“Hmmm ! Kind of alright but then again ???” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel TRH Torrenova
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
kilmarnock
“Hmmm ! Kind of alright but then again ???”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

Booked this as a last minute trip with On the Beach. Arrived at 6.30am to find the place full of drunks (average age 19?) worse was to come when we discovered that the hotel had no record of our booking , after waiting 45 mins at reception we were offered temporary rooms till they sorted out with Onthebeach.com . these were stinking hovells , seriously I really dont complain about things in general but when u find a human turd outside your room door then I think it justifies a complaint. We were given our correct rooms next morning and to be fair they were brilliant rooms, really spacious clean and with a view to die for. Food was Basic at best although Im not a lover of Spanish food so thats to be expected from some hotels. Over the course of the holiday I think i saw maybe 7 or 8 people over theage of 30 . this hotel was full and i mean full of teenagers who came home at 6am singing " lets make some noise " and the usual "rule Britannia" etc etc. Hardly slept a wink in a week. To sum up I would say , A great hotel spoiled by the people who stayed there. This would be a brilliant place if only they didnt cater for the 18-30 crowd or should I say 16-20 crowd...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

I have just got back from 3 nights at this hotel. Good location but that is about it. There were a lot of us spread over a number of rooms on different floors and all experienced problems with the shower, either no water or cold water coming out, no decent shower the whole time. Reception say that it is due to number of people using them!!! And to top things off like other people report one of us had money stolen from the bedroom. reception dont give a toss and then we had to trail to find police station and pay for translator as well. If you stay at this hotel GET A SAFE and LOCK EVERYTHING else in your suitcase!!

1 Thank Eastwestnicola

Travellers are raving about these Palmanova hotels

southampton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

PLEASE PLEASE TAKE NOTE, I HAVE TRAVELLED EXTENSIVELY AND I HAVE NEVER HAD SUCH A AWFUL EXPERIENCE. OTHER PEOPLE WERE RIGHT WITH THEIR COMMENTS, THE HOTEL STAFF CAN'T BE TRUSTED AND THEY ARE RUDE AND MOST UNHELPFUL. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR A DESCRIPTION OF OUR EXPERIENCE. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THE HOTEL AT ALL!!!!!

