My wife and I have just returned today from a fortnight at this hotel and apart from a couple of small issues we have had an excellent holiday. We read the reviews after we'd booked and were very sceptical about what to expect but what a pleasant surprise. We arrived 2 hours before the rooms were to be ready so on check-in the reception staff gave us our wristbands and stored our luggage so that we could start using the hotel facilities immediately. The bedrooms are pretty basic (no kettle/hairdryer/iron - we knew that so took our own), the beds aren't the most comfy in the world but the rooms are spotless (cleaned daily with fresh towels daily) and the aircon is great. 1 thing to remember is that if you put your phone/ipad etc on charge and then leave the room empty they will stop charging because the room key activates the electric supply and aircon. The pool area is really good, cleaned daily, plenty of space - the downside is that people were literally getting up at 4-5.00am to put towels on sunbeds!!! I do believe the hotel are looking into better ways of managing this though, having said that we would go down at about 11.00am and could always find a spare one somewhere (just the white plastic ones as opposed to the 'sitty-uppy blue ones') it's olny to lie on anyway!! The pool bar is open from 10.00am-6.00pm and this is both self service and waiter service, the barcode on your wristband lets you through the turnstile (it doesn't always work but you can squeeze through anyway and the staff are ok with this as they know it is intermittent). It is a little slow dispensing spirits but that is because it is like a vending/coffee machine so you put your plastic cup under, press 'vodka', it selects vodka internally and pours it into your cup, it only becomes slow when you want to get a double (slow is maybe 10-15 seconds so not slow at all really). The bar in the restaurant area is similar but has more machines etc (open from 6.00pm-12.00pm). The food is 'ok', different themed nights such as spanish, mexican but in the main caters for british tourists. The entertainment is decent, nothing flash, quizzes, kids games, killer pool, table tennis, water polo. The entertainment team themselves (Andi and Tilley) are spot on but they can only work with the guests wo want to participate (mr and mrs etc). Cleanliness is great, always see cleaners around the place. You can hire the likes of mini-fridges, kettles, ipod docking stations from the hotel if you need to. Not much more to say I don't think, we are a couple aged 35-41, like and drink and a laugh and this fulfilled that perfectly, met some great people who we are hoping to go away with next year, preferably to the same hotel and with our kids this time. One last thing, I read that a lot of people said it was more for teangers going to Magaluf, we ventured out and about until the early hours at a bar called the Stadium not far from the hotel, returning anywhere between 1-4.00am, not once did we witness unruly behaviour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel description The Globales Palmanova Hotel offers enjoyable facilities and comprehensive services for your beach holiday in Majorca. The hotel is located in one of the most popular holiday destinations of Majorca, Palma Nova, in the municipality of Calvia. Days can be spent relaxing on the resort’s beach, strolling along the landscaped promenade or exploring the many shops, bars, nightclubs and restaurants the town has to offer. The hotel is a stone’s throw away from Palma Nova's beach, known as one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. With ideal conditions and everything you need nearby, the beach of Palma Nova will make for a truly memorable holiday. Facilities at the hotel include swimming pools for both adults and children, a 4,600-square-foot garden with sun loungers and parasols, a children's playground, entertainment venues including a games room and free wireless internet (30 minutes) access in public areas. In addition, the hotel has a function room cater for up to 60 people and a car park. The Globales Palmanova Hotel has everything to experience your dream vacation on the resort of Palma Nova. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, TravelUp, HostelWorld, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Globales Palmanova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmanova Hotel Palma Nova
- Palma Nova Hotel
- Hotel Palma Nova Majorca
- Globales Palmanova Majorca