Having read the odd negative review of this hotel, I was pleasantly surprised. Check in was speedy and efficient. Despite all the comments about the sunbeds being reserved, me and my cousin managed to find a couple around the pool somewhere to put together even if they had no cover after breakfast. The food was healthy and fresh with themed nights, even if the beefburgers and steaks tasted a little like faggots! The all inclusive drinks were good except when one of the waiters refused to serve my cousin because it was 'time' even though it was only 11:55pm and then went off in a strop! (another waiter then carried on serving!) The daily entertainment was good for kids although the evening entertainment was cheesy (who wants to sit indoors on a warm Mediterranean evening anyway?) The entertainment team seemed to try hard despite the inevitable reluctance of many of the guests to join in. The clientele of the hotel consisted mainly of families with kids and some older couples, with the odd group of 18 year old Magalufites who didn't cause any problems. There seemed nothing for teenagers to do in terms of entertainment but most kids of that age seemed to make friends and create their own entertainment. Ifyou want a balcony in the sun go for a pool room, if you want a peace and quiet room, choose a mountain view (which does overlook the sea slightly.) As alluded to there is a motorway outside, but its across 2 fields and no busier than your average A road, its hardly the M6! You won't hear it with the balcony doors shut! I can attest that thw water polo got a bit boisterous (I was one of the players several times - sorry lol!) - some people didnt mind the odd ball being thrown out the pool towards them although I can imagine it might be an issue for some!
Further afield, there is an excellent mini golf course with wonderful landscaping and gardens one street away with Magaluf around a 25 minute walk away. Buses into Palma didnt stop to pick up passengers at the end of Palma Nova (around 7 passed us which were full.) One could always take advantage of the excellent cycleways to cycle into Palma and around its bay. Overall this is a god place to stay unless you are one of the fussy minority.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel description The Globales Palmanova Hotel offers enjoyable facilities and comprehensive services for your beach holiday in Majorca. The hotel is located in one of the most popular holiday destinations of Majorca, Palma Nova, in the municipality of Calvia. Days can be spent relaxing on the resort’s beach, strolling along the landscaped promenade or exploring the many shops, bars, nightclubs and restaurants the town has to offer. The hotel is a stone’s throw away from Palma Nova's beach, known as one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. With ideal conditions and everything you need nearby, the beach of Palma Nova will make for a truly memorable holiday. Facilities at the hotel include swimming pools for both adults and children, a 4,600-square-foot garden with sun loungers and parasols, a children's playground, entertainment venues including a games room and free wireless internet (30 minutes) access in public areas. In addition, the hotel has a function room cater for up to 60 people and a car park. The Globales Palmanova Hotel has everything to experience your dream vacation on the resort of Palma Nova. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Globales Palmanova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmanova Hotel Palma Nova
- Palma Nova Hotel
- Hotel Palma Nova Majorca
- Globales Palmanova Majorca