On our second day in our resort; TRH TORRENOVA, PALMA NOVA; we had our room broken in to and it was one of many that night. I understand that 2 further rooms were broken into quite spectually and I believe that there was an attempt on further rooms that night. The thieves had cut our suitcases open and all our clothes were thrown across the room, the contents of my suitcase has emptied, the thieves had gone through my underwear, broken my hair dryer and as I was due to change my travellers chequers that day, which were in a locked unit in a bag then locked in my suitcase, ALL my travel money went – all 800 Euros, my passport, driving license, airline tickets and essential paperwork associated with my holiday. My friend had her suitcase completely cut open and had to purchase a brand new suitcase as it was completely unusable. We did eventually find the passport and travel documents in the room, but all the money had gone as had my friend's.We believe we disrupted the thieves as the main bedroom wasn’t touched, thou we did discover that the room had previously been done over, as there were the words ‘ suckers’ written in black pen inside the drawers of the dressing table. The patio doors were completely open and the front door to our apartment was wide open, we therefore believe that it may have been an inside job, especially when you consider the number of rooms attempted the same night and that it was our first day.
On discovering our room being ransacked, I was extremely upset and frightened and hysterical over the fact that I was now in a country with absolutely no money and that someone had been through ALL my belongings, even my jewellery was scattered across the floor of the room along with the contents of my hand luggage. We immediately instructed reception that we had been robbed and they were told by the reception staff ‘ We told you that this hotel wasn’t safe’ . I went to reception greatly upset and I was greeted by staff who were rude and extremely unhelpful. It was only fellow guests – a family of four, sat in the hotel fovea, that acknowledge how upset I was. The receptionist imparticaly was dead right rude and when I asked for the police to be called, he was most unhelpful. I asked to speak to a senior member of management and I was told that no one was available until 10am the next morning. I work in management myself, and quite frankly this is not except able, I am always available 24/7 in cases of emergencies as are my colleagues, yet apparently there was absolutely no one to help us. The three members of staff were hunched over the reception unit more interested in their ongoing conversation than helping us. It was only after three of us went up to reception and insisted that the police be called, that they were. Thou we were then told that no one at the police unit spoke English and we would have to find our own way there, additionally it was our responsibility to find an interrupter. We were then instructed to tidy our room- something which I didn’t feel comfortable with as I have family in the police force in the UK and I have always been told to leave a crime scene how it was. We were however moved to a room supposedly safer as it was by reception.
We were then moved to a supposedly safer room there was a mark on the wall by the door which implied that this room had also been done over in the past. We moved furniture up against the patio doors and the front door and locked ourselves in the room. We were all very frightened. At about 4am in the morning, the security guard knocked on our door and was there with a group of four thirty- something lads who had been burgled and he left them with us, to console them. I found this absolutely disguising that we had no members of staff helping us; instead we were left with others that had been burgled and told to console them. On inspection of their room, we saw that their room had been completely ransacked, the safe had been thrown across the room, pictures of the wall, cushions thrown across the room, suitcases emptied, the front door kicked in and one poor lad on the first day of his holiday, had had all his clothes stolen.
We tried to speak to the hotel manager at 10am that morning, but eating his breakfast was far more important than even acknowlodging us and helping us. We were absolutely disguised. On visiting the police station, we moved our bags to the luggage room as we felt they would be safer there, rather than leave them unattended in a room. On our return to the hotel, we came back to the hotel to discover that the cleaner had left our patio doors on the first floor completely wide open, the explanation given by reception was that ‘it was to air the room’ I was absolutely livid, had we left anything in there, it was an open invitation to more potential thieves, additionally the dressing table drawers were wide open and all the doors to cupboards were open as if they had either assumed we had checked out which we hadn’t or were checking for items. We had a gut feeling that it was an inside job and asked me to check the cleaner trolley, hidden under a couple of towels, was a large plastic bag filled to the brim with other peoples belongs, again the hotel explanation when we took this back out to reception was that it was left over belongs, if that was the case, how do you explain that it had peoples handbags in, holiday beach towels and other personal belongs in?

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE- OUR HOILDAY WAS RUINED AND THE STAFF COULDNT CARE LESS.

1 Thank sunshineSouthampton
uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2010

Me and 3 of my girl friends came here for 4 nights, to celebrate my birthday!!

Rooms- they are a very good size, the beds in the rooms are very comfy, if there are four of you 2 have to sleep on the benches, these are not very comfy to be honest, but if you have had a drink you will soon drop off! There is a fridge but you have to pay for this. it all depends on your neigbours how loud it is, there are obviously a lot of people rolling in late, but in magaluf you expect this, just bring your earplugs!!

Location- If you are staying here to go out in magaluf it is perfect, it literally is just down the hill (the hill is as bad as they say!!) we didnt go into palma nova, but it is just a walk the oposite way! the beaches in magaluf are lovely, clear waters and soft sand, gorgeous. there are plenty of places to eat and drink in the day time, and it isnt half as expensive as i thought it would be!!

Safty- there are a lot of complaints about steeling, we hired a locker in reception and never had any trouble, i would never risk leaving valuables lying around, the lockers are cheap and definately worth it

nightlife- if you are going into magaluf you will love it, make sure you get as much free drinks out of the people dragging you in, saves you so much money!! BCM is brill, its on average 25 euros, but you get drinks and free stuff in that price, the washing machine party (foam and water) is so much fun!!

Also make sure you go to the pirates show, that is amazing for all ages, best money we all spent!!

Over all i would say for the price we paid we got a good deal, nice location, nice pool, lovely beaches, just be aware that this is magaluf and if you are here for peace and quiet you will need your earplugs
any questions please ask

