“Great holiday fab hotel!”

Aparthotel Rosa del Mar
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Rosa del mar Hotel was fantastic. We had booked it after a review from a work colleague who had been the previous year. It did not disappoint. Very modern newly refurbished. Rooms spacious and nicely decorated bathroom modern with walk in shower. Pool is a good size but does not open until 10.00am. Enough sunbeds around the hotel grounds aside from the ones round the pool there are large beds/mattresses to lie on and sun beds on a decked area just around from the pool. And there is also a separate children's splash area with slides in another part of the hotel grounds. Spa and indoor pool looked lovely although we did not use but maybe nice for people staying in cooler months. There is a pool snack bar however was quite expensive for a pint €3.40 so we didn't use it often. Hotel 2 minutes away from the beach and a minute around the corner (down the hill and to the right) for a supermarket. Close to restaurants and bars. Bar at the bottom of the hill called Papi's was nice to end the night on not the cheapest place for cocktails but good atmosphere and friendly staff often with live music act on. Some great places to eat we found were 'Zen bar/restaurant' on the beach front we ate here twice and both times were great. Also El Mecca was cheap with good food. Great place to go just off the beach is a area near a jetty where you can get banana boat rides. There are several bars along here the welsh mosquito and a sports bar well priced with chatty staff. Magaluf is 1 minute away. Go to bottom of hill and turn right when you reach Katmandu you are there. Magaluf beach bars great to people watch and is a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Will definitely return to palma nova again and would be looking to stay at this hotel. Fab holiday 10/10.

Room Tip: We asked for pool view however is big hotel and we got a side view on the hill. Although it did not...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank domshields
Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here as a single parent with children aged 10, 8 and 4. I can honestly say that it was wonderful. We were greeted at reception by an incredibly friendly receptionist who made the check in process very easy and efficient. I was not charged the security deposit that some sites say will have to be paid but I couldn't say for certain that others wouldn't be. I di however pay to use the safe, others who have stated they had money stolen might have been wise to do the same (although I appreciate that you shouldn't have to). The room itself was just beautiful, absolutely spotless and a very decent size compared to some that I have previously stayed in. The room was cleaned on a daily basis with the bedding changed twice during the week. I didn't use the kitchen except for the fridge but there is a hob, kettle, toaster if you need them.Take your own tea bags though! We were self catering so can't comment much on the food, except to say that we paid for breakfast on the last day (7Euro per adult, 4 Euro per child) as we had an early transfer, and I was very impressed, good quality food and plenty of it. The pool was lovely, not at all loud and raucous, just very relaxing. I only had to complain about noise once and the night security sorted it out straight away. I honestly didn't experience any other issues with noise and could not hear any of the revelry from Magaluff. The Splash zone for the kids was excellent and they loved mini club in the afternoons (I even got an hour to myself!). I honestly cannot think of a bad word to say!

4  Thank LAURA R
Reviewed 2 July 2014

apts lovely and the pool is lovely but some of the staff working there are rude ,unhelpful and unprofessional let me start with one of the life guards on our first morning i asked him a question about something he didnt speak any english and when i tried to further explain he just waved me off with his hand as if to say go away i felt very upset to be treated like that he spent more time on his phone than watching the pool he was totaly uninterested in his job ,next is the man on reception ,i asked for an apt over looking the pool which we didnt get we were looking out at a building site i asked if another apt with a better view was available and i was told come back in the morning so the next day i asked again and i was told we are fully booked i expained to him that we couldnt even sit on the balcony in the evening cos the sun was shining right down on us and2 it was roasting hot some people might like that but when u spend the day by the pool with two children the last thing u want is more sun we just wanted to sit in the shade he then said to me "your on holidays enjoy yourself" i couldnt believe my ears he was so condesending and couldnt care less about solving our problem with the apt i was fuming after saving all year to go on holidays you expect they would at least try to help but no such luck and my last complaint is about the barman ,one evening he was serving me and when i asked for icecream for the kids he pointed to the board at the end of the bar so as i was walking down he told me hurry hurry i think this is no way to treat customers i complained him to reception and then he approached me in front of my kids and other people sitting around and called me a liar saying he never said hurry hurry i was in shock and my kids were very upset to see this man calling their mother a liar i will never set foot in this place again my whole holiday was ruined because of these people i would advise people not to stay here because one your paid up they dont give a damn

3  Thank Colette O
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had initally booked in to Globales Nova Apartments via Travel Republic, upon arriving at the hotel I was told that they had double booked and that I would have to move to a hotel down the street. With no email prior to this decision I was quite furious and was expecting to be moved to a dive. How wrong was I!

Upon arriving to our new hotel, I was welcomed by a modern clean reception area. Tomas the serving male on reception was very pleasant and showed us the direction to our room. The room was absolutely stunnning. A modern red theme through out, jet shower, two hob cooker, fridge and microwave oven. Then into the main area of the room a lovely white 4 person table, tv and a comfortable twin bed. The room was very clean.

In the morning we were even more taken back by the inside gym and pool aswell as the four poster sun bathing, double beds. The breakfast in the hotel had a lovely range however the pool bar menu was not so great with choice. I had the chicken curry one day the meat was clearly not cooked all the way through. In addition the pool bar prices were a high compared to others for soft drinks and food considering what you were given.

The location was fantastic for us as we were on a girls weekend away to Magaluf the hotel was literally just down the street from the BCM strip an ideal location for someone wanting the see the Magaluf night life. Personally I would say the location is more that suitable for families aswell as it surrounded by restaraunts with the beach front also a two minute walk however things can be quite loud and the later in the evening especially towards the strip direction things can get very rowdy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank BK8590
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Very clean hotel, nicely laid out and well maintained. The hotel is full of youngsters staying and make a lot of noise my 2 boys aged 2 &4 where up all night heels banging along the tiled hallways music blaring from the pubs around the hotel which is basically in magaluf!!!! We originally wanted to stay at viva palmanova and where gutted as they where full. The kids slide and pools are great and the mini club staff are also great it's just the hotel staff don't care and the manageress PACHA well you can never get hold of her and not sure if she exists! We where fobbed off numerous times. The lady in the hotel spa was so miserable and clearly didn't want to be there, she was moaning saying she was Romanian and complaining about Spain and the schools for her 6 year old son. I was trying to relax having a massage listening to all this. She also had a lively hotel t shirt on when we where in rosa del mar!!! Poor hotel it's a shame because if tuned well and got rid of the poor staff and the noise levels like rugs in the hallways this could be a good hotel. Rooms where well equipped just struggle to get ur kids to sleep at night!

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Domzon
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Arrived at hotel late evening to find the 2 superior pool view rooms we booked did not seem to be available. However after showing us the option of moving to a suite on the top floor our dissapointment was short lived. We were on the end wing of the building room 418. Our balcony can only be described as enormous, having 4 sun loungers 3 sets of tables and chairs and parasols. 2 bathrooms, our on suite of the bedroom had a multi jet walk in shower with his and hers sinks, and also another balcony of the bedroom. Air conditioning was provided free of charge and all in all the room was modern clean and of a very good standard. The pool area was clean and well catered for with plenty of sun loungers and tables and chairs around pool bar area. Although we did not visit it, a childs pool and play area was provided just across from the reception entrance. There is also a large sunbathing area slightly away from the pool area with a large provision of loungers and beds which was handy if you did not want the noise of the pool area. Breakfasts were fine all the usual choice from a buffet breki abroad and everyyhing was cooked freshly and kept hot. A small note if you like your HP sauce with your eggs you may be dissapointed as it only made a fleeting appearence 2 out of the 5 days we stayed here. Now for the negative bit. My wife booked the hotel after the good reviews and the modern look and recent refurb the hotel had recently gone through. The problem we encountered was noise! to be bluntly honest out of 5 nights we had only one decent sleep. After staying in palma nova 20 years ago i had an idea what the resort was like, however the hotel is on the very edge of palma nova and only a 5 minute walk from the Magaluf strip. Every night we were woken by shouting and singing in the early hours and probably as late as 6.30am into the morning. The noise was not created soley by holiday makers but aso groups of local youths, who seemed to congregate outside the entrance to the hotel over the weekend. On the next to last evening it was the a celebration of saint john a yearly event for locals in june we were told. The large groups of teenagers had congregated outside the hotel again on this evening and on our return about midnight we were greeted by th sight of a male and female urinating in the hotel car park , not a nice sight for a family on holiday. If this hotel had been at the centre of palma nova or the other end we would have no hesitation to book again. however due to the noise and location its a real shame but if you want a good nights sleep i could not recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in 418 top floor of wing. Very near a busy road and some bars. Stay clear if you like your...
5  Thank WooffyWhalley
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely disgusted with this hotel, do not come here. Firstly, it is not even in Palma Nova, it is in Magalluf with all the rowdy teenagers 3 mins away. Me and my friend hid our purses in the hotel room not even thinking our money would be touched. We came back to the hotel after our 2nd day and exactly €200 has been taken from each purse by the maid service. Receptionist said it was our own faults and would not take it further and the manager didn't want to see us. We had to go in to Palma Nova to file a police report and thankfully the police are extremely helpful. I have also noticed a review on Trip Advisor from a week ago stating the same incident that money had been stolen. DO NOT STAY HERE. Disgusting.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends