“Bin there, done that, and not going back - ever!”

Hotel TRH Torrenova
Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I can’t remember that we've been in a hotel with so much noise.

Unfortunately the many Englishmen, who were on holiday in the region, didn’t have the same anticipation of what a vacation is, like we have in my family. They more or less took over everything, with an excruciating noise from early morning, where disco beats thundered in the pool area, too the late afternoon. The noise – to be fair to the British, from the many young people from different countries, only slowed down at the time when they made themselves ready for the night's escapades – just to start again when they returned at 04:00 am in the morning. At 10:00 am it all began again.

Definitely not a family hotel ... or in general, not a hotel considered for relaxation. Our best advice is ... Find a hotel on the northern or western part of the island!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Martin_Thomsen

Reviewed 18 May 2012

Regular visitor to this hotel and got back recently. The staff are helpful and friendly. The rooms are nice and spacious, if ill equipped, and the views are amazing. My main issue isn't the hotel, but the people it attracts.

By the end of the holiday, I got REALLY tired of hearing the word “fooking” shouted out every few seconds. I'm no snob, and I know a lot of people like to come out here and get loose on stag and hen dos, or just come for lads' / girls holidays. But someone in a recent review mentioned that this was "definitely not somewhere to come with the family". Well, the fact remains that it has facilities for families, with a kids play area and kiddy pool, etc. I don't have kids, but I just think it's basic decency not to scream and shout the 'C' and 'F' word around toddlers. If people want to come over here and have a rowdy laugh, fine, but why can't they do that and show a bit of consideration for others at the same time? There were "people" (I use the word in its broadest possible sense) throwing bottles and sunbeds over the balconies too.

There are several hotels in magaluf that cater for the real scum brigade; but a lot of them seem to have found their way to TRH Torrenova which is a shame as it's a really nice cheap hotel which caters for a mixed group. There was one group of lads in paticular, and two of them were drunk out of their minds fully clothed in the toddlers pool having a wrestle and screaming obscenities while kids and parents looked on. Next day, I saw the one of blokes complaining at reception about his room being burgled. *cough* Karma.

Magaluf is a complete hole of a resort for most. Palma Nova is nicer. Food is all the same though, pizzas, burgers, etc, which is fine for a few days. A few good tapas bars wouldn't be too out of place though? I thought we were meant to be in Spain?.

Beautiful beaches.

So; to recap. If you don't mind spending your time at least in part around the dregs of English society, you'll have a ball. Bring earplugs and a crash helmet though and leave your kids behind unless you want them to be traumatised ;)

Better still, maybe just go somewhere else.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very noisy
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LondonSunDude
Reviewed 18 May 2012

just come back was a great holiday hotel was on the sea. staff great the pool large and bar open all day maids cleaned every day but sunday. only 2 bad things your cooking things very little needs more of every thing you ask they get u but took 2days. the other is up a very steep hill (very steep) but it u get a taxi from the prince williham pub it only 3 euros u are also only 10 min walk from magaluf great holiday will go back dorinda

Room Tip: ask for room faceing sea
1  Thank dorinda_11
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Spent four nights there last week as part of a Stag Do and, like others, was concerned about the security of our rooms. Our fears were probably heightened when checking in when reception told us they didnt guarantee the safety of our belongins and the safety deposit boxes in the room didnt work. We did have the option of renting one from reception though - which we did for valuables.

Overall, whilst basic, it was clean, spacious and the staff were friendly. We all agreed that we would happily stay here again and may well do next year. Certainly not somewhere to go with the family, but excellent if part of a stag or hen do.

Location wise, although at the top of Heart Attack Hill (which I didnt find as bad as I was expecting) it isnt far from the main Magaluf strip (5 mins walk). It is in a pretty quiet location though so quite ideal. Excellent views over the Med.

2  Thank Gavin B
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Having recently returned from a stay here for 4 nights Wed - Sun, I had to write a review on this Hotel as a lot of reviews on here scared the life out of me. Yes its basic and yes it can be noisy, its predominantly full of groups of lads and girls but of all ages and yes the hill up to is rather huge!!!! I was staying with 8 other girls ranging from early 30's to late 60's and none of us in the group had any issues. The studio was basic but my friends apartment had everything, it depends in which end of hotel you are I think. I was in room 411 and the sea view was amazing. floor 7 seemed quieter but I only had one noisy night. Most of the staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful and the cleaners were there every day bar Sunday, late at night/early hours morning there was some mess from revellers but next morning guaranteed it was gone, pool area clean and tidy, sunbeds were proper uncomfy though. Food and drink at the pool bar was cheap and I have to say the food was gorgeous, we ate there a few times for snacks, the pool bar was open from about 10:30 until 18:30ish. As for the robberies mentioned - well use a safety deposit box they are cheap enough but I have to mention one of our girls left their phone poolside and somebody picked it up and kept it safe for her, she got it back maybe 30 mins after leaving it, a guy a little worse for wear lost his wallet in pool bar and went to reception next morning - there it was waiting for him nothing missing. This hotel is not for families and you do get what you pay for but try getting somewhere like it over here for £10 a night - not going to happen!! If you want luxury pay more than £10 a night for a room. The strip with all the bars on was like a cattle market, semi naked people everywhere and my god you got harrassed to go in bars, my advice find a couple of good bars first night and get a taxi there, its about 3 euro and well worth it. The plaza was great, good music, good drinks, great mix of ages. Food wise try the Godfather over from eastenders or portofino for dinner and the blue bar for breakfast - guy in here is so friendly and service and food brilliant. All in all would I go back to TRH Torrenova - yeah I would and so would all the other girls who went.

Room Tip: floor 7 seemed quieter but no lift to it, seaviews on both this floor and floor 4 are amazing.
3  Thank cocktailkittens
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Got back yesterday and feel compelled to write a review, as I just cannot see why this hotel has received such bad ones. Myself and 9 other girls stayed at this hotel ages from 30 - 50's. Upon arriving, my friend and I were given a studio instead of the apartment which we had booked via late rooms, we had the print out to prove this, and was upgraded. Room was basic, but clean with a fab view, we were on the 7th floor. Lift went to 6 only, but the guy on the deak helped bring our bags up. All the staff were very helpful. We hired a safe dep box, as that is what we always do no matter which location (last year 5 star hotel in mexico - still used the safe) The food by the pool was delicious - heartily recommend the chicken baguettes for lunch. We frequented The Blu Cafe for Breakfast, they serve a perfect eggs benedict. Overall a very enjoyable experience here, you get what you pay for, and we have all agreed that we would revisit next year.

Room Tip: The group were spread out, however the 7th floor seemed a little quieter. However all the apartments...
3  Thank Vicky M
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Me an my bf have just come back from staying at this hotel! What you pay is what you get we didnt have any problems what so ever rooms are basic but what more do you need, i wouldnt say its for familys more couples an hen partys, we didnt have any theft problems what so ever we bought a saftey deposit box at the reception for 29 euros i was a bit put of at 1st with reading these reveiws and wanted to re-book last minute but my partner said to give it ago im glad i did, the view was absolutley brilliant! We was on the 3rd floor, we didnt really eat at the hotel until the end of the week and it was lovely but the florida was very nice an great value for money too thats just down the hill the chinese opposite was very nice too. Please dont be put of by these bad reveiws id defoo rebook to stay there xx

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gemma O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmanova
TRH Magaluf
BelleVue Vistanova
BelleVue Vistanova
#38 of 39 in Palmanova
Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites

Been to Hotel TRH Torrenova? Share your experiences!