I stayed at the Palmanova Hotel for one week 19th-26th August. Four of us travelled - myself (24), brother (18), and parents (40's).
CHECK IN: We arrived at the hotel around 11.45pm, and rather than go through the check in process straight away, we were given our wrist bands and told to go downstairs to get a snack and drinks as the AI service ended at midnight. I thought this was very considerate however the snacks were ham and cheese sandwiches. I'd rather have had a slice of pizza! We had our few drinks, then headed back to reception for a very speedy check in.
ROOMS: We had 2 rooms next door to each other on the first floor. First impressions were good. Rooms were spacious and clean. Our view was a partial pool view but I wasn't too fussed as to me the room is used to sleep and shower. Who wants to spend their holiday cooped up inside anyway? Towels were changed daily and the maids did a decent job cleaning and making beds. Linen was changed once during our week's stay.
POOL: Ah, the dreaded sunbed debate. Luckily for us, we were tipped off on our arrival by a lovely lady who recommended getting up at around 5am to reserve a sunbed. I thought this was ridiculous but never the less, turned out to be very true! By 7am, all loungers are taken up (sometimes by people who spend the majority of the time at the beach only returned late afternoon) so if you want a lounger, make the effort to get up and get one. Failing that, there is ample seating that's still in the sun if you don't mind sitting up all day. Life guard is on duty 10.00-18.00, but note she speaks minimal English and spends most the time collecting glasses and telling people to put their loungers behind the blue line. However, she does do a wonderful job of making sure the younger children stay safe by not going into the deep end. The pool itself does get full, so if you like to float around peacefully on a lilo, go to the beach as you don't stand a chance, especially when the pool is taken over for water polo each day at 4pm.
FOOD: The food started off very good, but towards the end of the holiday I was bored with the choices. Breakfast is the standard full english, fruit, yoghurts, cereals, croissants, toast, all with juice and coffee/tea. Morning snacks are croisssants, toasties, fruit, salad and yoghurt. Lunch and dinner are all buffet style with soups, salads, cold meats and cheeses. There is always a pasta dish, 2 meat dishes, vegetable dish, fish dish, chips, plus accompniaments to suit the food i.e. mexican night there was rice with peas and beans. There was always an array of deserts including cakes, fruit, mousses and jellies. Afternoon snacks were burgers, hot dogs, toasties, pasta and salads. Ice-cream was available during snack times also. My only complaint about the food was it was never really hot - but there was a microwave in the dining area to heat food. Waitress service wasn't the best, plates weren't cleared away very quickly and plates were quite often dirty.
BAR/DRINKS: There is only ever one bar open at any one time. Pool bar 10.00-18.00 and the bar inside 18.00-00.00. Spanish brands were served and although they weren't the best, were strong enough if you wanted to over indulge. You can pay additional for premium branded drinks. All drinks during the day are served in plastic cups (for safety) and in the evening if you were inside, you could have them in a glass. I wasn't all that bothered to be honest, it was so hot, they didn't last long anyway. Queues weren't a problem, longest queue was at the pool bar during the last half hour of serving.
ENTERTAINMENT: Well as you can see from previous reviews, there is only one person that truly is worth 5 stars and that's David. He is non-stop from the moment he arrives to the moment he leaves. He has the ability to get the whole pool joining in with his "Fun Fitness" - shuffle-bottom anyone? Everyone is mesmerised by his energy, dancing and his humour and he deserves Entertainer of the Year. The kids love him as do the adults. Other honourable mentions go to Christo, Angela, Lisi and Natalie who all put much effort into activities and entertainment. The evening entertainment is geared mainly at the kids and audience participation (also bingo every night) but like I said with David, no one is bored or remotely cringing at how cheesy it is. They do have a couple of professional shows on during the week too - these were pretty good called Decadance and The Sundaes.
LOCATION: Excellent location - literally 2 minutes from the beach and Palmanova centre. Magaluf is also very close for those looking for a more lively night. Prices were reasonable out and about - pint of vodka redbull 5EUR, pint lager 1.50EUR, cocktails around 5EUR. Most bars had special offers on and livlier bars stayed open until 4am. Special mention to Pizza Nova whose pizza's are top notch with excellent service.
Overall, a good holiday had by all. There were some faults, but you can't please everyone. Even 5* hotels have their faults. This was a down to earth, fun holiday where a few niggles didn't spoil it one bit. I would go back to the hotel for a cheap break again but if I was to make it my main holiday, I'd probably look to go to Majorca self-catering as I think All Inclusive are better reserved for the larger resorts a bit further affield.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel description The Globales Palmanova Hotel offers enjoyable facilities and comprehensive services for your beach holiday in Majorca. The hotel is located in one of the most popular holiday destinations of Majorca, Palma Nova, in the municipality of Calvia. Days can be spent relaxing on the resort’s beach, strolling along the landscaped promenade or exploring the many shops, bars, nightclubs and restaurants the town has to offer. The hotel is a stone’s throw away from Palma Nova's beach, known as one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. With ideal conditions and everything you need nearby, the beach of Palma Nova will make for a truly memorable holiday. Facilities at the hotel include swimming pools for both adults and children, a 4,600-square-foot garden with sun loungers and parasols, a children's playground, entertainment venues including a games room and free wireless internet (30 minutes) access in public areas. In addition, the hotel has a function room cater for up to 60 people and a car park. The Globales Palmanova Hotel has everything to experience your dream vacation on the resort of Palma Nova. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Globales Palmanova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmanova Hotel Palma Nova
- Palma Nova Hotel
- Hotel Palma Nova Majorca
- Globales Palmanova Majorca