“Found our perfect hotel”

Sol Beach House Mallorca
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just back from a fantastic stay at this hotel. Had a room on the 3rd floor at the front, which was a little disappointing as the view from the balcony was the trees growing at the front of the hotel, but as we are early risers, it was great fun watching from our secluded location at the state of some of those just heading back to their hotels from Magaluf. Also the sun is round the front of the hotel all afternoon. Room was completely soundproof when balcony doors were closed and the size of the room was fantastic too. We asked at reception about a kettle and it was delivered the following morning to our room (small charge of 11 Euros and 10 Euro deposit for the week). Room was cleaned everyday by the maids with fresh towels when needed. Restaurant staff were very friendly and this is the 1st hotel we have stayed at where my husband (who is a plain eater) found something to eat at every breakfast and dinner for the whole week. It may be difficult to get a sunbed (didn't try on this holiday) but there are plenty chairs and tables around the pool area, which are spotlessly clean always. There was entertainment arranged every night from 7:00pm onwards.

2  Thank WPY5
JavierBonet, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sol Beach House Mallorca, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Wpy5,
Thank you for your description of “perfect hotel”. You make us very happy to consider Sol Beach House Cala Blanca as home and staff like family. Here we are waiting for you. Best Regards

There are newer reviews for Sol Beach House Mallorca

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Nice location-decent food. But if you pay extra for a hotel on the beach you want a sea view which we requested-given one on the ground floor facing the front. Lovely view of the kabab shop opposite.
Don't expect to get a sunbed in less you sleep in one.
Set the alarm for 7 one morning to get one-still did not get one.By the way no germans in hotel-mostly british.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
2  Thank Phillip John M

Dear PhillipJ,
We are so sorry if the room where you were allocated did not like you, hoping that you have enjoyed the rest of the facilities, area and gastronomy. In reference the pool sunbeds, there several information signs with the prohibition of reservation, but it is an issue about respect another customers.
We desire that you give us a second chance in the future to offer you the best of our four stars. In this case, please contact us before your arrival.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I ve booked a sea view room for my family as wanted them to have a care free holiday.
Arriving to the hotel at 17:00 I was told that "they are out of sea view rooms" . To my question - how is that possible I ve been told : "it happens" .
???
Ok, its eve, we have swallowed the case and went to the provided 429 - but the air con there practically did not work !! So my family had to have a hard night.
Guess what - next morning at the reception I was asking ab the promised room . "Oh, we still have got none. Come back in an hour" . Needless to say by then I was furious. Yes, I got the sea view later on, but it has cost me a lot of nerves and persistence. Which for 200+ euro/night I find unacceptable. At the checkout the I had to point out that first night was w/o sea view and insist on reducing my bill. As well they have tried to bill 6 euro for 3 bottles of water we havent used but have removed them after my complaint.
Beach towels are provided with 10 euro deposit/towel. Change of towels is 1 euro.It would have been fine but they are long but very narrow - so not really efficient.
Safe key is 26 euro/week.
Entertainment - different life music every evening.
Tiny pool and packed by ppl so beach is far more better option.
Biggest plus - no kids.
Resume: will never go there again as if management can't control the reservation system I dont know what are they paid for at all. 200euro is well overpriced for Mallorca for such an attitude and service level.

Room Tip: Dont go to 429 as air con doesnt work there ( it works but you will not feel any difference ).
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CityOrchid

Dear Cityorchi,
Sorry if your stay with us was not fully satisfactory. It seems that it was an addition of circumstances.
Regarding the deposit system for some services, usually it’s not a trouble for the rest of our customer. It’s only a work and procedures system.
About the details of your booking, confirm you that our reception staff assigns the rooms according to the information that we receive from travel agents or tour operators.
You should understand that if you want to change to a sea view room, we prepare it for the next day, but please, considering availability and the time necessary to clean it correctly before you move.
We are so sorry about the small mistakes that may be in your account on your departure day. We understand that they are human failures that can happen.
Once again, sorry for the inconvenience that may suffer during your stay, hoping you give us a future chance in the future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Just came back from another fantastic stay. But unless u were up at 6 in the morning you couldnt get a sunbed. And the annoying thing is that people used to reserve them but then not use them till 3pm. I think this is unacceptable and unfair. The food and staff tho were brilliant.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanne H

