We stayed at the hotel from late May - early June. We had a lovely holiday, however I fail to understand how this hotel commands a 4 Star rating with the exception of the sea and beach location. There are good points about the hotel which we enjoyed, I will come to them later, but first here are the negative observations which need to be addressed for the hotel to be a true 4 Star in keeping with the many I have stayed in before while on holidays for over 40 years.
I booked a room with Garden views, purely because we were going to be out in our hire car for our 9 day stay exploring this beautiful island, in fact we loved every minute of the 1,400 kilometers we covered. However when we got to our room and went on the balcony there was no garden in sight. What we looked down on was 2 or 3 palm trees around the entrance to the hotel, and a Spar shop and other adjoining shops across the road, no more than 40 - 50 feet away. I went back down to reception and negotiated a price for a sea view room, and the receptionist informed me that for an extra 200 euros he had a lovely one available on the third floor, room 308, which I decided to pay for. I would advise anyone not to accept this room as a full sea view room unless you like peering through the branches of 2 large palm trees to have any chance of seeing the beach and sea. We did have excellent views of the aeroplanes flying over in the distance however.
As stated in other reviews there was nowhere for clothes except the wardrobe, and as reviewed before, what good is a fridge if there is a notice telling you not to use it for your own use, plus it is the only 4 Star hotel I have ever stopped at in Spain that did not have tea making facilities in there superior rooms.
The entertainment was dire, at most there was only 6 - 7 people watching it whenever I passed by, but in contrast the next 4 Star hotel along had good entertainment, and there must have been over a hundred people watching it when I popped in for a look, and the bar takings must have been wonderful for the hotel.
Not that we ever used a sunbed, but I noted that there were only approx 65 available for a hotel with 180 rooms, and about 350 people when full, also the sun had left most of them by 3.30pm, however the hotel was almost on the beach for all the beach lovers, so perhaps it was not too much of a problem. There are a few other minor points I could mention but I think I have said enough, except perhaps for a hotel that had been refurbished, someone forgot about the stairs carpet which was threadbear, hotel car park charge, even though it was mostly empty, and a charge of 8 euros a day for the internet, where in most hotels I stay in it is free for your own devices.
Now for the good points. The food was excellent and varied, and the hot meals were hot, with heated plates to keep it warm. The hotel rooms and public areas were clean, and the staff were very friendly. All in all we very much enjoyed our holiday, but there are some points I hope you agree could be easily addressed and improved on.
Finally anyone who likes a quiet resort and a top class genuine 4 Star hotel with a position to die for should perhaps try the Stil Los Gigantes Hotel in the village where I live in Tenerife, it is a Thomsons Couples hotel for adults only. ( Not to be mixed up with the Costa Los Gigantes Hotel which is a distance away from the village and takes children, and is all inclusive ). I stayed at this hotel more than 30 times over 32 years before I retired to this paradise village in Tenerife. The only downside is that it is a little hilly, but that adds to the quaintness, and the beach is black sand, however the hotel is built on a small cliff directly overlooking the sea, with 2 pools, one of which is salt water, and there is no shortage of sunbeds here, and in fact no shortage of hot warm weather all year round, with the odd exception of course, and your money will stretch much further.
I hope this review will be of some interest to however reads it, although I except from other reviews that some people will not agree with me. May you all have happy holidays in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant Sol Beach House Mallorca enjoys a privileged location right on Palmanova beach. This adult only hotel (over 16 years) is ideal for relaxing and enjoying your partner's company, offering an exclusive atmosphere and magnificent sea views. Amongst its facilities is a magnificent pool and terraces with sea views. At the Sol Beach House Mallorca entertainment, relaxation and fun are guaranteed. This hotel will surprise you and exceed all your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Melia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Sol Beach House Mallorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Cala Blanca Hotel Palma Nova
- Sol Cala Blanca Palma Nova
- Sol Melia Palma Nova
- Sol Beach House Mallorca Palmanova, Majorca