1,012 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 November 2012

As someone who goes on holiday to relax, seek out good restaurants and see beautiful sights, I have to admit I was worried about the prospect of Palma Nova. Drinking and loud crowds are not to my liking, but a desperately wanted a holiday away from the UK.

Suffice to say, when we found a cheap hotel (this one) I was skeptical so I came on to Trip Advisor where I read many many negative and scathing reviews of this accommodation. This only furthered my worry of the holiday to come.

However, I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel experience as a whole and based on the cost and 3-star rating, I believe reviews should be written out based on these factors.

The studio room has plenty of space and the two beds + sofa bed were all of a decent size. We did take the waterproof mattress liners out of the bedding to stop the annoying sound - which took the whole of a minute to do. The bathroom was of a good size and offered the option of bath or shower - I always prefer hotels with baths. There was also great air conditioning in the room which is controllable by the guests. There was sufficient equipment in the kitchen area including a clean refrigerator.

Our room wasn't placed directly by the poolside but there was a sea view and I did appreciate the sense of privacy we had. The pool itself was of a good side, there were plenty of sunbeds/loungers to be used, there was even a poolside bar which served food, snacks and drinks.

The indoor bar, which I didn't use, appeared to be very well decorated and had a large seating area. On our last day, with time to kill, I sat in the entertainment area of the bar which included a large television and sofas, pool table, video games (I think this was 1 or 2 Euros for 20 minutes) and other arcade games. The reception staff were helpful when we needed a taxi calling to take us to the airport and also provided toilet roll when requested.

My main issue with the hotel was the noise. At any hour of the day/night there were loud voices, slamming doors and suitcases being dragged down the stairs, but this isn't exactly the hotel's fault. The safes were also expensive to rent - 21 Euros for one, but we did appreciate the security and made full use of them. The distance may also be a negative factor for people, although I mostly had comfortable footwear on and appreciated the exercise of that big hill.

Overall, based on my experience, I think a lot of these reviews are far too negative. The hotel was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Lena_Bloodlust
Reviewed 28 October 2012

After reading the reviews on here I was apprehensive about my first trip abroad in 10 years and my 6 year olds first holiday out of England..... Sadly I was right to be! I left no valuables in the room but was still robbed. My suitcase was cut open and my hand luggage bag taken out and stolen. This contained nothing of any great value but was extremely upsetting. Further to this my clothes had been thrown everywhere and even my pockets turned out. After fetching the manager to my room he shrugged and told me it was not his responsibility.
I urge anyone reading this not to go to this hotel and def do not take your children. The staff told me categorically it is not a family hotel and were surprised it was being advertised as one.
The food was rank too. Spag Bol for tea every night and deep fried battered broccoli for breakfast.
The manager on reception in the mornings was the only approachable, helpful member of staff.... I know he reads these reviews so thank you to him for at least apologising about the dire circumstances you end up in staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012
9  Thank Emmabis
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We arrived on the 17th Oct 2012 and were told that we NEEDED a safety deposit box we hadn't even put our bags down at this point, we did get a safety deposit box THANK GOODNESS the next day we sat by the freezing pool and when we went back to our room we found a pair of scisssors on my daughters bed and her clothes all over the room, her travel holdall had been cut open and her hand luggage bag stolen, although nothing of any real value had been taken the upset it caused to us as a family was devastating, my little grandson wouldn't even go to the bathroom on his own he was so frightened, the staff were very unhelpful and just said "It wasn't thier responsobility " it was obvious that it was someone with a key as there wasn't any sign of forced entry, I would urge anyone who is thinking of going to this hotel to think again as the robberies were happening on a daily basis, the food was grim and the staff never came to clear the dishes away, they were unfriendly and miserable, the noise at night was also unbearable, please think before going to this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank LINDA D
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We stayed first week of oct 2012...we had a sea view room no 301, which took our breath away when we arrived, It was outstanding.....! ok the rooms are basic but for 7 days it had everything we needed, but a kettle would've been nice. so we boiled water in a pan like we used to do in the black & white days...(i was'nt paying for a bloody kettle)... we'd already heard of the thieving going on so payed for a safety deposit box...(just for piece of mind) 27 euros i think...but you don't get any deposit back even though you've handed the key back which i think was unfair.. We only used the restaurant once for breakfast.....it was disgusting sorry to say....
We ate out all the time, the blue bar is very good i can recommend the entrecot steak & roquefort cheese sauce....(had that twice) The revolution bar in magalluf does a good deal on beer 2 pints for 2.5 euros...ask for Sally she's a diamond..say big steve & paula sent you & we'll be back next year.... anyway we had clean towels everyday & nothing was stolen ( we left a glass full of change out all week ) & nothing was touched.... we won't stay here again only because of it being situated on top of that bloody hill which was ok for me but the wife kept stopping for oxygen on the way back...The staff seemed friendly enough & it was clean...apart from the niggly little things we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves...!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bigbadsteve1962
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, Where do I begin...I wasn't even meant to stay at terronova hotel, palmanova hotel had closed down. There are very steep hills that makes you so tired. The Bedroom doors don't seem secure enough. The bathroom was wrench and the shower curtains looked dirty as well as the towels that weren't even white and was torn. There was no air conditioner in the bedroom either. The beds were hard as rock and wasn't even made up which there was no way on earth I was sleeping on. The bedroom windows never locked and flies would fly in if open and not safe if so. All the furnishings was basic and unstable. The air conditioner in the front room didn't work properly. They gave us some ripped up blankets and they did not change them regularly and when they did they still looked dirty. Noisy hotel at night time I don't recommend coming here if you are trying to get peace and quiet. The safes was out of use so I kept my valuable belongings on me at all times. The tables and furniture was sooo old fashioned and ugly helloooo we are in 2012 not the flipping 80s. Wouldn;t even rate this hotel it was so [--]. The sauna wasnt even in use. Seagulls cleaned themselves in the pool. The food was disgusting and not worth the price. The buffet looked [--] we didn't even bother buy their food who the hell eats ham, salami and some dry chips for dinner. Some boring buffet with not a good selection of food or variety. The toilets was disgusting and the cleaners didn't do a good job at cleaning the bedroom and I wouldn't even trust them around my things. They didn't even clean properly my little sister could do a better job than them. The TV in our room (Satellite tv) looked like it was made in ww1 was not working properly we had to hit the tv a couple of times to get a good picture and we had bbc1 on like 3 channels and it would cut out at times. Sky news kept freezing.The fridge/freezer kept turning on and off and the door wouldn't close properly. The front door had lots of cracks around it. The bathroom ceiling was molding. The balcony ceiling also had cracks in it. and there was water leaking from the balcony ceiling. I would recommend this hotel for reptiles. The snooker tables is always left out in all weather conditions, all the rain had made it unlevel so when you played the snooker balls would just roll out of place.The childrens park was terrible the floor looked awfully dirty and the swings seemed unsecure making a whole load of squeeking noises. And the problems go on and on!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple