“Good stag base”

Hotel TRH Torrenova
Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Listen, If you want 5* then Pay 5* prices, at a cost of £45 a night for 3 adults in the room, how can you complain?? We were down on the 1st floor, with a great sea view. If anything, I thought the hotel was really quiet for what many reviewers say is a loud, horrible guest behavior hotel. In the 3 days I was there I saw NO bad behavior at all.
The room was very basic, but it was clean, and was only a base. Fridge and air con worked fine. Bed not the most comfy ever.
Reception staff were lovely, security fine. Used the safe - but rooms were fine.
Food at the hotel wasn't great - but there is a spar shop opposite and it's only a short walk down the hill for English breakfasts that start from about £2!!!
We ate out at the Hot Rocks restaurant (very nice food - but beware of fat splattering back on clothes) and Pirates (Very nice ribs) which were both on the beach.
Nightlife is brilliant for stag and hen - expect to pay 5euro for two drinks (inc vod rb) a shot and a jug of cocktail. Most places stag drank for free and even me the the best man in some. (haggle - if you're sober enough). Another place was 10 euro for 2 hours of any non-premium drinks.
I've rated it a 5* for value for money - but 4* overall. Wouldn't take the wife, but would definitely recommend it for groups.

Room Tip: First floor (room 101) was a bit old but quiet and lovely sea views.
1  Thank iceman79

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed here with 5 friends last week in august and was the week from hell.... my friend had her camera stolen from her room along with 200 pound.... altogether about 800 pound!! hotel did absolutely nothing to help except to tell my friend to get a translator if she was going to the police but that she d have to pay for it, staff so rude, our rooms were not cleaned once and with 4 of us sharing a room with 2 towels it was a joke. A bit of advice for anyone staying here... GET A SAFE.. cos the cleaners will steal anything they can. Dirty thieving scumbag, thats all I can say. I wood have rathered sleep on the beach.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Siobhan D
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We just got back from this hell hole, I got robbed on the second day. The cleaners left our balcony door open when they went into clean our room - we were on the ground floor!!! I have travelled all over and I have NEVER experienced anything like this place. When i went to reception to tell them what happened they simply laughed at us and said "what do you want us to do about it - it's nothing to do with us" You can't trust the staff they are all in on the robbing going on. At least 3 groups that we spoke to while there got robbed. If you have booked this hotel already then please do whatever to change hotel. The swimming pool is dirty, very salty with no chlorine, with dirt floating about. This hotel would not suit people who dont like stairs.

5  Thank carolyn_marie_11
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This was the worst hotel in the history of mankind! If you really really hate somebody then you should book them a holiday in this hotel. The staff on reception were extremely unhelpful, you felt like you were putting them out by asking for anything. We were advised to leave our key in reception when we left the hotel, you could then ask for the key to any room and be given it without question.

The lock on the door to the room could be opened by knocking on the door. The inside bedroom door had been kicked in and the door frame had not been replaced, this was also the case for the bathroom door ( See photos). There were pubic hairs on the toilet when we got there, mould in the fridge, and blood on the pillow case ( more pictures attached). The place was generally unclean, the safe did not work and the balcony door did not lock.

All this was in fact not the worst thing about the hotel, the worst was the noise. There were groups of young people going out and making noise at all hours of the night, and nothing was done about this by the hotel staff. There was general banging and shouting all night.

The food at breakfast was terrible, most of it was pre-packaged and cheap. Breakfast finishes at 10, I was asked to go upstairs to put on a tee shirt for breakfast at 9.50 when I came back at 9.53 the breakfast had been cleared away. As soon as 10 o clock came the waiter started acting very unprofessionally and made you feel that you had over stayed your welcome because it was a minute after 10, and that guests should not be in the "restaurant" after 10. We also could not find a table as they were all dirty and had yet to be cleared, even though the "restaurant" was practically empty.

And then to top it off, on the last day, the water just stopped running in the room.

Wish we had come on here and read the reviews before we took our trip.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank A c
Reviewed 1 September 2012

13 on a stag do last weekend,all rooms great views with plenty room and very clean , quite impressed as goin by reviews i had all the guys warned that it wasnt the ritz!! guys on reception were spot on with check-in, breakfast was good with something there to grab a bite,some took a chance without a safe and nothing stolen so success on the whole with a great time by us all,only the hill to tackle but we managed to stop at every bar still serving so it broke the pain!! this hotel is not for the elderly or for families but we were all happy with the hotel.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

The hotel Torrenova is in a beautiful setting over looking the sea with stunning views, thats the one positive! It is not catered towards families at all. The noise levels are un - believable. The hotel was full of gangs of girls. boys, men and idiots who think nothing of coming back at 2 ,3,4,5am and letting all the hotel guests know they were back! I'm all for everyone having a good time but this was a joke! We complained and were moved to a less noisy room but was told "all the hotel is like this!" It was such a shame because the hotel could be so much nicer. When advertised it should say it is for the young and lively and not for families. I felt so sorry for families there with younger children and babies as mine are slightly older.
It is the first holiday my family and i have been on and couldn't wait to come home. Even if i was offered it free with spending money thrown in i wouldn.t go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RotherhamWilsons
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Was checking in at reception on arrival and getting our safety deposit boxes. My friend had my purse stolen from her hand with a distraction scam. Hotel staff were very unhelpful! Basically was met with a shrug as if this happens all the time. Refused to call the police and a taxi to take us to the police station. Was told to walk to the taxi rank outside the next hotel. Obviously my weekend was ruined as all my cash and back cards were stolen!!!! Been trying to sort out everything since I got back. Be very wary when checking in!!!!!!!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmanova
TRH Magaluf
Sotavento Apartments
Sotavento Apartments
#2 of 28 in Magaluf
Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites

Been to Hotel TRH Torrenova? Share your experiences!