“intimadation”

Hotel TRH Torrenova
Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Reviewed 9 September 2012

The hotel itself wasnt as bad as i thought as we got the best room in the whole hotel looking over both sea and pool area with a massive balcony. i had other friends staying in their hotel and was about a 15 min walk to their room which was like a dungeon and over looking bins. i was just lucky in my case. The receptionist is a dope trying to intimidate us all the time , any time i walked past reception the security card and him would just stare at me with a smirk on their face , also if you ever asked for anything at reception it was like you were asking for the biggest favour ever with rolling eyes and huffs. The security guard ruined the holiday not one night did he not barge in music had to be stopped at 11 and lights turned off on the balcony , we had few people in one night he and the receptionist came up and just bate onto this lad and threw him out and then tried to hit my friend who's a girl , this hotel is a scam when we first arrived their was a broken chair in our room and then they tried to say we broke it eventually we had to pay because they filed a police report and wouldnt give back our passports until we did . So when we checked out they said we didnt pay when we clearly did and stated with a smirk on their face going do ye have receipts so they said gaurds were on the way so it killed us to pay it , i cant get over how rude the staff were they were nasty people no one was helpful ever i already been to magaluf twice before this and never had this problem about staff. the hotel was on te very top of the hill bu further again , if you were going out once you would have to make sure you wernt gonna go back ou again because it was suck a treck , also prositutes everywhere. Never again would i stay in this hotel and would pity anyone who does , this hotel dosn't deserve customers or people who are on their holiday because they wil scam you and ruin your stay .

Room Tip: ask for the one of the 4 rooms by reception upstairs looking over the sea and view they have the bi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Susan D

Reviewed 8 September 2012

I dont understand some of the people complaining about this place. We paid £40 per night for 3 in a room, what did we expect? Not Much. There were 18 of us in total on a stag do. Rooms are basic but ok, poolside is pretty good with great views. I would definitely go back if on a stag do or lads holiday. Shop straight across the road so good if you want to get a few cheap beers in, they did let us drink them around the pool but just insisted we pour into plastic cups which is understandable. One thing I wont miss about this hotel is the hill its HUGE!!! Fine on the way down at the beginning of the night but hard work on your way home!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Blackpooldave16
Reviewed 6 September 2012

me and my friends stayed in this place (wud not even call it a hotel more like a hostel)for 4 nights last week.The first thing we noticed when we walked into our room was the sewage smell!!bathroom was full of drainage flies and baby cockroaches around the toilet.when we went to the pool there was dirt swimming around it and did not have any chlorine in it.it was like salt water...room got robbed 3rd day staying no sign of broken entry,only that towels had been changed so knew the onli people that had been in the room was the maids!!they had actually broken the lock on my suitcase...when we went to reception to complain the staff actually laughed in our face!!!!staff were sooo rude,rooms were dirty.we had a leak in our celing that was drippin ontop of our lecci switch onli to be told by reception it was safe!!!wot a joke...i wudnt even put my dog in here.!this place is a health hazard do not stay there..

Room Tip: do not stay there
3  Thank karyn m
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Just returned from a weeks stay at what I can only describe as a hell hole.

My friend and I stayed here looking for a hotel as a good base for both Magaluf and Palmanova and it was the views from the photos that sold this too us.

On arrival all seemed fine. Checking in was easy and they explained that they were unable to give us the seaview room we had requested. Room was basic but seemed fairly clean, we unpacked and went to the pool for some lunch.

We returned back to the room a couple of hours later and although there was no visable damage to the door we had been robbed from. 400 Euros which was hidden in a suitcase and my watch which was hidden in the back of a drawer had been taken. Went to reception to report this and al they had to say was that the hotel would not be held liable for this and I had to request 3 times that they call the police which they eventually did. Police did absolutly nothing told me I had to go to the police station in palmanova. After a 4 hour wait here I was told that I needed a translater for them to stamp my report which I would have to pay for!!!!!

The second night there was a storm which totally flooded our room. We had used all the yowels to try and stop the water coming in from under the doors but it wasn;t enough. We again went up to reception to be literally thrown a mop and a bucket and told to sort it ourselves!!! When asking for more towels and bedding as this was also wet we were told that there were no more towels or bedding in the hotel!!!!

The noise on an evening in ths hotel is unbelievable! It starts at 10 and doesn't stop until 10 in the morning and the hotel staff do nothing to keep the noise down.

I wouldn't even want my worst enemy to stay here!! Take head of the warings on here they are all true!!!!!

3  Thank Chloe E
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Just come back from 4 night stay at this hotel, hen party long weekend.Our average age was 29 and we were a party of 8 women. On arrival we did think hotel was a little tired and dated, however it its day I think it must have been a lovely hotel. The view we had from the balcony of our room was brilliant., and as per the theme of the hotel it looked like we were on a cruise ship. The staff were efficient and the rooms very clean and spacious, there were lots of young groups of people at the hotel, some of them not so desirable, however the majority were fine. Some noise but to be honest did not keep us awake. I think for the money this hotel is very good value.I know some people have had things stolen but we were advised to take safe deposit box and never had any problems.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, we had 101 -103
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Listen, If you want 5* then Pay 5* prices, at a cost of £45 a night for 3 adults in the room, how can you complain?? We were down on the 1st floor, with a great sea view. If anything, I thought the hotel was really quiet for what many reviewers say is a loud, horrible guest behavior hotel. In the 3 days I was there I saw NO bad behavior at all.
The room was very basic, but it was clean, and was only a base. Fridge and air con worked fine. Bed not the most comfy ever.
Reception staff were lovely, security fine. Used the safe - but rooms were fine.
Food at the hotel wasn't great - but there is a spar shop opposite and it's only a short walk down the hill for English breakfasts that start from about £2!!!
We ate out at the Hot Rocks restaurant (very nice food - but beware of fat splattering back on clothes) and Pirates (Very nice ribs) which were both on the beach.
Nightlife is brilliant for stag and hen - expect to pay 5euro for two drinks (inc vod rb) a shot and a jug of cocktail. Most places stag drank for free and even me the the best man in some. (haggle - if you're sober enough). Another place was 10 euro for 2 hours of any non-premium drinks.
I've rated it a 5* for value for money - but 4* overall. Wouldn't take the wife, but would definitely recommend it for groups.

Room Tip: First floor (room 101) was a bit old but quiet and lovely sea views.
1  Thank iceman79
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed here with 5 friends last week in august and was the week from hell.... my friend had her camera stolen from her room along with 200 pound.... altogether about 800 pound!! hotel did absolutely nothing to help except to tell my friend to get a translator if she was going to the police but that she d have to pay for it, staff so rude, our rooms were not cleaned once and with 4 of us sharing a room with 2 towels it was a joke. A bit of advice for anyone staying here... GET A SAFE.. cos the cleaners will steal anything they can. Dirty thieving scumbag, thats all I can say. I wood have rathered sleep on the beach.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Siobhan D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmanova
TRH Magaluf
Sotavento Apartments
Sotavento Apartments
#2 of 28 in Magaluf
Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites

Been to Hotel TRH Torrenova? Share your experiences!