England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

To sum things up, place is a complete piece of shiet. Honestly, the staff are about as bent as my mate Mandy's Cock. We arrived as a few lads, once we arrived we were excited and like anyone wanted to go out partying and such. Literally, on the first night we had way over 1000 euros stolen. No damage to the doors, locks...ANYTHING. Next morning we find out what happened, report it to recpetion to be told 'This doesn't happen often 'i'm so sorry' few minutes later we discovered the 4 rooms next door all got roobed exactly the same. It's definately an 'inside job' despite whatever they may say. You're told to report the crimes to the police, later to find you need a transilator to do so which costs you a good 50+ euros atleast... So you've lost all your money now paying to report a crime, wtf anyone? Even the safe's arent...safe. But if you're ever planning to go to this crazy hotel I'd get one immediately (3 euros per day). I think me and my mates were in the hotel less than 10% of the holiday and we probably discovered 4-6 different occasions people got completely robbed, even their whole suitcase basically left with only what they're wearing... Even someones primark shoes (£3) got robbed. So imagine if we spent more time there the amount of people we'd discover. Location - Great, Hotel - NEVER.

1 Thank PopeMeister
LEICS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

Yes its true just like the other bad reviews of the hotel. When I first read other reviews about thefts, I thought it always happens to someone somewhere as an isolated event but NO, it is consistent here.

First day, I and my mates went for a night out. On return we found about 1000 euros in total stolen. We reported to reception and all they did was write two lines in a book. We caught the bus to police station, only to find out that they don't speak english at all (how stupid-every local speaks english but police can't even understand the word "POLICE STATION" in english)...So we arranged a translator who charged us 30euros phr.

Third day, my camera from the SAFE got stolen. Fourth day £10 from a mate's wallet kept in SAFE got stolen. Those thieves play mind games that make you question your own memory by stealing step by step.

The receptionist said that hardly ever, they have thefts in their hotel. What a joke; We discovered that there were four more robberies in that same week. Every victim gets robbed on first or second day; no signs of breaking locks; just a swift theft.

One group of lads, on their second day went to watch third england match in worldcup and returned to find out that not only was their money gone, but even their clothes, bank cards and electronics were gone.

If you are clever enough to read the reviews then just be a bit more wise to follow this review and don't ever step a foot here

1 Thank MANDYLeics
Exeter
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

When I arrived at the hotel I was quite happy with where we were staying just down the road from Magaluf and Palma nova and te views were good. Rooms were ok, sheets stained but ok.
However all changed on the second day we were there we went out but came back early about half 11, when I was outside the room I noticed english change on the floor and then as we wnt to open the door it was open and so were the patio doors out onto the balcony.
Heart dropped they had cut open our suitcases, clothes everywhere and our personal belongings everywhere......great!!! Went down to reception, they was not even surprised. Police were called, then apprently they were not coming out as we could not speak spanish. My friends had a lil english money gone and one friend did not use the safe so her travellers cheques went.
They offered to change our room next too reception so we agreed, next thing at about 5am a group of lads knocked on our door , they had been robbed too, they were a lot worse off their clothes had been nicked room trashed and safe thrown across the room.
Luckly we booked with Thomas Cook, weho moved us the next day to another hotel, I felt really bad for the lads as they could nt move as they had booked online.
We came back from the police station the next day and went to check the room, cleaners were in all doors open and their cleanig trolly was full of hand bags, perfume, alcohol etc..... my friend picked up all the stuff and threw it over reception.

The staff did not care at all, we read the reports online about theft etc and jus thought it was people over reacating buti ts not, please dont go here if u have booked move to another hotel. Thomas Cook have removed this hotel now and also wen we were in magaluf british staff said our hotel was known for that! If we had put all our stuff in safe clothes still went and personal items broken.
They think you must be too drunk to know but as we locked our suitcases when we went out ment we knew straight away IT IS AN INSIDE JOB. THE RECEPIONIST WAS IN ON IT AS THEY WERE DISTURBED!!!! CLEANERS LEAVE THE DOORS OPEN WHEN THEY HAVE CLEANED AND IF THEY REMAIN OPEN THEY NO YOUR OUT. There was a number of rooms done at this place. We were moved and had a really good holiday even though we remained slightly nervous still.

Im not writting this for a dig or for the fun of it, im trying to stop this experience happening to anyone else as its not nice specially with no help from management or the local authorities.

Please rethink this hotel!!!!

3 Thank Carlgibbons
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmanova
Hotel Marina Torrenova
Intertur Palmanova Bay
Intertur Palmanova Bay
#9 of 39 in Palmanova
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,752 reviews

Been to Hotel TRH Torrenova? Share your experiences!