This hotel has an official 4* rating but on mine and my wifes experience of staying there, I cannot see from any aspect that it warrants such a rating.First thing I noticed missing in the room was drinks making facility and also a notice on the fridge telling you that it was only for hotel purchased goods.4*?
Thankfully, the comfort of the large twin beds went a long way to rescuing what could have been a major disappointment. At least you could get a comfortable(if not quiet) nights sleep.
After checking in and paying the "special offer" price of 23 Euros per day to upgrade to a sea view room, I asked where I could find the ironing room. Could not believe that such a basic facility did not exist. 4*? The receptionist then offered to arrange to hire an iron and a board for me and when it arrived, the board could only be mounted on a table due to its very short fold away legs.
When unpacking our clothes, we were left wondering where the drawer space had been hidden. Fact is, there wasn't any. 4*? The wardrobe space had 1 hanging rail (enough for my wifes dresses and skirts etc) and the other half was shelves, one of which housed the safe (21 euros for 7 days and 5euros a day for our other 2 days).
In the bathroom there was a reasonable supply of toiletries which were replenished regularly but the overall presentation of the bathroom was not very good (photos attached showing door, mould round the sink and a bath towel) 4*? There was not a non slip safety mat to use in the bath when showering but, there was a Bidet.starting to see now why the hotel has a 4* rating! At least there was something to soak my feet in at the end of the day! Talking of which, I asked at reception for 2 beach towels. these came at an upfront payment (refundable) of 10 euros EACH plus if you wanted an exchange for a clean one it was 1 euro each for laundering. 4*?
I had only booked B&B so I am unable to comment on the food apart from breakfast. At first glance the buffet style breakfast looked inviting with a good selction of fresh fruits, youghurts cereals, continental and cooked breakfast. I may have been unlucky but on my 2 attempts at the "hot" breakfast, everything on my plate was cold which wasn't helped by all of the plates being cold in the first place. The more seasoned guests at the hotel had sussed out that you could heat your breakfast in the microwave provided.Anyway I opted for the remainder of my stay to have fresh fruit, fruit juice and the cold continental selection. Would have made the dining room look so much more presentable had there been table cloths(Didn,t have them at night either as I purposely checked). There again, it is only a 4*? Would have been nice to find some basic gym/fitness facility but again, nothing.This was my first ever trip to Spain (nearly 66 years old) and I am soory to stay that on holidays to other countries, I have found better facilities in accommodation graded 3* and lower
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant Sol Beach House Mallorca enjoys a privileged location right on Palmanova beach. This adult only hotel (over 16 years) is ideal for relaxing and enjoying your partner's company, offering an exclusive atmosphere and magnificent sea views. Amongst its facilities is a magnificent pool and terraces with sea views. At the Sol Beach House Mallorca entertainment, relaxation and fun are guaranteed. This hotel will surprise you and exceed all your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Melia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Cancelon, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Beach House Mallorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Cala Blanca Hotel Palma Nova
- Sol Cala Blanca Palma Nova
- Sol Melia Palma Nova
- Sol Beach House Mallorca Palmanova, Majorca