“Just returned from a great holiday”

Sol Beach House Mallorca
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 April 2012

The sol palma nova was far better than we expected

The location in palma nova was right on the sea front.

Our room was large and spotless and was kept so throughout our stay.

It was good that the central stairway was carpeted as it would have been noisy without it.
The food was really good there being a wide range of fresh cooked food, cold meats , salads and fruit both at breakfast and dinner. We do not normally have afters at home but really indulged ourselves. For those who have a cooked breakfast there were 5 kinds of sausages one morning !. The staff were friendly and efficient.

The area we were in was quite and clean and tidy. The only litter we saw was around MacDonalds (Why is that no matter where you go ? )

Really recommended and adults only

Room Tip: Dont worry about a sea view as the front of the hotel gets the sun in the afternoon and it was lovel...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jeffery h

Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

I am writing this for my the sun lounger I have physically had to fight to get by the pool.
Booked a last minute weekend break as I needed to get a bit of work done and wanted some head space.
I booked the room with the hotel directly. There is a box asking for any specific requirements, so I put I was travelling alone and needed to do some work, so would appreciate a quiet room ideally with a sea view.
I checked in and was given a broom cupboard next to the lift overlooking the main centre.
When I offered to pay for an upgrade, I was told the hotel was full. There are about 20 rooms with curtains closed that are clearly empty.
I left reception and checked in to my cupboard. There was a tv in the room, so thought I would flick it on as it was raining. The card next to the tv says you can get ITV 1, bbc 1 & itv. I flicked on to the channels and a fuzz appeared, so called reception. A man came up switched on the tv then turned it off again and said satellite doesn't work and that was it.
He left so I decided to go to sleep for a few hours, only to be woken up by the man in the room next to me snoring!
To add insult to injury at 4am this morning someone decided to knock on my door a few times. Needless to say travelling alone I chose not to answer.
The final straw however was this morning was when I went down to sunbath by the pool, only to find the 50 sunbeds were all taken. Bearing in mind the hotel holds over 240 people and I had been told it was full. This is hardly surprising.
I went to customer relations to ask if there were anymore beds only to be told that there wasn't. When I asked what they suggested I should the the response was' you tell me. If you are that desperate go and sit on the beach and pay!'
Being head strong I took a cushion off the sofa and walked out with it. Needless to say he followed me and told me I couldn't do it.

I ended up taking a chair off a poor German lady who had reserved it for her husband.

Had I been staying longer than 3 days I would have checked out and gone somewhere else.

The hotel in general is very dated, don't be fooled by the modern chairs in the lobby. That is as far as the refurbishment goes.

Would I rate this as a 4* no, maybe Joyce Templeton Savage would. If you are coming to Majorca for a hen or stag weekend or some partying and just want somewhere to sleep. The hotel is in a great location and good value for money.

However, if you want a chill out hotel and good service, then I would steer clear, pay a few extra quid and go to Portals or Cala d'or.

• Stayed: April 2012
6  Thank helspil
Reviewed 27 April 2012

this is a lovely hotel backs onto the beach everything outside on the doorstep mainly older ppl staff very helpful and pleasant food is ok

Room Tip: seaview rooms are best
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The Sol Cala Blanca is a great choice for couples and has a wonderful beach front location. The lobby has been remodelled and the imposing circular stairway is a key feature. The rooms are spacious and comfortable but would be improved by tea/coffee making facilities. The carpet on the stairway and corridors needs replaced for the coming summer season.
The restaurant offered a good range of food and breakfast and evening meals catered for most tastes. Food was plentiful and the hotel offered very good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here with a group of friends for a long weekend. Bearing in mind the closes proximity of Magaluf this hotel had an air of calmness about it and the large lobby area filled you with confidence. The hotel was very clean and the bedrooms were adequate. The TV did not work but this wasn't a big issue for us. A few minor niggles were they charge extra for everything; safe, wifi, internet, parking etc. The restaurant for breakfast was fine with plenty of choice and some egg based items were prepared fresh.
The location was good as it wasn't noisy but you are only a 10 min walk from the main throng of Magaluf.
All in all a safe choice if you want a clean hotel, a good nights sleep and a reasonable breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank simonelk
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My Wife and I stayed here for a short break, without our kids, and seeing as it is adults only, the peace was great. What a fantastic hotel!! The hotel was spotless, the food was great, typical 4 star standard, fantastic choice and everything was hot. The hotel in general was fantastic and nothing was to much trouble, everything from the porter on the door, to the conceige, to the bar staff. The indoor pool was a great bonus, as the weather was not good, the pool was heated and very clean and the room the pool was in was lovely and warm, the sunbeds by the pool were very comfortable. The rooms were great, we booked a seaview room which overlooked the beach, just a shame the weather was not good. You couldnt get any closer to the beach, directly infront of the hotel. The nightlife was great, to the left of the hotel you had Palma Nova, and to the right Magaluf, We tried both, and even though Magaluf is usuallu rowdy, it wasnt, due to it being out of season Overall we had a great trip, and we will be returning!!! :)

Room Tip: Seaview is a must, fantastic views, and listening to the waves at night is bliss!!! Also a top flo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank mwtalbot
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Sol Cala Blanca between the 6th & 9th April. On our arrival we were checked into the hotel with no problems and our luggage was taken to our room. We opted to use the safety deposit box which was 18 Euros with 3 Euros returned at the end of our stay. We had requested a sea view however this request was not fulfilled but to our benefit as the sun stayed on the balcony till 7.00. The room was tastefully decorated and very spacious. The bathroom was very clean with fresh towels daily, the only down side to the bathroom was the ancient hairdryer so if you want to dry your hair and get out the same night – take your own!!. We ate in the restaurant for breakfast and evening meal, there was plenty of choice however some of the food was on the cold side, but generally it was really good.
The pool area was really nice however for the size of the hotel may be a bit on the small size when the hotel is busier in peak season, however the beach is just a hop skip and a jump away which was beautiful. Towels are available to use around the pool, these are available from reception with a 10 Euro deposit. We would definitely go back to this hotel if we visited Palma Nova again

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel get the afternoon sun into late evening
Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Michelle422
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmanova
Hotel Son Caliu Spa Oasis
Hotel Son Caliu Spa Oasis
#10 of 38 in Palmanova
Sol Palmanova All Inclusive
Gran Melia de Mar
Gran Melia de Mar
#7 of 181 in Calvia
Alua Hawaii Mallorca & Suites (ex Intertur)
Hotel Riu Palace Bonanza Playa
Hotel Son Matias Beach
Hotel Son Matias Beach
#1 of 38 in Palmanova

Been to Sol Beach House Mallorca? Share your experiences!