1,563 results
All reviewssea viewpalma novapool arealovely hotelafternoon sunboth breakfast and dinnerfourth floorbeach towelsper dayhalf boardgreat positionnext yearbuffet styleevery eveningreception staffplenty of choicerelaxing holiday
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Loved staying at this hotel. Was given an upgrade to sea view - fantastic views from our balcony and lovely stylish and comfortable room. Clientele tend to be in their 60/70/80's but I'm sure the reason why the hotel is so good is because the older generation seem to demand more in the way of high standards. I am in my forties and went with my 18 year old daughter and really enjoyed the fact that the hotel is peaceful and quiet - no screaming kids! Beware.............the older generation tend to go to bed early but get up early! Sun beds were being claimed before the sun came up! If I rolled over in bed to see light emerging under the curtains I would leg it out of the room in my pyjamas to grab a sunbed. As soon as I got into the reception area I would see the pensioners walking as fast as they could to bag a prime position sun bed! Then I would go back to bed til 9! The free internet on the beach is pretty good and most of the time I could get 2 out of the 3 bars in strength (on my iphone) in the hotel pool area and the outside restaurant area - I wouldn't bother paying for internet. I would recommend the dragonera boat trip from santa ponsa. A 3.5/4 hour boat ride which was fantastic. You can book the trip from a shop directly opposite the hotel where there is a lovely lady who is really helpful. I didn't know until the last day that you can take a boat ride from the far end of palma nova to palma. The free Katmandu house pass is worth a visit for free (wrist bands on reception) it's only a short walk from the hotel. It takes about 30 minutes to go through the house.

The best thing about this hotel is the really fantastic location, lovely selection of food and very friendly and helpful staff. I will definitely go back again but this time for longer! .........I am missing it already!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are fabulous
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ronnie02
JavierBonet, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sol Beach House Mallorca, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Ronnie02,
Thanks for taking a few minutes of your valuable time to comment your stay at Sol Beach House Cala Blanca, because your comments serves as a motivation to all our staff to continue working hard. Your words about facilities, location, staff, food and service are very kind and will be transferred to all our personnel who will be waiting for your next visit. Warm regards

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel is situated in an ideal position for the beach with no roads to cross.
Since last years visit the hotel has changed name and some of the internal décor has been changed to present a more casual appearance and the staff now wear tee shirts and jeans. This change is not what I would expect for a 4* hotel and the changes were not required. Apart from that, nothing has really changed, a good but not brilliant choice of menu, with reasonable bar prices. All the staff are brilliant with the guests, friendly, helpful and always smiling. It is these people that will keep guests returning, not the change in uniforms. As will most hotels in the area there is only limited sunbeds available, and apparently some guests start reserving them at 3am. These people really need to get a life.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
3  Thank SteveHManchester

Dear Steve H Man,
We are very pleased that your second visit to Sol Beach House Cala Blanca was successful and you wish to return in the future. In the present, the companies should to make some changes (including staff uniforms), but we always welcome the customers feedback, who will be transferred. Thank you very much and see you soon.Regards

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed for a 5 day short break. I am heavily pregnant and we had a great room overlooking the sea and the upgrade was only 11 euro a night. Breakfast was buffet, plenty and wholesome. Location right on the beach and near the really good restaurants:) Sun shines on the beachfront in the morning and on street front in the afternoon.

If you want to secure a sun lounger I would advise you get up early
There were mornings I would look out at 6am and many of the loungers already were taken and ppl putting the towels out.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Wbearsmom

Dear Dawnywawn,
We hope that you have enjoyed a few days of relax in our facilities waiting for the great moment, and all will be well with the baby. Best regards and good luck from all the staff of Sol Beach House Cala Blanca.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is the 4th time we've been here at the beginning of June and we'll be back again at the same time next year. All the good things are still there e.g. Food, staff, room, location. However SOL are bringing the building into the 21st century which is attracting a slightly younger holiday-maker. This is generally a good thing e.g. the evening entertainment is a great improvement on previous years. The only minor criticism is that some standards appear to be slipping slightly e.g. washing on the balcony and t-shirts and shorts at evening meal. It is still a fantastic place for a beach holiday (as I keep telling all my friends and neighbours).

Room Tip: They are all good rooms but I prefer a room facing the road/shops rather than facing the beach. The beach-side rooms have the sun shining in from about 6 o'clock each morning so it tends to be hot and bright very early each day.
2  Thank DaveJ201

Dear Dave J201,
We hope your come back home was good and you had a pleasant stay with us. Your comments about the food, staff and facilities will be transferred to all our employees, who will be happy to welcome you again for the fifth visit. Thank you as well for give us your feedback about some issues that maybe needs an improvement, which will also be considered. Best regards and see you soon

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Just got back from a lovely relaxing peacefull break. Hotel location fab write on the beach, clean and freindly staff, only fault was very noisey air conditiong unit, front of hotel gets the sun all afternoon, would like to thank all the kitchen staff for their hard work always good choice and food hot , also like to thank the bar staff esp Guillien who was overworked, never stopped and had worked at the hotel 42 years, quite a charater. Would recomend to anyone who wants a nice break .

Room Tip: Seaview rooms get sun till lunch. Front of hotel overlooks shops gets sun into eve.

Dear Anne B,
We're pleased to hear that you have enjoyed of your stay at your “house on the beach”. Thank you for your positive comments about our staff and environment as well as your appreciation of the treatment received by the kitchen and Bar staff, a very important aspect in a holiday. Looking forward to see you again in Mallorca. Have a nice day!