“FAB HOTEL” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Leicester, United Kingdom
“FAB HOTEL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here in Sept 2013 for 5 days. Initially we were worried when reading the reviews. But on arrival were pleasantly surprised. Staff were friendly, rooms comfortable, excellent singers on the karaoke !!, food good with plenty of choice, Good central location close to beach. Pool area was a bit worn but OK as we prefer the beach. all in all a good value for money cheap break. Have booked again for this Sept 2014.

Room Tip: pool facing 5th floor and above
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank sharon h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week in September. I have to say I was wary of what to expect after reading some of the reviews on here before going, but I am pleased to say we had nothing to worry about. We arrived quite late and the staff at reception were very friendly and we were quickly checked in. We did have to stay in a family room for the first night and then moved to our double room at lunchtime the next day. This was a bit annoying but I did notice a few other guests checking in the next day only to be moved to their sister hotel for the night, as they were over booked but they did get compensation in the form of a free fridge or safe for their stay.

Rooms were clean and basic with a small balcony with table and chairs. Rooms were cleaned every day. If you wanted to pick faults I'm sure you could find some but for the price we paid I was more than happy.

We were half board, the breakfast wasn't fantastic but wasn't awful and you wouldn't go hungry. There was lots of selection, fruit, cereals, bread, yoghurts and cooked breakfast. It was the bacon i didn't like, it was like rubber with grisly bits in it but everything else was nice. The evening meal more than made up for breakfast, I enjoyed it every night. Lots of selection, such as soup with rolls, different types of salads which were delicious and lots of fish and chicken dishes, along with pastas. There were a good selection of deserts too and lots of flavours of ice cream to go along with it. All in all i couldn't fault it.

We managed to get a sun bed at the pool most days and there was a pool bar to grab a refreshing drink. The pool was closed every night for cleaning. The hotel is right next to all the local bars and shops with a bus stop 5 mins away to take you to different places. It is also a short walk into magaluf. We were able to walk there for a night out in BCM. The area isn't mad but still lively which I liked about it and it's a lovely clean area unlike magaluf. Also the beach is a short walk away too.

If your looking for a cheap and cheerful holiday with a clean bed to lie your head and descent food then I would definitely recommend this hotel :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Lyndsey F
Kilwinning, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

I'll start off by saying we went on a lads holiday in the middle of July.

The location is spot on, a 10/15 minute walk from the strip, Banana Joes pretty much on the doorstep (brilliant for starting a night before heading to the strip). Their were also loads of shops nearby that sold cheap booze and a few places for a cracking fry up. McDonalds really close too.

The food was fine. Usual kinda stuff, fish, burgers, pasta, chips etc. Can't comment on the breakfast as the only morning I got there on time was because I was just in from the night before mad everything I looked at turned my stomach.

The room was pretty small but we were never in it. The towels were changed every day and the rooms were tidied every day.

The pool area was nice and well kept. You could hire table tennis paddle things for a small deposit. There was also two pool tables outside and two inside.

Wifi was a small charge but not too dear, or you could just use the computers for even cheaper.

I never really spoke to anyone at the hotel, just got our room key and went on our way. I don't know what some people expect the receptionist to do? Personally I wanted to get the to room ASAP anyway.

I have booked up to come back here on the 4th of July and I'm proper buzzing.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank KevinColeman1888
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed here in June 2013, it was as part of a college study visit. The hotel itself is very basic, the food leaves alot to be desired and the staff could be more friendly, however the hotel pool is great and the hotel is in a great location only a bus ride from Palma city and only a 20 minute walk from the centre of Magaluf!

Room Tip: The showers on lower floors are much better than those on higher floors!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank jade m

Travellers are raving about these Palmanova hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 nights just two girls. The food is fine for what you pay for there were different things each night but breakfast was the same. Never ate at the pool bar so can't comment!
Rooms are clean and good sized same with the bathroom.
It's about a 15 min walk to magaluf so it's not bad at all, we got taxis back and it was about €4! Staff will call taxis for u and give directions, always friendly.
There are some families around but we had music playing whilst getting ready until about 12am and never had any complaints i assume families are on the other side of the hotel.
A really good hotel, decent location ( beach 2 mins away spar shop opposite for prinks!) very good value! :)

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Satobi
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed at Don Bigote in a group of 21 back in July. For what you pay it's great value for money. We were half board and the food was ok. If you aren't a fussy eater you'll be fine; generally speaking there was always something to eat though.

There's a grumpy old security man who trolls around the reception and the corridor at night. Being a group of 21, every night we had drinks in 1 room before we went out and in that sense the hotel were quite relaxed and even on the last night we all had a few drinks by the pool before we went out with our own music and they let us stay and just told us not to do it the following the night. The only time the hotel get involved is if you're loud in the corridors - understandable!
Oh and they will confiscate the magaluf megaphones if they see you come in with one!

Hotel is old fashioned and the rooms are cramped however if you're just using the hotel as a place to sleep then it really isn't an issue. It was cleaned everyday and the towels were changed daily too.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a lively holiday that's not as full on as an 18-30's hotel. You can relax by the pool or at the beach that's a short walk away in the day and then take a 20-25 minute walk to Magaluf for the nightlife!

If i was to return to Palma Nova/Magaluf, I would definitely go back to Don Bigote!

Room Tip: Get a pool view!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Matt H
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

We booked 2 rooms, had a blast, in the local area. Rooms basic, staff friendly at breakfast and ESPECIALLY friendly at the pool bar, always top notch. Staff were NEVER friendly at reception, I heard that from many many customers. Rooms basic but suffice, were always clean and well cleaned during our stay. Pool was always clean. Could do with with a few more sun beds, but that that can been said for most hotels but can make a huge difference. On a busy day, is lacking......what I counted about 30 additional beds and a few more parasol tables, something to seriously consider. More people outside ........more people spending money at the bar..............Overall room, food and booze prices reasonable....I am sure there was better deals down the road, but overall I cannot complain.
Really hope they improve or I will simply go across the road, but would love to come back there again. Overall: room for improvement but very little needs doing to win me over. Please hear me out General Manager.

Stayed July 2013