We stayed here for 10 days from 21th June on half board and have to say that it is the best European holiday we have had overall.
We expected to go out most evenings as in our experience entertainment in hotels is poor but every night it was excellent, not always our taste but the quality was clear.
Also as buffet style food tends to get repetitive we expected to eat out 2 or 3 evenings, however, the variety and different ways they did the food meant we did not go out at all.
The comments about can be noisy late when people returning from the clubs can be true as there is a kebab place outside but generally not an issue. The comment about sunbeds was certainly true for the first few days but it settled down and If you wanted a bed then you were generally ok up to 8:30.
Remember this hotel is on the beach so sunbeds in plentiful supply although costs of 4.5 euros per sunbed plus umbrella 4.50. On the day we were leaving and checking out at 6:15 I saw some of the early risers going down to claim their spot.
Staff were excellent in all areas with clean and well kept rooms.
We are early 50’s but I would say 50% were over 60 and 40 % 40 – 60 with the remainder younger.
We had my Mum with us and whilst she paid for a single room she was allocated a twin for no extra cost.
Most people there had been many times and commented on the fact it had changed and been revamped over the years but still retained an excellent quality, the one change they did not like this year was the staff having to move to T shirts and jeans from traditional black trousers and white shirts. Whilst not an issue to us the dress did seem a bit out of place in the restaurant when you consider the quality they present.
We would certainly recommend this hotel and go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant Sol Beach House Mallorca enjoys a privileged location right on Palmanova beach. This adult only hotel (over 16 years) is ideal for relaxing and enjoying your partner's company, offering an exclusive atmosphere and magnificent sea views. Amongst its facilities is a magnificent pool and terraces with sea views. At the Sol Beach House Mallorca entertainment, relaxation and fun are guaranteed. This hotel will surprise you and exceed all your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Beach House Mallorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Cala Blanca Hotel Palma Nova
- Sol Cala Blanca Palma Nova
- Sol Melia Palma Nova
- Sol Beach House Mallorca Palmanova, Majorca