Having just returned on 14/6/2014 from a 11 day holiday to this hotel,where we requested a high floor and sea view if possible on booking it.
We arrived to find that we were in 334 on the 3rd floor facing onto the road at the front of the hotel, opposite was a entire street of shops, restaurant and directly opposite our room was a KING KEBAB/ PIZZA bar with a electronic punch bag m/c standing out in front.
All the other shops and restaurant closed down around 02.30, but this bar stayed open all night long closing around 6am. the noise from this bar was such that sleep was impossible being continually woken up by the passing supped up male holiday makes having to prove who had the strongest punch. So along with the sound of the punch ball been hit and ringing, the shouting and swearing after each blow sleep was impossible with out turning on a very noisy air condition unit to drown the street noise and keep the patio door shut (very warm nights).
We endured this for 6 night thinking well it is a holiday resort and people are here for a good time, but on the 6th night I could stand it no longer and rang down to reception to enquire is anything could be done about the bar across the road.I also asked was there no by-law for closing by a certain time, reception informed me there was no by-law, and the bar would only shut down when the last customer had left,as it was continually passing trade it never shut down until around 6am.
I asked could nothing be done about it and was informed that they could only move us in the morning.I declined as the cost of the sea view rooms were a extra 22 euro per night .
The only other negative was the lack of wardrobe space for two people, no drawer space at all, No tea making facilities and a fridge you were not allowed to put your own drinks /food into.
The room size was good, the cleaning of the room and renewal of towels very good, the general housekeeping of reception and public areas was very good.
The swimming pool was rather small, and the amount of available sun beds for 180 rooms was far too few, meaning if you did not get a towel on a bed by 08.30, it cost you 8 euros (every day) to hire a bed on the beach.
Meals where varied with a good selection although the deserts were very plain and boring.
The actual restaurant needs a large blind or sun screen covering the seaward facing window and the sun blazing through it cause the area to warm up very quickly with no air conditioning it soon became very uncomfortable.
The entertainment did not encourage you to stop in the hotel.
I think in its earlier days this has been a very nice hotel in a very good location for the beach, proved by the amount of people we spoke to that had come back year after year who were saying it's not as good as it used to be.
I will finish this review with the advice of insisting on a sea view, the noise on the street side totally ruined our holidays. It we had not experienced the noise every night, then we would have enjoyed our stay in this 3* hotel . WeI will not be returning to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant Sol Beach House Mallorca enjoys a privileged location right on Palmanova beach. This adult only hotel (over 16 years) is ideal for relaxing and enjoying your partner's company, offering an exclusive atmosphere and magnificent sea views. Amongst its facilities is a magnificent pool and terraces with sea views. At the Sol Beach House Mallorca entertainment, relaxation and fun are guaranteed. This hotel will surprise you and exceed all your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Melia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Beach House Mallorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Cala Blanca Hotel Palma Nova
- Sol Cala Blanca Palma Nova
- Sol Melia Palma Nova
- Sol Beach House Mallorca Palmanova, Majorca