Sol Beach House Mallorca
OLA Hotel Panama(Palmanova)
Cabau Aquasol(Palmanova)
  • Beachfront
1,395 results
All reviewssea viewpalma novalovely hotelindoor poolafternoon sunsingle roomboth breakfast and dinnerfourth floorbeach towelshalf boardper daynext yeargreat positionbuffet stylereception staffplenty of choiceevery evening
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I have just returned from my first ever solo break and was pleased I choose this Hotel. I arrived at 10pm and was asked if I would like to have a meal as they had reserved a late table for me, I had eaten on the flight so declined. I was allocated room 298 and my case was taken to the room for me. It was a big room, I had only booked a single room and this was a double, however there was no balcony as it was on the side of the Hotel. Fine for one night. Next morning I asked at reception about a room change and room 342 was available later that day, another double, and was told to lock my case and it would be moved for me when the room was available so I didn't need to hang around. Excellent service!
Katherine on reception really looked after me for the 4 days I was there, always a smile and are you ok, do you need anything? Wish all reception staff were that good.
Having stayed here about 3 years ago with my husband the changes they have made to the front of house and the outside area is very nice, though I must admit that I missed the big comfy sofas that were there before. And was dissapointed that coffee and tea was no longer served to you at breakfast - that's a shortfall from past service - other wise no complaints really.
Being adults only I felt really safe being on my own, no problem with noise, not even outside and I was at the front of the Hotel (sunny side!). There was mostly older couples staying there and there always seemed to be someone who wanted to "look after me" which did make me smile.
I will be returning in October!

Room Tip: Room 298 has no balcony as its side faceing. Room 342 at the front is very sunny on the down side no draw space - so what!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank adventuremaker
JavierBonet, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol Beach House Mallorca, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear adventuremaker,
Thank you very much to for your lovely words regarding our hotel. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your break with us. We really hope to welcome you in the very near future, perhaps not for a short break, maybe for a whole week.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Upgraded Dinning Room, Front Desk, Hall, Bar and Outside Seating area makes this Hotel stand out from most others in Melia group. Adults Only very peaceful, excellent choice of food but as usual could be warmer however freshly cooked fish and meat choice each night are really good, staff all friendly and courteous. Probably suited to slightly older couples but with easy walking distance to beach, shops, bars and cafes within 50 mtrs you have plenty to keep you occupied.
This was our 7th visit to this Hotel and it was like walking into somewhere we had never been before, would recommend highly.

Room Tip: Sea view at rear of #hotel Street view at front ideal for people watching
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CAMERON L

Dear Littlecam,
Thank you very much for your review. We are very glad to read that you enjoyed your holidays with us. Keep coming to our hotel, new refurbishments will be waiting for you next year.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

My wife and I decided on a short break to Palma Nova and chose this Hotel after reading some reviews "What a Mistake"

On arrival we were met by a cheerful receptionist and asked if we wanted to upgrade to a seaview at an additional charge of 23 euros a day we declined this offer.

The cleanliness of the Hotel is first class and the rooms are of a good size however everything else falls far short of what to expect from a 4* Hotel.

There were no draws for storage of clothes in the rooms only 1 wardrobe with a couple of shelves for two people.

We tried to operate the air conditioning to cool the room and found only hot air emitting from the unit on reporting this to the Customer Service Manager we were informed that the air con was not scheduled to operate until the start of the summer season as the weather was not warm enough yet, to try to cool down we had to leave the balcony door partially open while we slept, we reported that the balcony light was not working and nothing was done to rectify the situation in fact the impression from this particular individual was a couldn't careless attitude.

Having regularly stayed in other 4* Hotels in Spain we were looking forward to some good quality food what a dissapointment we were in for, the quality and selection of food was pathetic to say the least.

To finally cap a rather poor performance from the hotel when leaving to catch our flight home we became stuck in the lift as we went to check out, fortunately we were really rather glad to leave this poor excuse for a 4* Hotel and had given ourselves plenty of time before our transport to the Airport arrived

Needless to say we will not be returning to this hotel

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the Hotel get more Sun than the ones with a seaview after lunchtime
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sid S

Dear Sid S,
Thank you very much to take the time and trouble to share your experience at the Sol Cala Blanca. We are very sorry to read that your holidays where not as expected. We have tried to explain that the air conditioning is put on “cool” when the temperature is stable and continuously above 23 – 25 ºC.
The light on the balcony are operated automatically and goes on depending on the sun light, and goes of at 1 a.m. approximately. The light of your balcony have had a major technical repair, and we have opted to wait that the room where empty to do the repair works, as we want not to disturb you in excess. It was our fault to not inform you about this point for which we want to give you our sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Since my last review of this hotel, what a transformation. A lot of money has been spent here and it's well worth a visit. I personally wouldn't upgrade to a sea view because you get the sun on the road side in the afternoon

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Kerrie G
JavierBonet, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sol Beach House Mallorca, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear Kerrie G,
Thank’s for your lovely words, please, come back in the future, new upgrades will be waiting for you.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Was apprehensive after reading some of the reviews . On arrival we wre met by a very pleasant young staff member, no issues with check in again pleasant staff member advised that we were able to have evening meal despite it being nearly ten pm. Luggage was taken to room and the young man explained about the heating / aircon worked. The room was very comfortable ,clean, and spacious . moved a few items around in the mini bar and was able to place our own cold drinks . Regular change of towels bedding . Great choice for breakfast and evening meal ,no problem with replacing food ,and if you use the plates under the hot food your meal remains hot .Staff were only too happy to please regarding cooking food to your preference . Found in general staff very friendly and helpful .Hotel and Palma Nova well placed to visit other resorts . The highlight of one outing was to Soller and the Port , bus to Palma then easy access to bus to Soller pleasant trip through the tunnel, and tram in Port up to Soller and bus back to Palma .Great day out for under 20 euros . Traveled with Jet 2 .Holidays . Would not hesitate to return .

Room Tip: Rooms on street side gets sun in afternoon but some noise early morning .
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anne c

Dear Anne c,
Many thanks for the great review, we will kept the good work and we really hope to welcome you again in the very near future