“clean and neat”

Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Newquay, United Kingdom
“clean and neat”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just got back last night, had a great 10 nights, at this hotel. Did not expect much for £600.00 for the 10 nights, including flights and 1/2 board, read loads of info so was very wary, of what was to come, but we had a great time hotel in great position we laughed every meal time as you have to get your own cutlery and napkins. But hey, no problem. food was edible we have paid a lot more be fore, for worse food, Staff were very polite and helpful, pool side is very busy with the kid enjoying their selves, (so as two 60+) we were doing all of this when we were young, just wished we could have joined in.
Don't be worried this is everything you pay for and more.

3 Thank Lyn C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Just came back from a three day stay at the Don Bigote. I wasn't expecting too much considering the very low price I paid but was really pleasantly surprised by the hotel. Room was clean, as was the pool area. Staff were also very friendly and helpful. Guests at the hotel were a mix of people, ranging from couples, young groups, families and older couples. Personally I didn't find the groups a problem, all very well behaved and considerate. Location was perfect, just a short stroll from the beach, and about a 15 minute walk from the livelier night life of magaluf. Would have preferred a room on a higher floor as our view from the first floor was just of the street below, not really the fault of the hotel just our personal preference. The air conditioning could do with some improvement, didn't seem to make a dent on the heat and I found it quite hard to get to sleep. Also after checkout you can leave your luggage at the hotel, however it is not in a locked room as I would have hoped, it is left under the stairs in the lobby out in the open, so wasn't too comfortable about leaving my belongings there, luckily it was all there upon our return.

I would stay here again as I still believe the hotel is good value for money

2 Thank pennyc94
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed at the Don Bigote hotel in June 2014 the hotel bed room, was small but clean with clean towels every day. food there was basic but always eat able, staff where friendly and very helpful. hotel close to beach shops and bars, and the area very flat which was suitable for me has walking is difficuit.

3 Thank ces1946
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely clean hotel. Food very good no complaints from our party of 9. Excellent location. One downside no free wifi. Paid for a week only able to use in certain areas, didn't work in the room. But I was on hols and there to relax, which I certainly did. Would def recommend but not for children.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gill P
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Went with my family a group of 9 of us. Myself my husband and my 11yr old daughter where in a room together and yes the room was small but it was very adequate and very clean. The bathroom was small but again very clean there was room for all we needed in that hotel room since most of the time your out and about anyway. The staff where AMAZING with my child and my niece and nephew the just loved them always playing and joking with them (few free drinks thrown in too lol)
Food in the hotel was incredible aswel the sheer choices alone were wonderful I thoroughly enjoyed gaining 12lbs in that 10 days lol
Location is perfect to everything really can't say enough about it like, please don't believe the bad hype like I did reading on here I think they're trolls out to put you off.
There were stag and hen dos at the hotel at the same time and again yes they were loud but come on they're on holiday too, they again were great with our kids played ball games and everything.
Can't wait to get back to this lovely positioned clean happy hotel

Stayed July 2013
6 Thank Ciara W
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife & I have just returned from our 7nts holiday at the Don Bigote in Palma Nova for our sister-in-laws 40th birthday. This was our 2nd visit to this Hotel, the first one being 3 yrs ago. Once again this Hotel did'nt fail to impress. From the moment you arrive you are greeted with friendliness & a warm welcome from the regular staff. Maria & Margarita on reception always welcome you with a smile & nothing is ever too much trouble for them as they are always eager to help you if they can. Yes the Hotel has only a 2 star rating but don't let it put you off, the Hotel is spotlessly clean & all be it the rooms are smaller than some Hotels offer, they are more than adequate to suit your needs. Rooms are cleaned every day as well as fresh towels. We were on 6th floor towards the back of the Hotel overlooking the Main Street of the Hotel but believe me the view was excellent as you also could see part of the bay & the sea from your balcony & a lovely view of the mountains. A little noise can be heard a little bit from late night revellers returning but nothing to concern you. The food for a 2 star Hotel was commendable & as good as we have sampled in higher rated Hotels, certainly enough choice for everyone. For those who constantly complain, well they must live well at home, trust me every day we enjoyed the food on offer. My only criticism of the Hotel was the lack of entertainment on offer as there is only Bingo& Karaoke as alternatives on offer allbeit Tony is a lovely guy on the Karaoke. I did mention this to the staff regarding the entertainment and they said during the high season they had provided other entertainment in the past but a lot of people would venture out of the Hotel without listening to what was on offer so I suppose they have a valid point. Overall our stay was very enjoyable & we will definitely return to this Hotel in the near future. Well done to all the staff at the Don Bigote.

Room Tip: Higher floors have excellent views.
2 Thank Steve T
Stoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This last week was the second time I've stayed in the Don Bigote (the first time being in 2010, with family) and once again have had an excellent stay in the hotel.

The rooms themselves are basic and depending on your room allocation, could be a little on the smaller side but definitely don't lack anything you need to have a great holiday. Our allocated room was on the street facing side, so occasionally it was noisy from people and traffic going past. But for the most part I didn't find this a problem. Here, my only criticism was the quality of the air conditioning unit which didn't really keep the room all that cool, I can imagine that later in the season this might be a little more of a problem.

The staff in the hotel were very friendly, happy to help and the bar staff particularly happy to enjoy a sociable conversation with you.

Whilst I didn't use the pool myself, the whole pool area was kept very clean and tidy and the pool itself looked clean and had plenty of use from other guests. Sun loungers around the pool weren't all that comfortable though and weren't adjustable to sit up in.

Food was of a great standard on every day of our stay, we always managed to find something to eat. Breakfasts always consisted of the same english breakfasts, toast making facilities, cereals amongst other choices whilst evening meals were varied each day and didn't get boring.

Finally, I think the location of this hotel is perfect. Whether you're looking for a family holiday or a holiday as a group of friends looking for nights out drinking. It's about a 10-15 minute walk of Magaluf, which means that you can either enjoy nights out on the strip or stay in the quieter Palmanova end of the resort and in around the island of Mallorca there are plenty of excursions to make each day different.

I would definitely recommend stopping here.

¡El hotel era muy bueno! :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends