“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
London, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We spent three nights in this hotel on an All Inclusive basis. We arrived early in the morning so our room wasn't ready but we were given our AL card to use. The bar is very quiet. Not much entertainment on but the range of drinks were good. When we got to our rooms, we had a lovely view of the sea. Apparently all rooms have this. We were on the seventh floor in room 709. There were three of us in there so not a great deal of space but enough for what we needed. There wasn't much noise in the evenings although Spain won the Euro Final when we were there so that night was quite noisy!! Our towels got changed every day and the room was clean. The A/C wasn't the best. I think it made noise rather than produce cold air. I wouldn't recommend kids as there's not much for them to do in this hotel. The pool is quite small and has a lot of the shade which was fine for me. You are not allowed to take your drinks outside unless they're in a plastic cup (usually you a get a pepsi cup!). The food was ok. Not a great choice if you're not a lover of meat! The few staff they had, were very friendly. I would stay in this hotel again as the location is great but on a room only basis.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sarahafc22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Stayed at the commodore all inclusive the food is cold and rancid same every day it is nowhere near a 4star as advertised Entertainment is none existent and it is dirty and smelly hotel On the last day we had to vacate the room at eleven am and asked for a shower room as coach did not pick us up till 18.30 and was told showe by pool don't go any were near this place

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Stotta
Stoke on Trent
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Returned from this hotel on 8th June 2012 after spending a great holiday with my family. We arrived late and the reception were quick to give us our keys. We also asked for water and they were only too happy to obilge with 2 bottles of cold bottled water. The room was spacious even though we had a triple, and the bathroom was of a very good size. We had 2 views, one street scene (from bathroom) one of sea and beach (from balcony) best of both worlds.

The staff were great, we asked the reception many times about the cathedral in palma and the bus times etc. and they were happy to help.

The food was a bit hit and miss, but hey ho. the bread and soup was nice, as was the ice cream, and my son and i really enjoyed making up a cheese, ham, tomato, etc, sandwich during snack time. The drinks were good, never had to wait long.

This hotel is almost right on the beach, so no banks and steps which most of the other hotels have in abundance.

For those who are interested, Tabacos is just up the street, will take your order, pick up just before leaving.

Lastly, I must tell you that I left my mobile under the pillow (alarm) as you do, and after e-mailing them about this I have today got it back (posted by Nico on reception). Very professional.

P.S. There is a late night shop across the road, to the right a bit, it sells everything much cheaper than others, water, beer, crisps, sweets etc. and the bloke is sound. He was open till 4am.

Room Tip: if you pick one at the end of a corridor you will get 2 views. i.e. i had 601, so anything - 01
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank HelenStokeonTrent
Dorset
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Just got back at weekend from 7 nights All Inclusive. (As a middle aged couple) Very basic AI package. No towels for sun beds, No tea facilities in rooms. Hotel seemed nice on arrival. I had emailed several months ago to ask for top floor room & Sea View. This email was never received by hotel as apparently it has changed hands. (But room request was honoured on arrival) It has been taken over by who were apparently the owners, but had been renting out to Inturco Hotels. But after it was going downhill last year, the owners have decided to run it again.
The Good: Lovely Sea view Room with balcony. Towels changed daily. Sheets changed daily. Restaurant area clean, but staff shortages were apparent. Food was good & plentiful. Lovely fresh hot bread every day. (made on site).
The Bad: Bar area was very quiet. Entertainment only 2-3 times a week. No Kids disco etc. Kids not really catered for. Lots of signs everywhere. DO NOT do this, or that!! If you wanted to take a drink outside, you had to have it in a Pepsi paper cup! Beer, wine or even tea & coffee in a Pepsi cup!! Pool was quite small. Very overshadowed by trees a lot of the day. Lots of sunbeds, but only about 10 at a time caught the sun, which was a bit of scramble for a sunny bit! But the usual people (including Brits) put the towels down then went off for the morning! Although signs all over to say this won't be tolerated! Severe lack of tables & chairs. Only 4 tables outside. I prefer a chair & table to sit at rather than a sunbed, but there was only 2 tables in the sun at any time. People even tried to put a towel on the chairs!! Noisy Hen party when we were there, very inappropriate conversation during dinner about there respective sex lives. Beach area at front of hotel really nice. Lovely walks. Palma Nova area, a bit grubby.
The Ugly: The SMELL!! The bathrooms have a disgusting smell. Especially at nights. It was so bad overnight, we left the light on so the extractor stayed on all night, & I had to hold a towel over my nose & mouth if I got up to the toilet. Also Air con didn't work, it came on, but was not cold at all. Now I didn't know others had the same problem with smell & when I reported it to the front desk after the first day, the guy looked at me as if I was the first person ever to mention it. I even asked him if anyone else had complained & was told NO! He tried to say it was the smell off the sea, but I told him the room & balcony had no smell, just the bathroom. He said he would get the cleaner to check it out. Next day, still no improvement. I went out to shop & bought a GLADE Plug in, but that made no difference. It still stunk. The cleaner did put the plug into all the orifices!! But still horrendously bad at nights. I went back to front desk on day 3 to be told a Maintenance man would come & have a look. Day 4, I had enough. I went to the desk to complain again & was then offered to change rooms. She gave us a suite "for our inconvenience" It was really nice, 2 balconies back & front. Air con worked & NO SMELL!! But I took my Glade Plug in with me just in case! Shame it took so long for them to offer!
In Conclusion: Not really my ideal hotel. Maybe a 3 star. (4 star for food) Definitely will not go back. I like Majorca but Alcudia is much nicer. Feel free to ask me anything.
Email address for this hotel: comodoro@seramarhotels.com

Room Tip: 801 or 804 have sun beds on balcony. 212, 312, 412, etc, are the suites, which have seperate lounge...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
15 Thank mrsgg
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

The Hotel was top class. The view from room 510 is to die for,wake up in the morning and the view is there beside your bed in full sunshine.what a beautiful bay! Go to bed at night and again the view over the bay with the lights shining on the water is magnificent. The hotel is clean,the staff friendly and the dining room could not be faulted. There was food for all tastes,with a different theme every night. We only went half board, but had breakfast on a lovely terrace overlooking the sea,dinner also,wonderful! It was near enought to all bars and restaurants to get a snack if needed. The shops were close by also. All in all, we had a wonderful holiday thanks to finding this gem of a Hotel!

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Earley2
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Food very good staff AAA rooms large and clean, cleaners in every day. Pool area small and can be full of stag and hen partys and being closed in, walls on three sides no good for kids. Did not see a kids pool.There was no noise at night as bar closes at 12:00 on the dot lights out 12:30.
A good base to have in quiet area just at end Palma Nova beach, gate in pool area and your on it. Yet only about 100 yards from the strip in Magaluf. I would go here again but not with my grandkids.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank BillB795
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Just back from a week half board. Was worried by some of the reviews but, they must have been staying at a different hotel. The Staff - Excellent. The Room - clean, tidy, towels changed every day and very comfy beds. Wonderful view from the balcony.The food was tasty and plentiful. I could see if you were staying for 2 weeks that it may get repetative but there was always something there. The pool area is quite small but the beach is all of 30 seconds walk away !!!! Over all, we will certainly be going back.

G & R Edinburgh