Dear Joanne H,
It's great to know you have enjoyed of your days in your “house on the beach”, looking forwards to see you again in Mallorca. Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Loved staying at this hotel. Was given an upgrade to sea view - fantastic views from our balcony and lovely stylish and comfortable room. Clientele tend to be in their 60/70/80's but I'm sure the reason why the hotel is so good is because the older generation seem to demand more in the way of high standards. I am in my forties and went with my 18 year old daughter and really enjoyed the fact that the hotel is peaceful and quiet - no screaming kids! Beware.............the older generation tend to go to bed early but get up early! Sun beds were being claimed before the sun came up! If I rolled over in bed to see light emerging under the curtains I would leg it out of the room in my pyjamas to grab a sunbed. As soon as I got into the reception area I would see the pensioners walking as fast as they could to bag a prime position sun bed! Then I would go back to bed til 9! The free internet on the beach is pretty good and most of the time I could get 2 out of the 3 bars in strength (on my iphone) in the hotel pool area and the outside restaurant area - I wouldn't bother paying for internet. I would recommend the dragonera boat trip from santa ponsa. A 3.5/4 hour boat ride which was fantastic. You can book the trip from a shop directly opposite the hotel where there is a lovely lady who is really helpful. I didn't know until the last day that you can take a boat ride from the far end of palma nova to palma. The free Katmandu house pass is worth a visit for free (wrist bands on reception) it's only a short walk from the hotel. It takes about 30 minutes to go through the house.

The best thing about this hotel is the really fantastic location, lovely selection of food and very friendly and helpful staff. I will definitely go back again but this time for longer! .........I am missing it already!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are fabulous
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ronnie02

Dear Ronnie02,
Thanks for taking a few minutes of your valuable time to comment your stay at Sol Beach House Cala Blanca, because your comments serves as a motivation to all our staff to continue working hard. Your words about facilities, location, staff, food and service are very kind and will be transferred to all our personnel who will be waiting for your next visit. Warm regards

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel is situated in an ideal position for the beach with no roads to cross.
Since last years visit the hotel has changed name and some of the internal décor has been changed to present a more casual appearance and the staff now wear tee shirts and jeans. This change is not what I would expect for a 4* hotel and the changes were not required. Apart from that, nothing has really changed, a good but not brilliant choice of menu, with reasonable bar prices. All the staff are brilliant with the guests, friendly, helpful and always smiling. It is these people that will keep guests returning, not the change in uniforms. As will most hotels in the area there is only limited sunbeds available, and apparently some guests start reserving them at 3am. These people really need to get a life.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
3  Thank SteveHManchester

Dear Steve H Man,
We are very pleased that your second visit to Sol Beach House Cala Blanca was successful and you wish to return in the future. In the present, the companies should to make some changes (including staff uniforms), but we always welcome the customers feedback, who will be transferred. Thank you very much and see you soon.Regards

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed for a 5 day short break. I am heavily pregnant and we had a great room overlooking the sea and the upgrade was only 11 euro a night. Breakfast was buffet, plenty and wholesome. Location right on the beach and near the really good restaurants:) Sun shines on the beachfront in the morning and on street front in the afternoon.

If you want to secure a sun lounger I would advise you get up early
There were mornings I would look out at 6am and many of the loungers already were taken and ppl putting the towels out.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Dawnywawny

Dear Dawnywawn,
We hope that you have enjoyed a few days of relax in our facilities waiting for the great moment, and all will be well with the baby. Best regards and good luck from all the staff of Sol Beach House Cala Blanca.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmanova
Sol Palmanova All Inclusive
#1 of 39 in Palmanova
Gran Melia Victoria
Gran Melia Victoria
#16 of 74 in Palma de Mallorca

Been to Sol Beach House Mallorca? Share your experiences!