“Nice Hotel but LOTS of niggles”

Aparthotel Rosa del Mar
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
UK
“Nice Hotel but LOTS of niggles”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, the hotel itself is very nice, you can tell it's recently been renovated, but so many niggles leave me no other choice but to rate it overall poor.

Firstly- the beds are unbearably hard. It's literally like sleeping on the floor. They are also prone to slipping and my wife slipped through the tw single beds and landed on the marble floor hurting her back.

Secondly - as it's supposed to be an apartment hotel, it should offer an iron and ironing board, they don't and was charged 25 euros for 3 days which is ridiculous, but wait it gets worse

TV REMOTE costs you 5 euros

Safe key another 10 euros

These are OTT for me and spoilt it from the off.

Last problem for me was the Scandinavians and Germans all looking down their noses at you for speaking English. This place is over run, and you are frowned upon by the guests if you are English.

Facilities in the rest if the hotel are good, but you'd end up in hospital for sleep deprivation if you stayed any more than one week.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DirtySanchez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
SouthWales
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My mum lives in Magalluf so had popped along to check out the apartments for us. Myself, hubby and two friends arrived 10am and rooms were ready! Really polite staff. The superior studio rooms we had were absolutely sparkling, comfortable and the hotel had put us in quiet part as requested due to us being old (51-6o yrs). The pool area we only used once as we like the beach but it was great. could not believe the Moroccan leather beds and the amount of room outside. One slight niggle - too many sunbeds crammed together so little privacy but as it was September not so bad - may be worse high season. the cleaners were so efficient and friendly. we all would definitely stay here for our annual trip to visit my mum - compared to other accommodation this is superb!!

Room Tip: Floor zero is at the back facing the spa and is really quiet however not much sun if you like balcon...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Paisley, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed here for a week mid September, & being home I'm very sad.

Arrived to early for check in but on arrival the reception man was very helpful and let us use the changing/shower room to get the pool clothes on, which was nice of him !

Got in to our room later that day to a very clean & spacious room :) loved the beds and pillows they were great. The only things I would say is that I don't think the floors were cleaned everyday still felt dirty on feet, also take your own washing up liquid ! Hahaha the cups sat there the whole week after asking a few times for washing up liquid. Men if your woman are like me yous get ready FIRST! There is only one mirror in the room and its in the bathroom so that was annoying if the two of us were getting ready at the same time:( but we dealt with it.

Food was nice some nights it was mainly fish which is fine but would of liked more chicken dishes as that's all I eat but that's just to my preference. THE SOUP IS A MUST !!!!!!! Had soup every night we even went in for it if we were eating out for dinner. The man at the reception bit in the food hall called us the soup couple.

Leads me on to the staff they are very friendly and would do anything to help you, me and my boyfriend got very close to johnny & rueben which was nice had some good banter each day by the pool with them :) miss them a lot ! Ended up out with them too what a night.
Of course the boys asked us to take part in the day and night entertainment which was a laugh. Night time more for the kids I would say to keep them amused.

Nightlife in Palma nova not alot happening so ended up out maga every night which was a experience !!! First time and I loved it <3

Would defiantly return to this hotel, if the small things I mentioned above got resolved it would be the best ever.
May be joining you for the season next year rosa del mar:)
X

1 Thank Emma F
Kildare
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Spent a week here in mid September. It's about 25 mins taxi drive from the airport. Costs about €40 each way. Lady on reception not over friendly but certainly not rude either. checked in got keys, went to the room. It was a bright modern room that seemed to have everything required. Seemed ! Upon further inspection we were without a kettle and there was no full length mirror.
The TV had no instructions for use and from previous reviews there was supposed to be English channels but we had to get a maintenance guy to show us. It turned out you had to tune it to be a different language. Nice friendly guy though.
I have to say the shower was great and the bed was comfortable so thumbs up there. Balcony was small but private. We were facing the indoor pool building. Very quiet.

The entire complex was nice and the outdoor areas great. The usual towels reserving of the best spots, but not a problem as it was off season so plenty for all. The chill out area away from the pool was really nice with the white leather beds great.

Address is Palmanova, but it is very close to Magaluf. This means plenty of places to eat and drink. I would recommend going back toward Palmanova as there was a better variety, Again off season so we were not disturbed or woken, but high season could be a different experience.

Most of the staff were friendly, especially the lady at the pool bar and the pool attendant. All the guys from the entertainment team and the room maids had a big hello and a smile each time they passed. Reception team and Spa lady take note !

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We have just returned from a fabulous short break at this accommodation and these are by far the best apartments we have stayed in throughout our time visiting this resort over many years.They have recently been refurbished to a very high standard and are very modern. We stayed in a Superior apartment that had two bathrooms with the latest walk in showers in each.The location is brilliant approximately 5 minutes walk from the beach and central to shops and restaurants. We would definitely recommend these apartments and will be returning next year. Staff were very friendly and efficient too.Overall a top holiday.

2 Thank SJP1964
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Got back today and oh how sad we were to leave. We had a ground floor room and it was huge! ( we did pay for an upgrade when booking through the agent though, so cannot be sure all rooms are to this standard). The room was spotlessly clean. The kitchenette was very well equipped and looked very new. Beds were really comfortable, Very Good flat screen TV although again not many English channels ( but who goes away to watch TV anyway?). Bathroom was good, shame there was no bath though. We have a ten month old who is frightened of the shower, so it was difficult to bathe her properly as there were no facilities to do so. Maid service was excellent also, always left the room like new. Floors were washed daily, so I felt happy to let little one crawl on the floor. I did see one or two ants in the bathroom, but nothing to worry me. The baby cot was a proper wooden one that was sturdy and safe, with lovely clean bedding. Dining was also very good, Yes mass catering is not the most exciting, but there were good selections and it was different every day and not the scraps from day before reheated or added to something else. Loved the mini kids buffet that was at kids height so they could choose their own food. Dining room was also very clean. Pool was excellent, again very very clean with a life guard on duty all the time. Plenty of sun beds. Cannot comment on entertainment as we didn't really watch any, but there was plenty going on for little ones and there was some sort of show on every night. Staff were excellent. Very happy and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Good location. It is nearer the magaluf end than Palma nova, but we didn't have any issues with noise and we all slept very well. I suppose if you go in peak season you could expect more noise, given the location, but this was not an issue for us and I am a very light sleeper! Although not on the beach front it was less than two minutes walk so again no issues and you are close to plenty of good quality bars. We went half board so had to pay for our own drinks and they were expensive and not very strong. If you want good value for money got to Marias next to the 80's reflex bar. Great value and even better measures! ;) All in all this is a very good hotel and we couldn't have wanted any more. It met 90% of our needs and my hubby says i am very hard to please. Had they had somewhere to bathe my baby and drinks were better priced I would have given it 100%. We are going back next year and going to book directly with the hotel and do our own flights as it will save us about £300. See you next year Rosa Del Mar!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank cherylharris65
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

stayed at the rosa del mar 16 th august 2013 ,with my six year old daughter.lovely clean studio room with comfy beds,great for kids own splash pool,kids club which my daughter loved and not forgetting kids disco ,fabie,jonny and reuben were were great with the kids and even managed to get the other half to join in with water polo,snooker and table tennis, which gave me plenty of time to relax at the pool bar,or sun bath in the adult only area on comfy white leather beds.The hotel is close to every thing so ideal for all ages.katmandu theme park was great fun especially crazy golf ,we meet some great poeple and are looking to go back next year with other family members

Room Tip: pool view ,or corner suites ,front of hotel to noisy
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family