccion_Ibersol, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Ibersol Son Caliu Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2013

Thank you for your review of your stay with us.

I appreciate all comments we receive, as it allows us to improve the experience for future guests.I sincerely apologize that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your opinion and I apologize for the problems you experienced. I hope to treat this as a one off occurrence, not for what you can expect from Ibersol work to provide adequate quality to our hotels.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Having just come back from this hotel i would strongly advise that unless you are French or would like a holiday with only French people you avoid this hotel. The rooms were nice however the food was awful. The staff were not helpful at all. The entertainment team were french and so they is no entertainment for kids at all as they cant understand it. The hotel also has a really posh looking restaurant upstairs but we were told it was exclusive for French. I would not go back to this hotel if you payed me. Awful holiday

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pmlwja10
Subdireccion_Ibersol, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Ibersol Son Caliu Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thank you for expressing your criticism on Tripadvisor, we have taken note of their opinions about our services, and we proceed to apply as soon as we can to improve them.

Receive a warm greeting.